Verdict in Manning trial to be revealed Tuesday
July 29th, 2013

Verdict in Manning trial to be revealed Tuesday

By CNN Staff

After spending three years in custody, the man accused of the largest leak of classified information in U.S. history will learn Tuesday whether he has been found guilty of aiding the enemy.

A verdict from the judge in the court-martial of Pfc. Bradley Manning will be announced at 1 p.m. ET Tuesday, according to a spokeswoman for the military district of Washington.

If found guilty on the aiding the enemy charge, Manning could be sentenced to life in prison. He has pleaded guilty to nearly a dozen lesser charges that carry a sentence of up to 20 years behind bars.

Whether Manning is a whistle-blower or a traitor who betrayed his country has been hotly debated.

Authorities have accused Manning of delivering three-quarters of million pages of classified documents and videos to the secret-sharing site WikiLeaks - which has never confirmed the soldier was the source of its information. The material covered numerous aspects of U.S. military strategy in Iraq, gave what some called a ground view of events in the Afghanistan war and revealed the inner workings of U.S. State Department diplomacy in leaked cables.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Bradley Manning • WikiLeaks
  1. George patton

WOW manning is so cute I want him when they let him out. He can have a sleep over with me any time.

July 30, 2013 at 11:39 am | Reply
    • George patton

Good trolling, Phunnie boy. How much does the M.I.C., the Tea Partiers or the right-wing politicians pay you to do this? They sure know how to put words in your mouth!!!

July 30, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Reply
  2. George patton

Heay Pfunnie boy I like boy's come to my house some time we can play hide the snake. love patton.

July 30, 2013 at 11:37 am | Reply
  3. m&m

Well he made his bed, Hope he likes black and white tv if he can have one because that's going to be his friend.

July 29, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Reply
  4. Alan Edmunds

Leaking classified information is a big no-no. I represent cases of security clearance all the time. http://www.securityclearancedenial.com

July 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Reply
  5. Ricardo

He will get 20 years in a military prison, forfeiture of all pay and benefits, and a dishonorable discharge from the United States Army.

July 29, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Reply
    • George patton

I'm afraid that you're right, Ricardo. Like JFK once said, life is not fair! Just look at those filthy pigs in our military who abuse their female counterparts and get away with it! This is enough to make a billy goat want to puke!!!

July 29, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Reply
      • George patton

hey phunnie boy, that terrorist wannabe Nidal Hasan made my billy goat puke too.

July 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm |
  6. Random

This kid is an open and closed case. There is really no debate this is a traitor. Lock him up and throw away the key or put him down. There is actual legitimate debate over snowden. Complicated greatly by his choices of where to go immediately after doing what he did. Although it is inevitable people will die from it given enough time, there was a legit situation to call him a whistle blower. Not sure I would want to be the guy to judge his case.

July 29, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Reply
    • Quinton

If I were the President, Random, I'd pardon this young man the very minute those goons convict him. Unfortunately, Barack Obama works for the all powerful M.I.C. in Washington and does whatever they tell him to do just as George W. Bush did. We need a man like Theodore Roosevelt who'll stand up to special interest groups like this. Unless we get one, this country will be on a downward slope.

July 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Reply
  7. George patton

he has betrayed his country, case closed. Take him away.

July 29, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Reply
  8. George patton

If I know the injustice system as I'm afraid I do, Pfc. Bradley Manning will be found guilty as sin and get the book thrown at him. On the other hand, those pigs in our military who abuse their female counterparts, will receive no more than a slap on the wrist in the majority of their cases. This is why I call it the injustice system!

July 29, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Reply
    • George patton

Sorry folks, I never posted the above. Some lawbreakers loving, terrorist sympathising phunnie boy is trying to make me look him, jerk.

July 29, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Reply
      • Portland tony

He's gonna guilty ok. He told the world what the state department' consular employees dobmost of the time. Collect social gossip, stamp it secret and let it sit unused on the data files after some low level government official has a good laugh.

July 29, 2013 at 4:34 pm |
      • George patton

Good grief Pfunnie boy, you must really like men who abuse women. Do you also like child molesters? I hope not!!! If you do, please don't post that under my name, please!

July 29, 2013 at 5:38 pm |