January 25th, 2013

Yemen: No. 2 al Qaeda leader in Arabian Peninsula killed

By Michael Martinez, CNN

The second-in-command of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula was killed in a recent counter-terrorism operation, the Yemeni government confirmed Thursday.

Abu Sufyan al-Azdi, also known as Saeed al-Shahri, died after being wounded in the governorate of Saadah on November 28, said the Supreme National Security Committee of Yemen. He was also one of the most wanted men in Saudi Arabia.

Al-Azdi was buried by militants linked to al Qaeda at an undisclosed location inside Yemen, the government said in a statement.

The confirmation comes a day after a prominent jihadist announced that al-Azdi died "after a long journey in fighting the Zio-Crusader campaign."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • AQAP • Yemen
  1. Hahahahahah

Go for 3 – 1,000,000 next!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahhaha

January 25, 2013 at 9:17 am | Reply
  2. George Patton

Another field day for the right-wing thugs in Washington. Now I guess that Phunnie boy is going to troll me and spew his right-wing Tea Party manure under my name to praise the gruesome murder, too! I thought that I'd get my two cents in first!

January 25, 2013 at 8:59 am | Reply
    • Kerry

I fully agree, George. Those creeps who killed this man with those cursed drones need to be indicted and brought to justice. Unfortunately, that won't happen since the people running the I.C.C. have no moral principles and nor any sense of justice, either!

January 25, 2013 at 9:11 am | Reply
      • John Geheran

How so very true that is, Kerry! Thank you.

January 25, 2013 at 9:36 am |
    • ogre12

you are an idiot

January 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Reply
  3. Bibi Your Master

One funky towel head gone and a billion more to come who are in our sights.

heeeee heeeee heeeeee (evil laugh)

January 25, 2013 at 8:13 am | Reply