Memo scandal: Pakistan's ambassador in U.S. offering to resign
November 17th, 2011

Memo scandal: Pakistan's ambassador in U.S. offering to resign

Pakistan's ambassador to the United States has offered to resign amid alleged links to a secret offer to Washington by Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari to cut down the powers of the country's military leadership, our Reza Sayah and journalist Nasir Habib report from Islamabad.

"I serve at the pleasure of the president of Pakistan and the prime minister," Ambassador Husain Haqqani told CNN Wednesday.

"I have communicated my willingness to resign or participate in any inquiry that brings an end to the vilification against the democratic government of Pakistan currently being undertaken by some elements in the country."

Haqqani's resignation offer follows swirling media reports that Zardari asked Washington in May to help him hold on to power because he feared a military coup after the U.S. raid on Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

READ the whole story here

Post by:
Filed under: Military • Pakistan
  1. storno brzinol

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thx again

May 15, 2021 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  2. Maxwell Difronzo

You have brought up a very good points, regards for the post.

March 25, 2021 at 7:47 am | Reply
  3. Europa-Road Kft.

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

February 9, 2021 at 4:14 am | Reply
  4. froleprotrem

Great goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous website.

February 6, 2021 at 9:30 pm | Reply
  5. Fawad S.

We just found out that Prime ministers son is involved in corruption, we want someone who will be honest in leadership, who will provide justice to all and crush nepotism. we want rule of law and elimination of all terrorists from our soil and we want some one whose honest. the leaders of Pakistan today are corrupt and nepotistic to their bones. it's not democracy, it's Mafia rule, if one goes the opposition comes in and it's all the same again. They both know that and are comfortable with this arrangement. America, it's not the people that hate u, ita your policies of blind support for these blood suckers that makes people hate u. Ordinary Pakistanis are starving while there is a circus show going on among these oppurtunist

November 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  6. ranger 830

Haqqani is in fear for his life im affraid,and rightfully so im sure! Its only a matter of time before Pakistan implodes!

November 17, 2011 at 11:52 am | Reply