Marine Corps to spouse clubs: Allow same-sex members or you can't operate on base
Ashley Broadway, left, and her wife, Lt. Col. Heather Mack.
January 10th, 2013

It apparently takes more than a few good men, according to the U.S. Marine Corps. It takes all kinds of people to support military families, including same-sex spouses of service members.

CNN published a story this week about a woman married to a female lieutenant colonel at Fort Bragg who believes she was rejected from an officers' spouse club because she's gay.  Less than a day later, Maj. Gen. Vaughn Ary advised Marine Corps legal staff such clubs conducting business on its bases must admit same-same spouses. If they do not, the clubs will be barred from meeting on any Marine Corps installation. Read the full story

Post by:
Filed under: Army • Marines
  1. Outsourced IT Dallas

LG Networks is a fair and ethical employer and business partner. Feel free to read our Corporate Ethics Policy, to which each of our IT consultants pledges to uphold.

September 1, 2014 at 4:23 am | Reply
  2. Outsourced IT Dallas

LG Networks provides budget-friendly Computer Support and Managed IT Services for companies throughout Dallas, Garland and Plano area.

August 10, 2014 at 12:55 am | Reply
  3. Outsourced IT Services Dallas

This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks

August 7, 2014 at 10:37 am | Reply
  4. Outsourced IT Services Dallas

July 12, 2014 at 6:28 am | Reply
  5. nightclubs montreal

I find it very interesting your blog and especially this article :)

May 17, 2013 at 10:55 am | Reply
  6. GeorgeW

Okay -another try at ANYTHING other than concentrating on fixing this economy. Taxing the "rich" isn't going to do it, even at a 200% tax. This topic is just another DIVERSION to get america divided and not watching the next $35Billion increase in China trade deficit this next month or the several thousand more jobs being outsourced, or gathering information on the hundreds of thousands of jobs outsourced that our graduating college seniors should be taking, as the IRS continues to allow those expenses for outsourcing to be tax deductible, shirking US payroll taxes, local, state, and federal income tax as well.

Its also really interesting how this hits the media, just as the gun ban talks run out of gasoline. Why are we wasting our time on any of these laws that are trying to "fix" something that isn't broken. It's our ECONOMY that is broken, largely due to corporations given tax breaks and being allowed to deduct expenses of outsourcing jobs. It's our ECONOMY that is broken, largely due to corporations given billions of tax dollars in federal contracts and being allowed to deduct expenses of outsourcing jobs. Its about having unfair trade policies with China and no protection to the US economy, while the US treasury prints another wheelbarrow of money to buy bread with. Good diversion folks !!!!

January 24, 2013 at 2:35 am | Reply
  7. Jocho Johnson

I'm sure the gays will be drinking lots of Bailey's to celebrate

January 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Reply
  8. g.r.r.

Good for the corp.
    If the wife can serve overseas and put her life on the line, then the other wife should have access to the same privileges.

January 11, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Reply
    • JosephS

You realize this does nothing for these women right? Fort Bragg is an Army installation and her military "spouse" is an Army LTC – not a marine nor a Marine installation. The marines are only saying this to prevent a similar situation within their own organization.

January 11, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  9. Ann

Why do you want to join the "spouse" club? Most of all they do is gossip about other spouses. Find something else productive to do with your time. Seriously.

January 11, 2013 at 1:40 am | Reply
  10. israel rules you

stay stupid and gaye . . . it is how we israeli love our slaves.

January 10, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Reply
    • Dallas

I'm sure God will show you his gratefulness pretty soon too!

January 11, 2013 at 8:02 am | Reply
  11. israel rules you

cnn-sorship decides what you post here.

January 10, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Reply
    • me

Freedom- Its for everybody in the United States knucklehead, and a troll like yourself should be censored,as for the censorship it really just prevents extremely foul language. Now if it worked against morons, then you wouldn't even get a word posted. Towel headed sheep lover. Now back in your cave and await the next drone, remember look up. Tool

January 10, 2013 at 8:01 pm | Reply
      • israel rules you

why do you want me back in my cave? Are you waiting there for me? Whacha gonna do? Are you going to try to drill my butt? Oh come on my israeli brother . . . . you know you like drilling butts. Freedom is what we israeli decide it is.

Okay . . . I'll go in the cave with you ME, but only if I do the drilling this time. Last time when you had John Travalta, you did all the driliing. Yeah . . . .we all know ME is a butt driller and loves to to give head.

Me is a israeli butt driller.

January 11, 2013 at 6:17 am |