Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison
US Army Private First Class Bradley Manning arrives alongside military officials at a US military court facility to hear his sentence in his trial at Fort Meade, Maryland.
August 21st, 2013

Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison

By Paul Courson

For leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents, Bradley Manning is set to spend the next three decades in prison.

A military judge on Wednesday sentenced Manning to 35 years in prison - less than the 60 years prosecutors sought, as well as the 90 years he could have received.

The former Army intelligence analyst - convicted in July of stealing 750,000 pages of classified documents and videos and disseminating them to WikiLeaks - will be credited for the roughly three and a half years he's already served in detention.

The judge, Army Col. Denise Lind, also reduced his rank from private first class to private, and ordered him to be dishonorably discharged. Manning also will forfeit pay and benefits.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Bradley Manning • WikiLeaks
  1. Carmelia Feeler

Its good as your other posts : D, regards for posting . "You can't have everything. Where would you put it" by Steven Wright.

March 4, 2021 at 10:13 am | Reply
  2. ClarkClurn

3gzf5 yy9sw dr97

February 28, 2021 at 8:08 pm | Reply
  3. best face masks

I have additional reasons that fit your writing. Can I repost this?

February 26, 2021 at 3:17 am | Reply
  4. commercial slides for playground equipment

commercial professional playground equipment manufacturers

February 24, 2021 at 10:53 pm | Reply
  5. Rudolph Debruyn

I discovered your weblog web site on google and test a couple of of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the excellent operate. I simply extra up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. In search of ahead to studying extra from you in a while!…

February 23, 2021 at 6:55 pm | Reply
  6. box packaging

Good post. I'm facing many of these issues as well..

February 22, 2021 at 1:30 pm | Reply
  7. buy face masks

I love how you break things down. How relatable!

February 21, 2021 at 8:36 pm | Reply
  8. best independent Italian spot

I saw a lot of website but I conceive this one contains something special in it in it

February 18, 2021 at 8:16 am | Reply
  9. buy n95 masks

Aren't you gonna want to justify that? Haha

February 18, 2021 at 7:48 am | Reply
  10. wearegeneralnews.com health

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Firefox. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Thanks

February 7, 2021 at 4:43 pm | Reply
  11. Macy Busman

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

January 28, 2021 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  12. Lowell Artola

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and after this if a comment is added I get four emails concentrating on the same comment. Perhaps there is that is you’ll be able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks!

January 11, 2021 at 9:17 pm | Reply
  13. Elza Schmier

assisted living is nice if you got some people and a home that cares very much to its occupants..

December 20, 2020 at 3:31 pm | Reply
  14. Charlotte

Who are you suppose to tell if the people you would usually report these things to are the ones committing the crime? I get there needs to be things that not everyone needs to know for a variety of reasons but there is a point in time where everything should slam up against a giant redundancy wall in our government. In all of these cases it did not, and lets not forget how many there were! So this wasn't some simple clerical error. The wall wasn't there and so Bradley stepped in. What in the world would you do if you had to see all these horrible things happening to these people every day for years and no one was doing anything about it. Do you really think you could just set there and shrug it off because this time it happened to be coming from your own country? No one does anything perfectly but... if nothing else you should recognize the bravery and patriotism it takes to do all that he has done.

August 26, 2013 at 4:39 am | Reply
  15. W.

"I don't need your sweet emotion, or your 'little Bo Peep' devotion, all I want is just a portion of your dirty love..."

August 22, 2013 at 9:38 am | Reply
  16. letmeeatcake

why is that guy still wearing a military uniform?...should be an orange jumpsuit...

August 22, 2013 at 8:14 am | Reply
    • Working to finance the Middle East military welfare machine

This is probably a file photo, that and he doesn't get his new threads until he gets to his new home.

August 22, 2013 at 9:30 am | Reply
  17. Lancy lobo

You are scred up and need to see a shrik"

August 21, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Reply
  18. George Patton-2.01

my sentence calculator says that is one day for every 58 pages of leak. is it a good thing or a bad thing?

August 21, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Reply
    • George patton

The fact that Pfc. Bradley Manning was convicted at all is a total ignominy!!! Yes, there are men in the military who got off with extremely light sentences while others went scott free for abusing or assaulting their female counterparts is totally ludicrous. Then again, there are those filthy creeps who operate those ungodly drones, slaughtering people in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen on a daily basis. Where is the justice??????? Will somebody tell me, please?

August 21, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Reply
      • George Patton-2.01

who is looking for justice? not me. and FYI – people operating drones are not creeps, they are just doing their job. People who're fighting our forces in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Yemen are creeps or illiterate muslims.

August 21, 2013 at 1:29 pm |
    • George patton

Come on George Patton-2.01, you're beginning to sound like Tea Partier for taking up for those murdering cowards who operate those monster drones. Have you any notion of what it's like to be on the receiving end of one of those 500 lb. bombs? Evidently not!!!

August 21, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Reply
    • U.S.M.C. 1371

The only good thing about this sentence is chances are he will get shanked and never walk out. Just goes to show how America is becoming cowards.

August 22, 2013 at 5:20 am | Reply