July 6th, 2011

Officials: Terrorists' renewed interest in bombs in bodies

Terrorists intent on striking commercial aircraft have shown renewed interest in surgically implanting explosives or explosive components in humans to conduct attacks, a U.S. security official tells CNN.

The idea of implanting bombs has been discussed in the past, but the United States has obtained fresh intelligence about the desire of terrorists, and there is new intelligence about a possible technique that could be used, according to the official, who declined to elaborate.

Last week, U.S. officials briefed airlines and U.S. allies overseas about new intelligence, a Transportation Security Administration spokesman said.

The Department of Homeland Security and the TSA recently notified them that "recent intelligence" indicates "the continued interest of terrorists to target aviation," said the spokesman, Nicholas Kimball.

"Terrorist groups have repeatedly and publicly indicated interest in pursuing ways to further conceal explosives" because of advances in aviation security, he said.

"As a precaution, passengers flying from international locations to U.S. destinations may notice additional security measures in place. These measures are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same activity at every international airport," Kimball said.

Measures may include interaction with passengers, in addition to the use of other screening methods such as pat-downs and the use of enhanced tools and technologies, he said.

Full-body scanners, or what the TSA calls "Advanced Imaging Technology," cannot detect items inserted in bodies. But the machines can help screeners detect alterations to body contours, which can be a clue that someone may be concealing a bomb.

The TSA also notes that AIT is just one of many layers in security that include intelligence, canines, and behavior detection officers, all of whom could contribute to catching a person concealing a weapon or bomb.

1. sky777

Make sure that you do all operate though, my partner and
    i.e. send him your link text, and ask his.
    Pr helps a person converge traffic towards goal.
    Is the page included with your business concern?

June 25, 2021 at 12:44 am | Reply
  2. xe88-app.com

I just like the valuable info you supply in your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and take a look at once more right here regularly.
    I'm slightly sure I will be informed plenty of new stuff
    proper here! Good luck for the next!

My blog :: akaun test sky777 (xe88-app.com)

June 19, 2021 at 5:53 pm | Reply
  3. Sky777 casino

You do not need pertaining to being physically present at a given casino for playing the pokies game online.

You can be in your most comfortable pajamas when you wanted if you want to.
    All you have to do is put a coin in handy.

June 15, 2021 at 9:32 am | Reply
  4. https://sg918kiss.com/sky777/

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I think that you ought to write more on this subject matter, it may not be a
    taboo subject but typically people don't discuss these subjects.
    To the next! All the best!!

Look at my blog ... download sky777 (https://sg918kiss.com/sky777/)

June 11, 2021 at 8:03 am | Reply
  5. Sky777 Download

Appreciation to my father who shared with me about
    this webpage, this blog is really awesome.

my site :: Sky777 Download

June 11, 2021 at 6:25 am | Reply
  6. sky casino malaysia

The key is to advertise your business effectively.

If you are a newbie, you may possibly not have any idea where to
    think about. Then set about writing articles based on those people.

June 2, 2021 at 10:56 am | Reply
  7. sky casino online

Excellent way of explaining, and pleasant article to
    obtain facts on the topic of my presentation subject, which
    i am going to present in university.

May 29, 2021 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  8. sky777 download pc

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your
    weblog and in accession capital to claim that I get
    actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and
    even I success you get entry to persistently quickly.

Take a look at my site :: sky777 download pc

May 29, 2021 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  9. Felix

Great blog right here! Also your website loads up very fast!

What host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate link
    in your host? I desire my web site loaded up as quickly as
    yours lol

May 25, 2021 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  10. simmer's sky 777

Hello, There's no doubt that your site may be having
    web browser compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine
    however when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues.
    I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from that,
    wonderful blog!

May 21, 2021 at 3:32 am | Reply
  11. check it out

Fantastic goods from you, man. I've take into account your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent.

I really like what you've acquired right here, really
    like what you are stating and the best way through which you
    are saying it. You're making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible.
    I can not wait to learn far more from you. That is really a wonderful site.

May 20, 2021 at 10:13 am | Reply
  12. sky777 test

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around
    on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo
    News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!

May 19, 2021 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  13. sky777 agent

Recently, I was browsing Google for my keyword results to
    see how some of my articles were doing. When know basic HTML, then can implement these treatments.

May 19, 2021 at 7:55 am | Reply
  14. Vannessa Capizzi

The first thing to do before you look into any metal detector is to get your hands on some advice. You can either visit a shop or you can check online, looking at different metal detectors and checking out what they have to offer.

May 9, 2021 at 3:06 am | Reply
  15. sky777 casino

We am not aware of the full affect individuals prayers.
    You need to determine how the going to trade online. The point from the parable is
    don't stop praying and asking.

Here is my blog; sky777 casino

April 14, 2021 at 8:56 am | Reply
  16. Sunshine Vukcevic

Hi! I've been reading your website for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good work!

January 27, 2021 at 6:16 pm | Reply
  17. Jose Yanchik

I really like your writing style, wonderful information, regards for posting : D.

January 2, 2021 at 12:06 pm | Reply
  18. Lou Kalchik

All these factors need to be taken into account when you are trying to decide who makes the best metal detector for you. So whether you are looking at a portable or stationary one, or if you are looking into a professional model, make sure that you are aware of the features available so that you can choose the one that will suit you and your needs the best.

December 29, 2020 at 7:00 am | Reply
  19. Janae Loia

Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!

November 27, 2020 at 5:59 pm | Reply
  20. C. Cantu

Muslim clerics (ayatollahs, muftis, ullemas, mullahs, imans, sheiks, etc) supported by Isalmic monarchies and leaders are responsible for the violence, hatred, terrorism, resentment and discrimination around the world. There is not one single Muslim cleric who had stood up in front of the Kaaba in Mecca denouncing all the atrocities committed by Islam. They all are colluded with their satanic faith to impose their distorted Islamic morality. Thanks to Islam, Muslim monarchs -as opposed to European monarchs- have absolute power, they can appropriate for themselves their countries natural resources (oil) and wealth, these Anti-Christ disciples have harems with hundreds of concubines and the worst sexual aberrations. In addition, they can free or incarcerate anyone without questioning and always have the last word on any kind of decision. No wonder they must spread and impose Islam in their countries and eventually around the world otherwise they risk losing all their privileg

July 14, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  21. Shane

Being interested in something and being able to do it are two different worlds. Bodies reject most foreign objects, let alone those _filled with explosive chemicals_. Maybe if they spent more time overcoming their 90% illiteracy rate and less time lashing out with bombs against everyone they now feel jealous of/wronged by, this Frankenstein Bomb plan wouldn't be their best thought on how to improve their lot in life.

July 13, 2011 at 3:00 am | Reply
  22. ram

Ghee whiz; I just read that Al Q is on the run and the new defence secretary allegedly said in other words that we can win the war now.. This does not make sense to me..if they are in caves, on the run being marginalized and being kept at bay in the Gulf, how much time do they have to experiment on these new device-hiding techniques which involves surgery. This, I think is taking the Buzz a bit too far.
    Yes man, be very afraid so we can scare you into supporting us to move from Afghan and Iraq to Iran!
    This may be the reason for planting the Cia chief in charge...he will be the news anchor to make the withdrawal sound like a victorious victory, a magnanimous defeat for al q etc with trumpets blowing and drones flying and the citizen will believe him since he is from the Cia and one might think that he knows a little more info than the soldiers do. Yes world, look out for the biggest Hollywood box office exit in the future...then on to you know where.

July 9, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  23. Bolt

Offer them peace, one last time. if they decline, then turn them in to a sheet glass. Perhaps if reason prevails the moderate population will influence the radical element, otherwise there is always option 2. Harsh, perhaps cruel, but there religion of peace is predicated on the elimination of all others. I do not wish to have my right infringed uopn any further. No more harassment, the sleeping giant is beginning to wake. (Please look up the reference before commenting if you do not know what I am talking about). What would B Franklin think of our behavior?

July 9, 2011 at 4:18 am | Reply
    • Bolt

*their, and *rights ( I abhore typos)

July 9, 2011 at 4:20 am | Reply
      • Bolt

*abhor

July 9, 2011 at 4:28 am |
  24. anthony

Maybe they should just shove the bomb up there butt, they sound sick enough to enjoy that.

July 8, 2011 at 11:18 am | Reply
  25. Barry

Steve O:

Please see below, which I left off of my previous post to you.

–Barry

Isaiah 11:6
    The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Isaiah 65:25
    The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

---

And Jesus said: Love one another.

July 8, 2011 at 10:38 am | Reply
  26. Barry

Dear Steve O:

I’m well aware of the biblical passages dealing with warfare, violence and holy war. These issues take place in the context of a confrontation between monotheism and polytheism; and, polytheism was and is the result of human greed, arrogance and evil.

A careful examination of these biblical texts will show that it is not God’s will that violence occurs. (Violence and anxiety are two of the central features of polytheism, which is also known as idolatry.)

Note: When Adam and Eve transgressed the Lord’s command, for the first time ever they were afraid and hid from God, who had been their close and intimate friend, until this point. Note that God is said to have walked with Adam and Even in the Garden of Eden, in the cool of the evening.

The opening two chapter of the Bible (Genesis 1-2) show that God made a world that was good, until humans corrupted creation, by their violence, injustice and inhumanity towards each other (Gen. chs. 3-11).

The message of salvation begins in the twelfth chapter of Genesis, where God intervenes in history through Abraham, in order to save the world form their acts of violence and destruction.

When the Bible says: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth, it is not prescribing such actions. To the contrary it is saying that if you cannot find it in your heart to forgive, and if you must retaliate, at least make sure that your response is commensurate with the offense. This was given to set a limit and to prevent violence from escalating and spiraling out of control, as it often does.

Finally the holy war depicted in the Bible presents the inevitable clash between two opposing forces: monotheism and polytheism (or idolatry).

To suggest that the Bible endorses violence or supports holy war shows a lack of understanding of the Bible and the message it contains.

–Barry

July 8, 2011 at 10:33 am | Reply
  27. Carl

Yet another example disproving the popular notion that terrorism is a product of poverty. Think also that a physician with years of schooling and advanced training, who in this country would take an oath to heal and do no harm, is the instrument behind creating these human bombs. These are people with every advantage who choose a path of abject evil and immorality instead of using their talents and privileged position for good – a modern-day Nazi Dr. Mengele, except with willing subjects.

July 8, 2011 at 9:36 am | Reply
  28. James

Didn't they already do this in Iraq or Afghanistan or Pakistan as a way to get a bomb close to a high ranking official?

July 8, 2011 at 9:00 am | Reply
  29. killallah

I f these allah loving scumbags cant figure out how to set off a shoe bomb, do we really need to fear their surgical capabilities?

July 8, 2011 at 6:19 am | Reply
  30. DiamondSky

Terrorists need Biblical doctrines such as existence of holy and loving God, the God-given human dignity and freedom, prohibit of suicide, loving enemies, and treating everyone equal that made pagan Europeans civil and fixed the Western Civilization into true greatness over all.

July 7, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Reply
  31. USofnuts

This is ridiculous. Lets better our technology to scan for such things not rub people down. Don't they see that this can be yet another decoy to make sure that these bombs get on the plane. Ex: a woman doesn't want a "pat down" or other invasive security procedure to take place because she feels violated, or its against her religion etc. They can very easily get on the plane. Lets not focus on the next cell phone revolution, we have the capacity to scan for this. And in the meantime get rid of the people who do this. We got one, lets keep it moving.

July 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Reply
    • George

Technology is already sufficient. I have a friend who has a single stent in an artery, as a result of a blockage. The stent is the size of the spring in a ballpoint pen. It sets off the metal detector at every airport around. He has special paperwork to let TSA know about it. Any bomb would have to have at least that minimal amount of metal in it. They just need a full x-ray machine at the airport for special cases where they need to look deeper than skin level.

July 8, 2011 at 12:12 am | Reply
  32. denim

Mulled bombs? I've heard of mulled cider, but not mulled bombs.

July 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  33. Hawkeye1010

Al Qaeda is sending operatives onto planes and telling them to chug 64 ounces of diet Pepsi after consuming 50 packets of Pop Rocks.

July 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Reply
    • George

Baked beans, bourbon and ginger ale have the same effect.

July 8, 2011 at 12:21 am | Reply
  34. Muhammad Saifullah Khalid

This is the most disgusting thing that could ever be done on this planet. I wish people having such thoughts my not get another second to live.

July 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Reply
  35. J-Pap

Logic Class Ladies and Gentlemen.

If they can't see a bomb in your body how can they see a bunch of balloons filled with heroin? Seems like they find those smugglers enough.

July 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  36. Chris

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. This is just giving TSA more power to touch people in places nobody wants to be touched. Stop denying the obvious people. This is becoming a police state.

July 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Reply
    • Hawkeye1010

Shut up.

July 7, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Reply
    • massbytes

Same to you Hawkeye, Chris is right. Great intelligent reply you have there. Troll

July 7, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Reply
    • andy

glad someone here can see what this really means.

July 8, 2011 at 11:10 am | Reply
  37. James

O.K., now how much is this going to add to the cost of a airline ticket or my taxes? Seems like every time we get the jitters about a bomb making it on board, we have to have more massive machines and technologies to counteract it. When will it end? I don't think I am going to ever fly again. This is getting ridiculous. Face it, if a human mind can figure out how to counteract a situation, another human mind will figure out how to eventually beat it. It's not a matter of if it will happen, but when.

July 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Reply
  38. Charles Bowen

Ah yes ! I've heard that their newly designed Rectal Rocket is deadly. Gotta give it to those Rag Heads they sure are creative.... Bless the babies and pass the ammo! Charles Bowen Solomon Stone

July 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Reply
  39. Barry

This just goes to show how evil and depraved humans can become. Of course humans are also capable of doing great acts of goodness, and this shouldn’t be obscured by the vile schemes mentioned in the article.

I pray that those of you who are committed to the hatred of your neighbors and to committing murder and harm to your brothers and sisters will change your evil ways. I also pray that you will stop committing unjust acts towards those who bear no responsibility for your problems, and that you seek solutions to your problems, which are just and consistent with our better natures.

Would it be right to blame all males, just because you feel or have been taught that one male caused you to suffer?

Would it be right to cause innocent people to suffer, because you believe that someone from their hemisphere of the worlds has offended you?

Remember the old adage: “Do not say that the parents have eaten bitter grapes and therefore the children’s teeth are set on edge.”

(In other words, don’t blame others for your misfortune, or claim that you are suffering for what others have done, including your ancestors; take responsibility for your own actions and plight and do what you can to fix your problems in a mature, just and godly way.)

July 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Reply
    • Zodnick

God bless you for trying but I don't think "they" are listening.

July 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Reply
    • Client09

might want to do a little research...........humans have always been like this.........

July 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Reply
      • Barry

I’ve done quite a bit of reading and research regarding these matters and am quite aware that humans have all too often succumbed to their lower nature, from the beginning. Unfortunately history shows us that this has been the rule, rather than the exception.

Isn’t this one of the messages of the book of Genesis (see: chs. 3—11), and the rest of the Bible (e.g., Romans 1:18-f.)?

July 8, 2011 at 10:07 am |
  40. steeve-o

The problem with the idea of smuggling explosives inside a body, is that the body's fat and tissue will cushion much of the explosion. You can't cram enough explosives up your butt or down your throat to take a plane out of the sky, and if you have it surgically embedded, your body coud react with it, killing you before you're detonated. Think of soldiers that have jumped on grenades, saving their nearby buddies. It'd have to be a big bomb in your body to damage the plane you're in.

July 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Reply
    • gary

yes but a soldier diving on a grenade also has two layers of body armor on plus his body to absorb the blast... Just my two cents

July 8, 2011 at 7:52 am | Reply
  41. Aubrie

Okay,.,, so I have a LapBand. I have a scar, and if you run your hand over my stomach you can feel the medi-port through my skin. So now what? I'm not allowed to fly? I get strip searched? I get harassed? I'm arrested on suspicion of terrorism? I'm detained until my physician can be contacted to verify? Just what exactly happens now????

July 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Reply
    • steeve-o

Perhaps you could get a note from your doctor stating exactly what it is you have, and surrender that information at the security screening desk, and you should be fine. Trying to sneak through unnoticed, or putting up a stink when they ask to further examine you, will only prolong your screening.

July 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Reply
  42. Anchorite

For crying out loud! Just because science fiction can imagine it doesn't mean it's possible. In fact if you are focused on terrorist cyborgs, you are a bad security professional and leaving us less safe. Remember when they took away the right to bring water on the plane because someone thought you could make a binary explosive out of sports drink? Well it's five years later, we still can't have our water back, but nobody has figured out how to make sugar water into a bomb.

July 7, 2011 at 11:27 am | Reply
    • No Fly Zone

... exploding boobs!

July 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Reply
    • m_soot

Actually, people did make bombs out of chemicals they placed into a water bottles. When mixed, the chemicals become highly explosive. I dont understand why people are so up in arms about travel security. I'd prefer not to have bombs on my plane. If you dont like the security, please feel free to drive to your destination.

July 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Reply
      • David

I'll try that next time I have a trip to Hawaii. Thanks!

July 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
      • David

...driving , I meant, obviously NOT the other stuff!

July 11, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  43. dontbother

america has the technology to develope screening devices that can see bombs anywhere without invading the privacy of the more insicure passengers. But instead we all complain and moan about the little things that bother us. so would you still be happy they let everyone keep their privacy when your life is affected by a plane bom? And do people even check these posts? cuz mr akbads coments seem a little "anti-american" dont you think. dont blame the puppets blame the hands that move the strings.

July 7, 2011 at 9:19 am | Reply
  44. FU

Oh relax, it's just TSA spreading rumors again to validate their existence...

July 7, 2011 at 5:36 am | Reply
    • Phil, Ohio

I agree!
      Its 'scare tactics', nothing more!
      Plus wouldn't the X-ray machines and the metal detectors pick up a bomb, they seem to pick-up other medical metal implants.

I do miss travel, but in a way, I'm glad I don't have to go through all this BS just to get to another destination!

July 7, 2011 at 11:16 am | Reply
  45. Ammo

You know out of all the people the TSA has touched, body scanned and humiliated... how many bombs have we found? like zero? or maybe even zero... no wait, my friend says.. zero..

July 7, 2011 at 5:14 am | Reply
  46. Roelof

Lets close our borders for non-western countries. Help muslims back to their countries and culture. They should love it there. Violence is part of their believe system. "We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. (3:151)
    - I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their tongue"

Why should the west have to live with that. They should get the f*ck out of our countries and learn to live with their own kind. Not bring that culture to us.

July 6, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Reply
    • Camino69

Having served in three mid-eastern areas now while in the AF, I have noticed that most of these people are not crazy-bomb wearing terrorists that hate freedom and just want to destroy crap. They are stuck in a system of oppression and fear keeps them there. And as for the last part of your comment, our great country is great because of all the cultures that comprise it; and according to another story I just read on this website, the US is becoming the melting pot it once was. Hope you can learn to speak spanish, you might need it to get a job in the near future! Gracias a todos por su tiempo.

July 7, 2011 at 1:16 am | Reply
      • tlanta61

Thanks for your reply to this guy. I used to live in Middle East and Africa too, and I agree 100% with your comment.

July 7, 2011 at 2:16 am |
    • Xugos

You're an idiot.

July 7, 2011 at 1:16 am | Reply
    • Johnny

The 911 commission report indicated the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the number one cause for terrorism in America. It would be better if Israel and its attack dog, the US, eliminated the Palestinian families from their land quickly and permanently, to remove the reason for terror against the US.

July 7, 2011 at 1:49 am | Reply
    • Akbar

non of you idiot american wonder "why" why some one hate you so much to do something like that?

it not your so called "they hate our freedom" you keep on thinkin that and keep on being judge jury and executioners around. killing inocent women children old people alike, do you have no shame their lives are worth nothing to you bastards.
      your so called
      Freedom is a joke.

get the hell out of the other countries stop playing world police

Stop supporting tyrants

live within you borders

Bring peace and prosparity to your own people

ALL this will stop

July 7, 2011 at 3:08 am | Reply
      • T

For all of you're infomation you have not wisdom..

your so called
        Freedom is a joke.

get the hell out of the other countries stop playing world police

Stop supporting tyrants

live within you borders

Bring peace and prosparity to your own people

ALL this will stop

Okay for one.. we dont like killing children.. tell that too your nutter bomber friends who use women an children as shields an when we send in our drones you cry foul.. its not our fault if you allow you're children to be around that type of company.. and civilian casulties are regretable.. an tradgic.. and we dont want them to happen.. but this is War..
        Our freedom may be a joke to you ragheads.. but id rather live in America then any other country.. we play World Police.. becuase you're country allows nutters to gain power an then they commit mass genoicde and you cry for us to help you, we will remain within our boarders as soon as you stop electing nut jobs an terrorists as you're country leaders.. stop harboring terrorists and hand them over an we will leave.. only then you will get peace for you're own people.. American will not faulter.. will not stop.. and will not give up.. we will hunt those terrorists until they are wiped off the map..

July 7, 2011 at 4:24 am |
      • Human

Very well said.

Jews media is feeding these yanks, they are the real Zombies, i am sure they will wake up but i will be too late then.

July 7, 2011 at 8:45 am |
      • Barry

Akbar,

Please read my post above.

Your brother, Barry

July 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
    • steeve-o

Would you like someone to quote some of the violent passages in the bible for you?

July 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Reply
      • Barry

July 8, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  47. Dreamer96

I don't see the big news here, drug smugglers have been swallowing little ballons of heroin and other drugs for decades, what is the difference between that, and someone swallowing C4... Come on don't tell me they never thought of it.

July 6, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Reply
    • gunther

You must not read the news much, they grasp every stupid story anyone can come up with it and call it news these days. Lets face it, there is no end to what these insurgents will do to blow themselves up.

And to those of you that say its because WE are in YOUR country. Is that really a reason to kill as many ppl as possible. You kill women and children all the time, so dont try to throw that on us, you use ur own ppl and lie to them about the rewards they will reap after death.....

July 7, 2011 at 4:54 am | Reply
    • Anchorite

Thinking it up and doing it are two different things. Remember when we imagined the Soviets had nuclear suitcase sized bombs? Whatever happened to those? They didn't exist, is what happened.

July 7, 2011 at 11:30 am | Reply
  48. Richie

At least it is not the whether this week CNN.

Can you get out ahead of the reality of the 30,000 people that will die from gun crime, about the same amount from car accident, and a little more because of medical mistakes and figure out why this "potential" threat put this nation under concealed military rule far more powerful and perverted than overt rule?

July 6, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Reply
    • Anchorite

Yeah but if you take away suicides it was only about 12,000, so that's just 4 times the death toll from 9/11, or the equivalent of 40 fully loaded airliners worth of people. Look it's worth it to do 4 9/11's to ourselves every year so I can carry a giant pistol in my truck glove box and feel like I'm a big man or shoot endangered species on weekends so they don't eat my cows.

July 7, 2011 at 11:38 am | Reply
  49. Dooooo

"Your papers please."
    – Yes of course Mr. Stasi, I mean Mr. SS, I mean Mr. TSA. Here are my papers and here is your stool sample.

July 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Reply
    • hawaiiduude

does this include the northern irish terrorists?

July 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Reply
      • up1652

Hopefully these are only the small violent sects of islam the apologists keep making excuses for.

July 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
    • Random

Ha ha. Now you have to live like the Germans of WW2 that your people made fun of.

July 7, 2011 at 5:39 am | Reply
    • George

I think you have a grammatical error here: should that word be "papers" or "poopers"?

July 8, 2011 at 12:27 am | Reply
  50. Tina-Marie

Sorry folks, I don't agree with the idea this is all "propagnda" to scare us. I fly constantly for my job, and I for one have NO PROBLEM with the search. We have too many people hiding behind their words, downing this, screamiing "foul" for that. The government is trying to do their best, but it seems like no matter what they do at the airport, someone has to gripe about it. Here is a simple sentence for those of you who endlessly complain about the TSA and security:
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T FLY. I eyeball everyone who looks WRONG, and as an american, I would have no problem pummeling someone on an airplane that threatened my security. I applaud our security people for doing their jobs. They have to deal with us daily, and I get sick and tired of the morons who fly and "forget" the rules. Give me a break already, and stay out of the airport if you don't like it.

July 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Reply
    • Anchorite

Well I'm sorry if you don't mind, but you still can't give away other peoples' rights to things. I don't want some pervert air marshal looking at X-ray naked pics of my children or my wife or pulling a gun because they get spooked when they see a pin in someone's leg bone. This country is less safe because of paranoia like this. Terrorism is caused not by lack of security but because we constantly bombard people with propaganda about how Muslims will stop at nothing to kill us in ingenious ways, clearing the way of public dissent so we can go kill them in ingenious ways to steal their oil. Stop that and you wouldn't even need metal detectors in airports anymore, I guarantee it.

July 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Reply
      • binladen

with propaganda about how Muslims will stop at nothing to kill us in ingenious ways.....

it was a muslim who killed muslims by having a bomb placed up his rectum, muslims blow up fellow muslims in mosques , they used children to carry out suicide attacks.
        we have a muslim problem , terrorisim is just another word for it

July 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm |
    • ChelsBrooks

I COMPLETELY agree. It's ironic because the same people that are saying that this is a "joke" or "pointless hysteria" are going to be the same people that when something really does happen they'll be pointing their fingers at our government saying "They didn't do enough." If people don't agree with the precautions that are being taken . . . don't travel . . . or drive . . . or take a train . . .

July 7, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Reply
  51. SconnieGuz

What a bunch of BS.....Cnn, quit with your nonsense...F these terrorists, they're nothing but a bunch of women-beating, goat-humping, religious cowards. The next time they pull ANYTHING off they will feel hellfire on Earth like nobody has ever seen.

July 6, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  52. jeff ashton

Dear terrorists, Clearwater Florida is the most vital city with regard to national security. Please, whatever you do, don't send an interal bomber to target that city. America would never recover. Sincerely, Jeff Ashton & Linda Drane Burdick

July 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Reply
  53. nleaps

This is the best thing that any security can do at this age. If you don't want to get xrayed or patted down, don't fly on air planes. It is not like they can see any private parts..

July 6, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  54. Ted Ward

Oh, boy! Now the TSA will to MRI everyone before boarding. Pre-flight exploratory surgery any(every)one? It's time to close all salafist madrassas thank you very much. Are the Sauds listening!!!???

July 6, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Reply
  55. rightospeak

What B.S. Please stop terrorising us. Fear is what Bush used , but the media did not stop. Fear and more fear. When does it stop ? When the dollar collapses ? People have enough to worry about with the Depression, no jobs, inflation, poverty, losing homes and the corrupt politicians. Start scaring and terrorising them , CNN , they deserve it.

July 6, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Reply
  56. AW

This doesn't pass the common sense test. Why would they go to all that trouble. They can walk a conventional "suicide" bomber right up to the security line without being checked at all. On a busy travel day, this could kill almost as many people as taking down a plane and would have very nearly the same effect on people's willingness to fly. I'm not a big "government is trying to scare you" person, but this does smack of TSA trying to justify their utterly ineffectual oversight of airline security.

July 6, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Reply
  57. Richie

CNN is only authorized to alarm the public based on what will never effect it not the fact that we are now living in what is literally concealed military rule with a lethal pile of sit orbiting over us.

Saddam will blame you for anything that happens...ok... because state TV truly has more respect for its citizens and is more knowledgeable about the economy.

July 6, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Reply
    • kman02

So, you think CNN "created" the story? Come on, man.

July 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Reply
  58. pod

they need to have a little room to the side of where pat downs occur where if someone is found w/ something like this they are shot on site. brutal i know, but what's it gonna take to send a strong message?

July 6, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Reply
    • pod

and it needs to be see through so everyone understands what will happen

July 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Reply
    • kman02

Right. Send a strong message that you will die if we catch you. They PLAN of blowing themselves up if they are not caught. Think before posting. 72 virgins await these idiots either way. Your "stong message" won't get past idol Allah.

July 6, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Reply
    • Fig1024

Right, this would just serve to terrorize the public, make people feel like they are living the Nazi Germany. Not to mention the false positives that would occur – since you are asking for execution on the spot without time to properly check things.

July 6, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Reply
  59. Mindcrime

Hey geniuses, the Taliban/Al-Queda have been doing this for YEARS in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Or maybe you need a grunt to tell you that? They've been loading up 8 year old girls with explosives and dumping them on the sides of the road for years, and you're just now catching onto the atrocities?

The only reason I regret serving this country is because I've seen the depravity of human beings, and even worse, the stupidity. This article is proof that our government truly has no idea what's going on.

July 6, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Reply
    • joe

Hey Idiot, maybe you should learn to read, it sayss "RENEWED INTEREST". Its not like this is the first they are hearing about it. In response to enhanced airport security, they are pushing for this more than before. Learn 2 read!

July 6, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Reply
    • durrrr

Hey spaz. You're telling us that Taliban/Al-Queda have been surgically implanting explosives in 8 yr olds for YEARS in Iraq/Afghanistan to get them through security screening? Yeah, you're right; the rest of us must be real idiots to have missed that one. Were you there for the surgeries and could you just tell by the way the bodies exploded?

July 6, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  60. KC

Seriously? What a joke. This is the kind of pointless hysteria that wastes tax dollars and causes fear in the ignorant. We forget that the purpose of terrorism is to TERRORIZE, i.e. to create the perception of fear through the media. And as long as America remains frightned and spending money on invasive and heavy handed security measures it is America that is losing. All that terrorists really have is the ability to wield fear and hope that America reacts badly to it (Say by invading Iraq for example). I only hope that in the coming decade Americans come to realize that terrorism just isn't a major threat to their everyday levels and we scale back to a reasonable level of public security. The average American needs to wake up and realize that the threats to his safety come from the car he drives, the products he buys and the food we consumes, not from men hiding in caves in distant countries. Smoking killed 443,000 Americans last year , how many did terrorists kill?

July 6, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Reply
  61. john

This is a load of BS. Looks like our wonderful TSA and Homeland in-Security is trying to recover from
    an embarrassing PR nightmare with that poor old woman in wheelchair.

July 6, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Reply
    • Chris

If you have a problem don't fly.

July 6, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Reply
  62. Davef

Another reason to banthemosque.com Islam is dangerous, and when terrorists are willing to go to any length to kill others, this is what you get. I agree we need to ban all mosques in the US, and take the lead in fighting terror right here at home. I saw the banthemosque.com site, and agree 100 percent

July 6, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Reply
    • BeReasonable

And ban the sale of all fertilizer and gasoline, ban all militias. Remember Timothy McVeigh?

July 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Reply
    • Seriously....

You're blaming an entire religion, for the actions of a minority? I could do the same and state you're the reason that the rest of the world views us Americans as egotistical war-mongers.

It's not Islam that's at fault, it's those who seek to manipulate Islam to validate their own goals, and those individuals ability to convey their twisted message to those who wish to hear it.

July 6, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Reply
      • binladen

You're blaming an entire religion, for the actions of a minority?

July 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
      • binladen

It's not Islam that's at fault,

your retarded,

July 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
      • Jkoppel

Let's say for the sake of the discussion there are ten million radical Muslims intent on killing Americans for no reason than they are Americans. That's a pretty large number.

There are somewhere between 1.6 and 1.7Billion (that's right...Billino) Muslims the world over. Why exactly isn't the Muslim community doing anything about this?

There's a reason the world blames Islam. Islam chooses to sit on the sidelines while the radicals kill people.

If the Muslim world is so concerned with injustice and the poverty in the Muslim nations, why don't they write a check?

July 11, 2011 at 9:16 am |
    • Chris

Idiot, have you ever read the old testament. ALL Abrahamic religions are EVIL.

July 6, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Reply
      • Barry

Chris,

I have read and studied both the Old Testament (the word is actually covenant, not testament), as well as the New Testament (or covenant), and your statement shows that you are either unfamiliar with the texts of the Old Testament, or you don’t misunderstand the message completely.

Consider the following Old Testament passages, which shows the theme and message of the Scripture.

Isaiah 2:4
        The Lord will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

Genesis 12:1-3
        “The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

July 8, 2011 at 12:22 pm |
  63. Chris

South Park called this years ago. Google "snuke".

July 6, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  64. James

Get ready for the body cavity search. Bend over...

July 6, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Reply
    • HIBOY00

Gladly

July 6, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Reply
    • Redeye Dog

Already part of the original TSA policy and people have already been poked. Just doesn't make it into the news because at that point, you're behind closed doors in your birthday suit.

Basically, if they see something and can't find it through a pat down, they administer another more thorough pat down. Better hope they find it after that second pat down because your about to learn what losing your privacy really feels like.

July 6, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Reply
    • kman02

A scanner is already in place that would detect such a device, but Americans have such a hangup with the image it creates that they cry "invasion of privacy". In Texas, our homophobic idiots in Austin want to make it a crime for a TSA agent to pat search a passenger because they might touch his privates. Funny, these same radical right-wingers are the same ones watching porn and touching themselves after the lights go out.

July 6, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Reply
      • Fig1024

so it's radical not to want strangers touching your privates in public? what's our modern society coming to..

July 6, 2011 at 8:35 pm |