Former CIA officer charged with revealing information to journalists
Former CIA officer John Kiriakou
April 5th, 2012

Former CIA officer charged with revealing information to journalists

By Carol Cratty

A former CIA officer was indicted Thursday for allegedly disclosing classified information to journalists and lying to a CIA review board about material in a book he wrote.

John Kiriakou, who worked for the CIA from 1990 to 2004, faces a maximum of 45 years in prison if convicted on all charges. The five-count indictment includes three charges under the Espionage Act, alleging Kirakou revealed national defense information to individuals not authorized to receive it –specifically, reporters.

No reporters were identified by name in the indictment.

One count charges that Kiriakou violated the Intelligence Identities Protection Act in 2008 by identifying a covert agent called Officer A in the indictment.

Kiriakou also allegedly told reporters the name and contact information of an analyst known as Officer B, who was involved in the 2002 operation to capture alleged al Qaeda terrorist Abu Zubaydah. Zubaydah is one of three detainees the CIA later admitted waterboarding during interrogations. A government report revealed the technique was used on Zubaydah 83 times.

A CIA review board examines all books and other writings by former or current CIA employees to make sure no classified information is revealed.

Kiriakou and a co-author wrote a book called "The Reluctant Spy: My Secret Life in the CIA's War on Terror." According to the indictment, Kiriakou lied when he submitted a draft of the manuscript to the agency in 2008 and claimed an investigative technique was fabricated.

The document quotes an e-mail Kiriakou sent to his co-author, who was not named in the indictment, which said in part, "I said some things were fictionalized when in fact they weren't. There's no way they're going to go through years of cable traffic to see if it's fictionalized, so we might get some things through."

The Justice Department said the charges resulted from an investigation into how pictures of U.S. employees and contractors ended up in the cells of high-value detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. According to the indictment, Kiriakou revealed information to a reporter who passed it on to an investigator for the defense team.

The Justice Department says the defense team then obtained surveillance photos of government employees. The photos were given to detainees to see if they could identify people involved or present at the time of their interrogations.

"There are no allegations of criminal activity by any members of the defense team for the Guantanamo Bay detainees," according to a Justice Department press release.

Kiriakou, 47, was initially charged in a criminal complaint in January. He remains free on bond and is scheduled to be arraigned on April 13. Neither he nor an attorney would comment when contacted by CNN.

Jesselyn Radack, national security and human rights director for the Government Accountability Project, has been monitoring the progress of the case against Kiriakou. "This is yet another pathetic attempt by the Obama Administration to try prosecuting non-spies under the Espionage Act," Radack told CNN.

She called the former officer a whistleblower who spoke out against waterboarding and said it was "outrageous" to use the Espionage Act against him.

1. blau.debra@gmail.com

I each time accustomed to read paragraph in information papers but now as I'm a user of internet As a result from now I'm using Internet for article content, thanks to Website.

April 14, 2021 at 9:53 am | Reply
  2. burnett.frieda@gmail.com

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this on to a buddy who were conducting slightly analysis on this. And he essentially purchased me breakfast on account of The point that I found it for him… lol. So let me to reword this…. Many thanks to the food!! But yeah, many thanks for shelling out some time to discuss this subject matter listed here on your website.

April 13, 2021 at 5:19 am | Reply
  3. gerald.petro@gmail.com

I truly like your site.. Excellent shades & theme. Did you produce this web site your self? Please reply back as I’m looking to generate my incredibly individual website and would like to master in which you acquired this from or what the theme is referred to as. Many thanks! learn more

April 13, 2021 at 4:28 am | Reply
  4. jane.loewenthal@gmail.com

It’s actually a nice and handy bit of details. I'm glad that you only shared this handy information and facts with us. Be sure to continue to be us up-to-date like this. Many thanks for sharing.

April 10, 2021 at 1:42 pm | Reply
  5. Nola Harbuck

Think back to your own most successful parcel of content. Now think of all the other approaches you can deliver this information. Would it work like a movie? As an Info Graphic? Just as a longer whitepaper or guide? To get a far more comprehensive series of shorter posts?

March 26, 2021 at 7:04 am | Reply
  6. Nolan Yuki

I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site :).

March 6, 2021 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  7. Efrain Sehrt

Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task.

March 4, 2021 at 10:00 am | Reply
  8. ClarkClurn

ex6sn rvlni n5bf

March 1, 2021 at 3:57 am | Reply
  9. vreyrolinomit

I am no longer positive where you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out much more or working out more. Thank you for magnificent information I was searching for this info for my mission.

February 26, 2021 at 8:37 am | Reply
  10. 1500 USA-Visitors-Daily

1,000,000 GSA Live Backlinks High Quality SEO links + Bad Links Removal: https://www.seoclerk.com/Link-Building/842081/1-000-000-GSA-Live-Backlinks-High-Quality-SEO-links-Bad-Links-Removal

February 16, 2021 at 9:46 pm | Reply
  11. Bestproxy

Just a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding design and style.

February 15, 2021 at 8:12 pm | Reply
  12. melva.euler@gmail.com

Hello

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: cnn.com ?

WE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS WITH:
    – 100% safe for your site
    – real visitors with unique IPs. No bots, proxies, or datacenters
    – visitors from Search Engine (by keyword)
    – visitors from Social Media Sites (referrals)
    – visitors from any country you want (USA/UK/CA/EU…)
    – very low bounce rate
    – very long visit duration
    – multiple pages visited
    – tractable in google analytics
    – custom URL tracking provided
    – boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> ventfara@mail.com

Thanks, Melva Euler

February 12, 2021 at 11:22 am | Reply
  13. brough.harry@yahoo.com

Hello

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: cnn.com ?

WE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS WITH:
    – 100% safe for your site
    – real visitors with unique IPs. No bots, proxies, or datacenters
    – visitors from Search Engine (by keyword)
    – visitors from Social Media Sites (referrals)
    – visitors from any country you want (USA/UK/CA/EU…)
    – very low bounce rate
    – very long visit duration
    – multiple pages visited
    – tractable in google analytics
    – custom URL tracking provided
    – boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> ventfara@mail.com

Thanks, Harry Brough

February 12, 2021 at 11:18 am | Reply
  14. lettie.odoherty10@gmail.com

Hello

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: cnn.com ?

WE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS WITH:
    – 100% safe for your site
    – real visitors with unique IPs. No bots, proxies, or datacenters
    – visitors from Search Engine (by keyword)
    – visitors from Social Media Sites (referrals)
    – visitors from any country you want (USA/UK/CA/EU…)
    – very low bounce rate
    – very long visit duration
    – multiple pages visited
    – tractable in google analytics
    – custom URL tracking provided
    – boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> ventfara@mail.com

Thanks, Lettie O'Doherty

February 9, 2021 at 8:27 pm | Reply
  15. https://dr-goz-peter-ugyved.business.site/

I was very happy to find this internet-site.I wanted to thanks to your time for this excellent read!! I positively having fun with every little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

February 9, 2021 at 4:25 am | Reply
  16. zortilo nrel

This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

February 7, 2021 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  17. Buy Instagram Likes

its superb as your other content : D, thankyou for putting up.

February 1, 2021 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  18. Tamala Degreenia

My computer freezes whenever i start a video call on IMs?

February 1, 2021 at 7:00 am | Reply
  19. Khadijah Buchann

I've found it a little difficult to find computer parts without having to buy whole computers and tearing them apart myself. . I want to start my own business using the computer parts, but where can I get the computer parts (the small parts)? I have tried my local recycle center and no success.. I'm on the verge of contacting an established computer craftsperson and cosigning to their business. . . Anyone with ideas or advice?.

February 1, 2021 at 6:59 am | Reply
  20. Marquis Koenitzer

January 28, 2021 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  21. Jeffry Cerrito

I am trying to get remote desktop connection going, for the computers in the same network.. The problem is, my computer (Windows 7) does not seem to register the other computers on the network.. . Can anybody point me in the direction that might solve this issue?. The other computers are xp, if that makes a difference.. The other computers are xp, if that makes a difference..

January 26, 2021 at 8:26 pm | Reply
  22. Heriberto Gaffigan

my sister and I want to start a blog page together?

January 21, 2021 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  23. Jimmie Adley

Content has become king, appears all the black hats are getting own from the white hat profit makers.

January 20, 2021 at 2:02 pm | Reply
  24. Colby Morr

Local Law 196 is a NYC DOB law that requires workers and supervisors at most NYC construction sites to obtain a SST card by completing specific courses through a NYC DOB approved training provider. Able Safety offers multiple packages to complete this training at great low prices. All our SST classes can be completed entirely online from any device (phone, tablet, pc/mac). The NYC DOB’s SST compliance deadline was originally set for September 1st 2020. The deadline has since been extended to March 1st 2021. By this date you will need the following to be allowed to work on most construction sites in NYC.

January 18, 2021 at 7:19 am | Reply
  25. Malcolm Keech

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

January 11, 2021 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  26. Fredricka Rodell

Magnificent site. A lot of useful info here. I am sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you for your effort!

January 10, 2021 at 11:19 pm | Reply
  27. Teddy Elmblad

Thanks for making me to achieve new ideas about computers. I also have the belief that one of the best ways to keep your notebook in leading condition is a hard plastic material case, or maybe shell, which fits over the top of the computer. A lot of these protective gear usually are model unique since they are manufactured to fit perfectly on the natural casing. You can buy them directly from the seller, or from third party sources if they are available for your laptop, however its not all laptop can have a spend on the market. Again, thanks for your suggestions.

January 7, 2021 at 9:04 am | Reply
  28. Lita Perloff

some truly interesting information, well written and loosely user genial.

Proxyti.com

January 1, 2021 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  29. Cristy Heslep

As I website owner I believe the articles here is really fantastic , thankyou for your efforts.

December 20, 2020 at 2:43 pm | Reply
  30. detectives privados fuente alama

detectives privados villaciosa de odon

December 12, 2020 at 1:20 am | Reply
  31. Merlene Carrio

We have been using Inland products lately. Work good for our crew. What do you prefer for concrete sealant?

December 8, 2020 at 10:37 am | Reply
  32. Packers and Movers in Holiday Camp

hello!,I like your writing so much! percentage we keep in touch extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to solve my problem. May be that is you! Looking ahead to peer you.

December 2, 2020 at 9:22 am | Reply
  33. Jack

Quick, someone compile all his appearances and figure out what he revealed.
    Also need to get a hold of his book before it gets redacted.

April 24, 2012 at 11:00 am | Reply
  34. Alex Povolotski

Question - can CIA or any other agency stop the publication of the revealed material already in the journalists' hands? Would it breach the freedom of speech practice? Are the orders to suppress any publications legal at all?

April 11, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
    • Jonathan Pollard zionist Spy and American Traitor

Stupid John Kiriakou! Let me tell you . . .spying pays only if you are a zionist spy, like me.

So what if the stupid u.s. government sentenced me to life in prison. Heck, I'm getting out next year because my master Big bibi has demanded my release and our boy, Obama is set to pardon me. I can't wait! I'll be getting lots of zionist pp and tit-tee since I like em both and in both ends. Yup, my prison love is going to miss me on my knees, but what the heck, when I get to israel when next year, I'll be rich . . . money bibi promised me when he visited me – he told me this . . . "don't worry Jon . . .our AIPAC spies will make sure our stupid American taxpayers will keep sending money to us and Obama promised us American money FOREVER, and I promise you'll get your cut."

Yipppeeeeee! Spying does pay . . . but only if you are a zionist spy. Stupid John Kiriakou . . .you should convert and must maybe . . . and I mean, maybe you can be a zionist, too!

ha-ha ha-ha . . . .soon I will be free getting pumped and pumping boys and girls . . . I mean zionist boys and girls.

Yippppeeeeee!

April 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Reply
  35. John

When you are trained in Interrogation you realize it is a useful tool when dealing with a weak person. Example; I think you belong to a candy corn organization. To which one do you directly belong...... after asking 100 times and you have video of the guy purchasing candy corn and killing soldiers with it you ask again. This time with a blind fold, a face covered in burlap and a bucket of water and honey, or kitchen grease or motor oil or urine or feces or soured hot dogs. Once dumped onto his face and he cant breath like a free man, most puke and choke on that too. Then decide they have felt more pain not anwering stupid Government questions they dont understand have legal remifications and they spill the beans. Why not? Your fighting for someone who doesn't have the guts to break you out of prison, or free you from interrogations or at least kill you. Your own side is weak and or doesn't care about you at all. You know, whats great about Anonymous. They can at least admit when they are being beat at their own game and they are smart enough to stop and pass the torch to someone else, as part of a plan. Detainee's, they are stupid. They harbor everything they learned fighting. They hold onto it like a badge of honor. Like killing a few men that were delivering food to a school was a great honor. Like killing someone working for peace was truly going to get the Pakistani Government on your side, (Benasire Bhuto). There is no business like show business as John Lennon says in "Free As a Bird", and the idea of torture is a great 10 minute notation on any reporters resume that is worth a shit. I'd say, the only reporter worth a damn is Jake Tapper.

April 11, 2012 at 5:02 am | Reply
  36. reality hater

he is the solution : Have a clause in the paperwork you sign when hired stating : no spooks can wright books about their government jobs , especially ones working on highly sensitive projects – this would help on two fronts No national secrets in print and no review board to pay........win win

April 10, 2012 at 7:35 am | Reply
    • reality hater

I must be sleeping.....I mean here is the solution : and write books – no edit button nice blog....

April 10, 2012 at 7:37 am | Reply
  37. Doug

"The Reluctant Spy"???? You joined the CIA and you didn't know you would be asked to gather intelligence?

April 10, 2012 at 6:17 am | Reply
  38. Cody

I don't really think whistle blowing is a defense... or else can I just say where someone in Witness Protection is to "blow the whistle" on their poor living conditions? Who gets to decide when it's whistle blowing and just plain treason.

April 9, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Reply
    • Michael J Newport

The federal government is deciding whether this man is a whistle blower or a traitor, and the government has no incentive to classify him as a whistle blower. If the feds try to submit secret evidence, or hold the trial in secret, you can be sure this man will cease being a citizen with constitutional rights. He will be a victim.

Maybe he is a traitor. If he is, the government needs to prove it in an open trial, where the facts are made available to the public.

April 10, 2012 at 3:26 am | Reply
    • swiyper

Pointless perspective ...... know what treason really means? Figure it out why there is a government.. Human law?? We need an Order civilized society... figure it out again dumb ass

April 10, 2012 at 5:43 am | Reply
  39. Jannani

This is just like movie.

April 8, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Reply
    • Bob

They will charge this guy, what about the guys that disclosed Valery Plame status, Chennie, Scooter Lybie, Armitage and all the others.. if it is illegal to do so, then Charge the others as well..

April 9, 2012 at 10:08 am | Reply
  40. KeninTexas

"Kiriakou revealed information to a reporter who passed it on to an investigator for the defense team." I would hope that they will prosecute these guys as well. After all, they passed along classified material to the enemy too.

April 8, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Reply
  41. KeninTexas

"Kiriakou revealed information to a reporter who passed it on to an investigator for the defense team." ,,,, I would hope that the government is also looking at prosecuting these guys too. After all, they also passed along classified information to the enemy.

April 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Reply
    • dt

Wouldn't a valid question be – Who is the enemy?

April 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Reply
  42. onestarman

Dick Cheney ordered Libby and Karl Rove to reveal Valerie Plame working as a COVERT CIA Operative – endangering her Contacts and other Agents with whom she worked Besides ending HER Career. The Federal Courts said it was OKey-Dokey for Cheney and Rove to do so ONLY Libby took the Fall.

April 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Reply
    • Demonhunter

You are a buffoon. Libby was not even charged with revealing Plame's identity. In fact, no one was charged with that because Plame was not covert, she drove to work in Langley every day. Thus it was not a crime. In addition to that, the person who revealed the connection of Plame and Wilson was Richard Armitage who was not charged with any crime.

Typical liberal, not a fact to your name.

April 9, 2012 at 12:23 am | Reply
      • Spelunker4Plato

Way to go, D-hunter. I was interested in what you had to say until you made your argument partisan.

April 9, 2012 at 3:21 am |
      • ZolaB

Just because someone drives to Langley each day does NOT mean they are not undercover or covert. This is a fact you need to realize.

April 9, 2012 at 5:56 am |
      • Bob

The Buffon calling other names..

What Chennie Armitage and Libby did was treason... Valery was a cover agent at one point and her contacts to this day are in danger!!!

April 9, 2012 at 10:16 am |
      • Aryn

Actually she was covert and many of her work is still classified. You can easily look her up on Wikipedia and probably several other sources and find hat out

April 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm |
  43. wb

quit protecting these liberal losers. they are traitors to this greta nation and they are the rot that works within this country to cause its destruction. time to round them up and do away with them. from the negroes to the muslims to the left wing professors, students, anyone who does not support this great nation. better yet, force them all into a uniform and let them take the risks that are young people already do. let's see if they don't believe in God when bullets fly around their heads and morter rounds drop close enough to give them concussions. kill of welfare. man the borders. kill all drug dealers when caught in the act. send the illegals home only after we use them on public works projects for a couple of years. even better, let's go after the left wing media. let's make june the kick a reporter's ass month. we could have a bounty on their asses. blacken their eye win 50 bucks. knock out his teeth get a new car. put him in the ground a lifetime supply of ammunition. round em up then f**k em up. let God sort them out.

April 7, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Reply
    • ker

i could suggest a few good shrinks, maybe some anger management programs, for you, get your blood pressure screened – you are a little too worked-up about things that are only going on in your head. too bad that i can't loan you some common sense and perspective, you really need it.

April 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Reply
      • Kris

Wow, couldn't have said it better. 🙂

April 7, 2012 at 7:04 pm |
    • Ned

and you use the word God, your a hypocrite, and an idiot your rants clearly prove your off or in need of medication

April 8, 2012 at 4:07 am | Reply
    • Wes Scott

Were you wearing your NAZI SS uniform or your KKK sheet when you wrote that dribble? It is people like you who are the worst of what America is about. On top of that, your writing proves you failed third grade English.

April 8, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Reply
    • dt

Perhaps, instead of watching Borne movies and pretending to be important and relevant, you could seek professional help and find out just how insignificant you are.

April 8, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Reply
    • Bob

I guess prozac doesn't work..!!

April 9, 2012 at 10:21 am | Reply
  44. bushcheney

Nice Attempt to squash free speech. Hey Bush Cheney administration did the same but they are still walking free. its only a crime when political not acceptable

April 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Reply
    • Ned

I agree with free speech, I think Cheney should have faced the same punishment for outing Valerie Plune, but this guy deserves to go to jail,you can't out CIA operatives without putting many lives at risk

April 8, 2012 at 4:10 am | Reply
      • dt

Let the act play out. If you believe that the obvious really is, then the professionals have done their jobs.

April 8, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
    • Demonhunter

More morons who don't have a clue to the facts.

Where do you liberals get your facts? Oh wait, you don't have any.

April 9, 2012 at 12:26 am | Reply
  45. the big ragu

Kiriakou should leave the USA and apply for political asylum in ... Russia, maybe ? The International Laws which prohibit War Crimes, and Torture, supersede any law of the USA ... not just morally, but literally as well. The USA is a signature to these treaties, and the Constitution states that treaties are the supreme law of the land.

April 7, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Reply
  46. yeah yeah

Kiriakou si a TRUE Patriot......if that word has any real meaning during these times.

April 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Reply
  47. BlueAlliance

CNN it never ceases to amaze me the kind of posts your moderators allow. Anything pro Obama usually doesn't make it = where is the fairness in that? You are no better than Fox, I'm changing to MSNBC for some common sense.

April 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Reply
    • NewsFlashBlue

Blue, don't do it! Haven't you heard that MSNBC is not a credible news source? Media Matters recommends talking points to the White House (Yes! The White House!) who in turn tasks MSNBC with dissemination with the intent to influence a target audience. MSNBC isn't journalism, it's brazen propaganda! They're the tool of Media Matters!

I didn't think you wanted to be a sucker gobbling down crap some ideologue concocted. A guy like you probably wants facts.

Good luck, man. Just trying to help.

April 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Reply
      • Joe

All news outlets are propaganda. We never truly know the truth of what is being told unless we were there. Even the local media is the same. They need to "create" stories or at least sensationalize them to a point of generating interest and reaction. I don't believe a word of what I read on any of these sites. It's more like entertainment.

April 9, 2012 at 1:04 am |
  48. Michael

When will people wake up to a realizationthat there is no morality in being born. No way to guarantee that a human off spring will not turn, much like a beloved well trained pet and bite the hand that pets and fed it. The truth is though, mans mind rationalizes, but that ability is only in addition to their animal beginings. Human sensuality is the primary charactaristic that seperates man from other animals.

April 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Reply
  49. michaelfury

"In his book “The One Percent Doctrine,” author Ron Suskind said Zubaydah was not the “high value detainee” the CIA had claimed. Rather, Zubaydah was a minor player in the al-Qaeda organization, handling travel for associates and their families, Suskind says.

Abu Zubaydah’s captors soon discovered that their prisoner was mentally ill and knew nothing about terrorist operations or impending plots. That realization was “echoed at the top of CIA and was, of course, briefed to the President and Vice President,” Suskind writes.

But Bush portrayed Zubaydah as “one of the top operatives plotting and planning death and destruction on the United States.

“And, so, the CIA used an alternative set of procedures” to get Zubaydah to talk, Bush said in the spring of 2002, after Zubaydah was captured.

Suskind writes that Zubaydah became one of the first prisoners in the wake of 9/11 to undergo some of the harshest interrogation methods at the hands of American intelligence officials.

Suskind says that, despite the fact that Bush was briefed by the CIA about Zubaydah’s low-level al-Qaeda status, the president did not want to “lose face” because he had stated his importance publicly.

“Bush was fixated on how to get Zubaydah to tell us the truth,” Suskind writes. Bush questioned one CIA briefer, “Do some of these harsh methods really work?”

Zubaydah was strapped to a waterboard and, fearing imminent death, he spoke about a wide range of plots against a number of US targets, such as shopping malls, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty. Yet, Suskind writes, the information Zubaydah had provided under duress was not credible.

Still, that did not stop “thousands of uniformed men and women [who] raced in a panic to each … target.” And so, Suskind writes, “the United States would torture a mentally disturbed man and then leap, screaming, at every word he uttered.”

April 6, 2012 at 7:51 am | Reply
    • Yakobi

I can make up equally fictionalized tripe, put it in a book and sell it as fact. That doesn't make it true, though.

April 6, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Reply
      • avrwebguy

Which part? The part where our CIA decided that national security warranted the use of inhuman acts of torture? Or the part where our president and his administration were fully aware of the CIA's actions, not to mention the indoctrination of our military at detention facilities overseas to use these and other inhuman forms of torture?

April 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
  50. ms1234

Sigh. While the whistleblower defense has merit, strong merit, still and all, you just dont reveal undercover operatives/officers to anyone. He could have blown the whistle without revealing identities/sensitive info. Ok, so he deserves punishment for that, but I have no qualms with using his story to highlight the problems with physical torture at Guantanamo. 83 waterboard tortures? Seriously? I only conclude after this all comes out over the years, that these big men in charge at CIA and Guantanamo simply LIKE to physically hurt others. It clearly does not work. Besides which, its ILLEGAL. Wow. Do they really think they get good info? Do our cops use this on suspects downtown at the county jail if its such an "ok" technique. The CIA and Guantanamo rulers are just using it as an excuse to take out their own frustration/anger. The lack of self-control is pathetic. The REALLY good officer gets his info and the suspect doesnt even know they revealed it. Its a courtship not a beatdown. Unless you just hate that mideastern dude and want to hurt him anyway. That is truly how it comes across to the public, and we do not respect the bigwigs for it. We're just too busy trying to pay for gasoline because Shell and BPO shareholders want a new yacht.

April 6, 2012 at 7:42 am | Reply
  51. Thomas

if he violated his NDAs, he must pay the penalty. no one forced him to sign the NDAs.

April 6, 2012 at 6:47 am | Reply
    • avrwebguy

Thomas: You do realize that part of the oath he took includes the phrase "...to uphold and defend the constitution..."?

April 6, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  52. See DOWNLOAD MP4/3GP VIDEOS FOR FREE PLEASE NOTE: U MUST BE 18

too bad for such information is nt to be release to the press

April 6, 2012 at 2:58 am | Reply
    • Stuart

cnn.com lets idiots post malware hosting links as their author names, so that site visitors can get infected after clicking the links from CNN's site? Wow.

Be smart people. Don't click on such links.

April 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Reply
  53. Catdog

So what? The vice president outed a covert CIA agent and the DOJ just laughed it off. I assume the law is a selective one.

April 5, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Reply
    • michaelfury

April 6, 2012 at 7:41 am | Reply
  54. Michael

So what? An example must be made every now and then so hang him and be done with it. He played the games to make money and tried to make more after he got out and he lost! Somebody took his place, same games new faces, and the end game is to keep the game going.

April 5, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Reply
  55. fio deus

Israel is a proven terrorist state, that has carried out aggressive actions against their own allies, not to mention innocent civillians.

White phosphorous... Bomblets in lebannon..

And AIPACS enormous influence in American politics.

That is the face of true terrorism.

DON'T SUPPORT PRO ZIONIST POLITICIANS!!

April 5, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Reply
    • Noel

Give the anti Israel crap a rest, moron.

April 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Reply
      • fio deus

Na, fukk off if the truth hurts.

April 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm |
    • concrete plunder

guy you have many post names and we have all seen your daily post against israel and jews , SO YOU SHOULD TAKE THE ADVICE OF NOEL WHO ALSO IS TELLING YOU TO GIVE IT A REST .

your a twisted kid who needs a girl friend , or a job cutting grass with an electric mower , perhaps we will be lucky and you will get a charge out of it , HINT the grass cuts best when it is not dry.

April 5, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Reply
      • fio deus

Illiciting a response is a propaganda victory.

I win.

Suck these nuts, and prove anything I said wrong.

I'm thankful that I have a grass cutting expert on hand..looser

April 6, 2012 at 3:22 am |