What is the future of the Obama-Netanyahu relationship?
President Barack Obama talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the Oval Office May 18, 2009.
November 23rd, 2012

What is the future of the Obama-Netanyahu relationship?

By Jamie Crawford

Amid the flurry of diplomatic congratulations over the maneuvering that led to a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas this week, the dual readouts of the roles played by President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu contained some interesting language.

A written statement detailing the telephone conversation between the two after an agreement was reached included the usual language of maintaining the U.S. commitment to Israeli security. But the White House also said that Obama "commended the prime minister for agreeing to the Egyptian cease-fire proposal – which the president recommended the prime minister to do."

Netanyahu's office released a statement that said he had "acceded" to Obama's recommendation to sign the deal and thanked the president for his support of Israel during the operation.

After a few years worth of headlines bemoaning the frosty relationship between the two, could a detente of sorts be in the offing? If so, would it give Obama additional leverage with Netanyahu as they move forward on even more complex problems like the Iranian nuclear crisis and the elusive search for peace between Israelis and Palestinians?

The answers are not so simple.

Netanyahu's relations with Obama emerge as hot political topic in Israel

"What you are seeing playing out now I think is an effort on the part of the president to put some currency back into the bank with regard to his relationship with Netanyahu," says Aaron David Miller, a long time U.S. negotiator on Middle East policy who is now with the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

For Miller, Obama "made a virtue out of necessity" by repeatedly stressing Israel's right to self defense, and pushing every party involved to find a quick solution.

"Netanyahu and Obama have in my view one of the most dysfunctional relationships of any Israeli prime minister and American president," Miller says. "In large part because there is an absence of trust and confidence between the two."

Despite getting off to a rocky start with Netanyahu by pushing for a comprehensive freeze of Israeli settlements, Obama's vocal support for Netanyahu through the recent crisis and U.S. financial support for the "Iron Dome" anti-missile program, could pave the road for greater trust in the relationship, and more flexibility from Netanyahu when it comes to the disputed Iranian nuclear program.

"I think what it does is position [Obama] in a much better place to begin if there are opportunities to move forward," Miller said. "It creates an opportunity for him to ask Netanyahu to do some things in a much more credible way than he ever could in the past."

But will it give Obama greater leverage over Netanyahu on how the two countries approach Iran's nuclear program?

"I wouldn't say it increases leverage," said Robert Satloff, Executive Director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. What it does, Satloff said, is send a message to Iran and the region that the United States will stand by Israel in times of crisis.

No shortage of pressing issues for Obama's next term

More importantly, the very public support from the United States for Israel from the beginning of the Gaza crisis was necessary, analysts said, to avoid the optic of U.S. indifference for an important ally in a time of need.

"That was very good and positive I think in terms of impact on the Iran situation," Satloff says. Otherwise "it would have underscored a breach, the breach would have gotten broader, and it would have increased the likelihood of Israeli unilateral action on Iran at some point in the future."

Long time Middle East watchers said the strong support from the Obama administration will do more to set the tone of the relationship going forward, rather than giving one country the upper hand over the other.

"The fact that we are able to talk about security issues and reach desired outcomes together is positive," says Jon Alterman, who is with the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington. "Our ability to make agreements and advance Israeli security lays the groundwork for future agreements on Israeli security. Good relationships make it easier to work together, but I don't think one side feels you owe me because I did this for you."

Regardless of how Obama and Netanyahu move forward together on the Iranian nuclear issue, the Israeli electorate could also have a say on how that approach unfolds with Israeli elections set for January 22.

Netanyahu "is going to make a judgment whether his interests are advanced or set back by a good relationship with Obama or a bad relationship with Obama," Alterman said. "Whether he is re-elected, what type of government emerges from that, what hind of mandate he feels he has - that's all unknown."

Fact Check: Did Obama say he wants 'daylight' between U.S., Israel?

Post by:
Filed under: Iran • Israel • Israel-Gaza 2012 • Obama
  1. diet for kidney failure

Aw, this was a really nice post. Within idea I'd like to put in writing similar to this additionally galbxdfynh taking time and actual work to make a great article… but exactly what do I say… I procrastinate a large amount and by no means apparently get something done.
    diet for kidney failure http://inkd.com/member/sidewalk6qhdemonic/929671

August 18, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Reply
  2. JRobert

The U.S. will support Israel and Israel will support the U.S., there will be bumps in the road but they need each other, period. Radical Islam is a huge threat to both countries and this can not be ignored. You can't, in reality, negotiate with these fanatics, war with them is in the future for Israel and the U.S. will back them.

November 26, 2012 at 9:39 am | Reply
  3. ddpp

What is the future of the Obama-Netanyahu relationship? lo mismo.

November 25, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  4. paco

"It's" has no apostrophe when it is possessive, as in this case (that is your "American Exceptionalism" showing!). Hopefully, Israel will learn some day that it cannot continue to decry terrorists and remind us constantly of the Holocaust while it continues its own holocaust against Palestinians and even non-Jewish Israelis.

November 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  5. Paco

Ever see a country cave so much to the powerful Jewish lobby like the US? I would end all aid to Israel until it at least stops building settlements on contested land. Israel is not serious at negotiating. It is essentially saying: "We can share this pizza and we will decide how to share it while I eat it and you watch me".

November 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  6. Araminta Ross

The situation is so dysfunctional between President Netanyahu and the sell-out president occuying the White House goes way back...even further than the removal of Israel from his official Dem. platform statement...which might I say caused a considerable brew-ha-ha for Wasserman-Schwartz down there in Carolina....OH SALA ME O!!!!

November 24, 2012 at 10:57 am | Reply
  7. Lord Toronaga

Who cares any more what happens to Israel & Palestine ? Although I'm not all that fond of the Muslim Brotherhood maniacs that shoot their daughters in the face for going to school.

November 24, 2012 at 10:52 am | Reply
  8. Akmed the Dead Terrorist

Silence! I keel you!

November 24, 2012 at 10:12 am | Reply
    • me

Dead

I don't know who let you near a keyboard, just turn around and go back to your big red ball. That's a good boy, remember don't you take off your name tag. The short bus will be by soon, look there's a bird.

November 24, 2012 at 11:30 am | Reply
  9. ___________

Global socialism is the only way to go. End corporate greed. End the domination of the rich. Distribute the wealth for the common good of all people.

That's the only way to world peace.

November 24, 2012 at 10:06 am | Reply
    • Mike

and the incentive to progress our society comes from where?

November 24, 2012 at 11:17 am | Reply
    • jonny

well it worked so well in communist countries didnt it, talk to anyone who has lived the dream as you lay it out, they hated it.

November 24, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Reply
  10. Amal

The jews have been falsely made the world to believe (for thousands of years) that they are chosen people by God. By doing so, they have successfully made the world to (kind of) fear about them that God is on their side and do not mess with them.
    I agree there is a God out there; but he is not a supporter of any side. It would be a total discrimination from God, if he chose to support some people and (help them) destruct others (like the idle worshipers mentioned in the bible). If you are a father who has 5 children, you'll treat all of the 5 equally and you'll never discriminate one son against another son. You may have a soft corner for a particular son for he is obedient to you. However, most fathers will strongly be on the side of a son/daughter who is in trouble/sick. A father will never encourage one son to go attack another son and support the attacker. Even if the manly father in the world behaves that way; a God would absolutely be far better than men. The day is not too far that people will realize the truth and stop supporting the jews, the so called chosen people.

November 24, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
    • The Federalist

Fool.

November 24, 2012 at 10:06 am | Reply
      • Amal

Moran.

November 24, 2012 at 10:21 am |
    • Timothy

There is a world of difference between Jewish and Arab contributions to Western civilization. You need to take your head out of your anus before you post here.

November 24, 2012 at 10:43 am | Reply
      • Amal

I indeed took your head out of my anus before posting this.

November 24, 2012 at 10:57 am |
      • Amal

Also, no where in my post, I said that I am a supporter of Arabs. Moran like you who is born for a pig don't even understand that.

November 24, 2012 at 11:03 am |
    • Mike

There is no god.

November 24, 2012 at 11:19 am | Reply
  11. su

Eze 37:15 The word of Jehovah came again unto me, saying,
    Eze 37:16 And thou, son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions:
    Eze 37:17 and join them for thee one to another into one stick, that they may become one in thy hand.
    Eze 37:18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not show us what thou meanest by these?
    Eze 37:19 say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his companions; and I will put them with it, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in my hand.
    Eze 37:20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thy hand before their eyes.
    Eze 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
    Eze 37:22 and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all;

November 24, 2012 at 9:30 am | Reply
    • jayakumar

Duh..??

November 24, 2012 at 9:33 am | Reply
    • Mir

I thought that King came and left... you must have missed the boat!

November 24, 2012 at 9:50 am | Reply
  12. su

1234567

November 24, 2012 at 9:29 am | Reply
    • ___________

True. But on the other hand, 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15.

Have you considered that?

November 24, 2012 at 10:08 am | Reply
      • Amal

I prefer 16,17,18,19,20. LOL.

November 24, 2012 at 10:28 am |
  13. Charlotte

Obama needs to be careful not to get too cozy with that thug. There is still no exceuse for any of the Israeli illegal settlements and continuing to steal more of the Palestinian land just because the Palestinians dare to kill a small fraction of the people that Israel does.

November 24, 2012 at 8:53 am | Reply
    • Me

Charlotte

I'm no fan of the Israeli leadership as they intentionally escalate things for political reasons only, Mr. Netanyaho has done it more than once and before him was the pig Sharon. As a country though, to lose any citizens to terror is something that has to be dealt with and I support their right to do so, I do agree with you on the settlement issue. There is no consideration for the Palestinian people, I don't think their representative body will change though. If they want progress and real support from the outside world then have to get rid of the killers representing them.

November 24, 2012 at 9:29 am | Reply
    • StanCalif

Obama is the first American President to stand up to Israel! Hooray for him! Netanyahu is a big problem and a big nuscence. We cannot get going on rebuilding America as long as Netanyahu keeps preventing this! Netanyahu's big plan to trick America into invading Iran is just laughable! But too many in our Congress are under Israel's control! Congress should be tried for treason!!!
      Netanyahu just lost to Hamas!!! Yes, he lost. Just like America lost in Viet Nam. Today, Viet Nam is peaceful and a trading partner with the US. Bombs don't bring peace. Netanyahu continues playing the same old game that hasn't worked and never will work.

November 24, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Reply
  14. jorge washinsen

Somebody should have asked Obama's father why they hate Jews.I doubt either side could answer the question sensibly.

November 24, 2012 at 8:53 am | Reply
    • Amal

November 24, 2012 at 9:51 am | Reply
    • you

Jorge Washinsen

You have proof of this accusation you've just slandered your President with, or are you like the nazi's of WW11 and point and say he's a jew or she's a jew, because it sounds like your one of them. People in glass houses Jorge.

November 24, 2012 at 10:17 am | Reply
  15. jorge washinsen

It is not my problem now. I did not help put Obama back to continue his destruction of our country.I was not raised to think that there was a possibility I could not survive in this world in spite of its problems which are,mostly man made.

November 24, 2012 at 8:51 am | Reply
    • jakku

Take a break. man and go back to listening to Rush LImbaugh and hannity. You have no place in intellectual discussions like this.

November 24, 2012 at 9:34 am | Reply
      • ___________

Intellectual discussions? Among liberals?

BWaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!

November 24, 2012 at 10:11 am |
  16. jorge washinsen

Rodney King asked the right question."why can't we just get a long"?

November 24, 2012 at 8:48 am | Reply
    • ___________

No! And stop asking that stupid question!

I hate you!

November 24, 2012 at 10:09 am | Reply
    • Lord Toronaga

Rodney King ?? The drug addict ?? The criminal ?? The dangerous DWI psychopath ?? The dead Vicodin guy ??
      Ehhhh....NO.

November 24, 2012 at 10:49 am | Reply
  17. jorge washinsen

First they came for the mayor and I did nothing.Then they came for my neighbor and I did nothing.They came for my brother,it was not my fight.Then they came for me.

November 24, 2012 at 8:46 am | Reply
    • Akmed the Dead Terrorist

I keel you!

November 24, 2012 at 10:13 am | Reply
  18. jorge washinsen

I wonder why anyone would think that two different thinking people would agree,after all---–

November 24, 2012 at 8:43 am | Reply
  19. Jerry

As long as Israeli officials refrain from kissing OBamboozler's ROYAL BUTT, HE will continue to lie and disrespect Israel and its people. As some of HIS little OBamboozlers are prone to say; enough said!

November 24, 2012 at 8:31 am | Reply
    • Paco

Netanyahu decided to get himself involved in the US elections by meeting with Romney and his imperial entourage and displaying preference for him. At least with Obama we have a semblance of evenhandedness in Middle East diplomacy instead of a US government which in general is a puppet to the powerful, wealthy Jewish lobby in the US.

November 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  20. here2witness

Israel needs to be careful, America is shaking hands with SATAN -

November 24, 2012 at 8:31 am | Reply
  21. greg

" Despite getting off to a rocky start with Netanyahu by pushing for a comprehensive freeze of Israeli settlements"

Twisting reality once again, Netanyahpo slapped Obama in the face first by invading Gaza Dec 2008 before Obama was even sworn in. Then before each summit with The President, Israel announces new settlement construction.

Who disrespected who first here???

November 24, 2012 at 5:53 am | Reply
    • DT

The only country that lost in this election is Isreal. All the rest got exactly what they wanted, a weak and feeble president who is leading this country into a dependency like a junky on drugs. So many people are dependent on free stuff now that this country will become one big handout society.

November 24, 2012 at 6:55 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

As a matter of fact it was Obama who disrespected Netanyahu first by farting during Netanyahu's election.

November 24, 2012 at 7:09 am | Reply
    • Sean

I thought I've immigrated to the United States of America, and not Israel nor Palestine? I pay taxes to IRAS, worked hard so that my children can enjoy freedom and STOP MEDDLING WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS! If not, I will ask for my TAX BACK!

November 24, 2012 at 7:24 am | Reply
      • Thinker23

Go ahead, ask for your tax back, Sean... If you're not satisfied by the results feel free to go back to the place you came from .

November 24, 2012 at 8:07 am |
  22. Phanatic

Someone has to tell the truth. Can I have one year of my long life where I don't have to be blasted by the hatred from these goofy old traditions? The people who wrote the "holy" books wouldn't have sent their kids/friends/neighbors to die over their virtues. Pathetic.. There is only one word that truly truly encompasses the history and spread of "organized" religion. That word is WAR. Sorry to be offensive; the smoke from your fairy tales is getting in my eyes. I'm tired of Jewish/Christian/Muslim media. I'm tired of trolling NGO zealot idiots; tired of people trying to explain how peaceful their warring tribes are; tired of my family and friends dying for totally baseless stories that barely resemble their original intent. It's a bunch of garbage. The whole thing is a lie. It has been.

November 24, 2012 at 5:37 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

The answer is NO. You can not get a year without being "blasted" etc. You CAN, however, get PERMANENT peace by committing suicide.

November 24, 2012 at 7:10 am | Reply
  23. AOK

What a fatuous article. This kind of 'stars in your eyes' writing is not reportage nor is it even close to what is real. Go to http://www.jpost.com and read the latest article by Caroline Glick and you'll see just how ridiculous this piece is.

November 24, 2012 at 5:34 am | Reply
  24. TechnoRealism.com

nice post

November 24, 2012 at 5:09 am | Reply
  25. coffeebean02

Who proof-reads this stuff anyway?

November 24, 2012 at 4:50 am | Reply
  26. Phanatic

Throw the fairy tales away and move on into the real world. Do you seriously believe these 700, 2100, 3000 year old stories? Shame on you and I feel sorry for your children. No wonder you're broke, you still kill each other over the stories the bankers and warlords invented to control you and your resources. It's almost like watching a sporting event, team 700 year old blows up team 3000 ....except neither team wins, team 2100 sneaks in to grab all the trophies, resources, etc. I'll be even more honest. You look like cave men/women. Tell me one more time how great your god/prophet/smurf/fairy tale is and again....I will look at you the same way as when my 2 year old wants to know if Mickey Mouse is real. Actually, just go ahead and kill yourselves off already, there has to be better stuff to watch on the news. C'mon now, you people don't really think someone came back from the dead, do you? Seriously...someone ascended to heaven?!? This is the worst forum I've ever seen. Bunch of zealots talking crazy about Narnia. Good luck on that and watch out for those incoming rockets...

November 24, 2012 at 4:07 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

Were you talking to someone in particular?

November 24, 2012 at 7:12 am | Reply
  27. GaggedinUSA

no touching each other.

November 24, 2012 at 3:17 am | Reply
    • Shaun

Once people decide to start reading they will come to the realization and understanding that there is no Palestine. Time and time again I see posts re: give Palestine, do your research people with respect to Israel and the Jews, which pre-dates the bible.

At the moment we have one side (Israel) requesting peace, in exchange for no rockets being fired into Israel. On the other you have EVERY Arab country including Iran saying there will be no peace until Israel and every Jew is wiped off the map. Really?!?

BTW, my mother was born in Iran and has been an American citizen for the last 50 years. While under the Shah conditions were much better for Christians, but the issues that she along with my aunts and uncles (who fled from Russia) were due to the mindset of the (MAJORITY) Muslims. Mind you, this was 50+ years ago!

The Arabs in Gaza are the same Arabs that were dancing in the middle of the street when the towers fell, and thousands of CIVILIANS perished. What these people will settle for is nothing short of cannibalism. When push comes to shove, Israel should not tolerate it.

November 24, 2012 at 3:52 am | Reply
  28. Ambrose

this what I am talking about give a hand even if some closed minded. people don't like it. Some times people. do have to be left alone with their own devices,but when it comes to a nation being hurt by crazy people u can't turn a blind eye. with great power comes great responsibility.

November 24, 2012 at 2:35 am | Reply
  29. bribarian

I'm not sure an apartheid regime and America have much in common, why again does America pay the bills for this country?

November 24, 2012 at 1:38 am | Reply
    • ONONOZOZO

The key word: "TRUST". Netanyahu is the person to know much much better than most of deaf & blinded American: Do not trust the present US commander-in-chief.

November 24, 2012 at 2:01 am | Reply
      • bribarian

I'm not even an Obama fan , but I'd probably trust him over satanyahoo

November 24, 2012 at 2:22 am |
      • StanCalif

The words "trust" and "Netanyahu" should never be used in the same paragraph!
        Netanyahu has no Israeli "roots", his roots are in Russia! Perhaps this explains his behaviour.
        Obama has been very wise to not trust this Russian! No one can "trust" him!

November 24, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • GaggedinUSA

our bought off aipac owned congress mostly. controlling our kids, money, and weapons.

November 24, 2012 at 3:18 am | Reply
      • Thinker23

Didi it happen to you WHY the Jew-haters did not create a much more powerful lobby than the AIPAC despite the almost unlimited amount of petrodollars in their disposal?

November 24, 2012 at 7:19 am |
    • DT

Obama has got America paying everyones bills. Look around you and you will see more than half this country is feeding off the government. This country is dying and will never be what it once was. A proud self reliant society of believers and doers. Now it is a country of handouts and what can I get for free and what is in it for me. Our forefathers fought for nothing as Obama has destroyed what it took so lon to active.

November 24, 2012 at 6:59 am | Reply
      • Persimmon

You..'ve been watching too much Fox News. I don't know a single person who takes handouts. And my husband and I both worked all our lives, face it there are a lot of people who are seriously disadvantaged. It is the ethically correct thing to help them

November 24, 2012 at 7:45 am |
      • StanCalif

Remember a guy named George W. Bush? A fool of a president that sold America down the river! His dear friend, Dick Cheney, was (and is) even worse!
        Remember the "Tea Party"? Hard working, middle class Americans all riled up by the idiot Sarah Palin? Sold down the river by Grover and Cantor! (Cantor is a BIG JEW). Where was the Tea Party in this last election? Totally missing! Never any mention in the "news". Of course not, they were all forgotten by their beloved "rich peoples" party!

November 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
  30. LondonPete

For those of you painting the Palestinians as the only terrorists, you might want to look up the case of Eliyahu Bet-Zuri. He murdered a British minister in a terrorist outrage, the more so because at the time both the UK and US were engaged in a war against Nazi Germany. Ancient history? No. As part of the settlement on the 6 day war, Eliyahu Bet-Zuri's body was exhumed from Egypt where he had been found guilty and hanged and flown to Israel. This murdering terrorist (imagine how you would feel if the Israeli's assassinated say Hilary Clinton) was given full military honours and his body to this day rest on Mount Herzl, where they remember their 'honoured dead'. This is a foul affront to we British and all people who truly oppose all forms of terrorism, Palestinian and Israeli.

November 24, 2012 at 1:26 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

No one ever claimed that the Palestinians, the Arabs in general or even the Muslims were the ONLY terrorists. No one ever claimed that ALL Palestinians, ALL Arabs in general or even ALL Muslims were terrorists... and no one ever claimed that ALL Jews were angels.

November 24, 2012 at 7:26 am | Reply
  31. Bob

I thought what they meant romantic relationship, if so, the United States would be french kissing Israel.

November 24, 2012 at 1:23 am | Reply
    • GaggedinUSA

stop. the imagery on that is appauling.

November 24, 2012 at 3:19 am | Reply
      • GaggedinUSA

appalling rather.

November 24, 2012 at 3:20 am |
  32. Cassarit

The one good thing Obama has done so far is stand up to this Jewish Netanyahu. Let's hope that doesn't change.

November 24, 2012 at 1:20 am | Reply
    • StanCalif

Absolutely agree!!! By the way,Netanyahu has NO Jewish or Israeli roots. His roots are Russian! Explains a lot!

November 24, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Reply
      • Frozen

Stan, you are a complete moron. Does Netanyahu have to be born in Israel? Are Obamas roots any better? You fool.

December 9, 2012 at 12:15 am |
  33. Bingo

Obama does NOT need Nethanyahu. mr Nat thinks he can decide on behalf of America, who their leader should be.
    Foreign back stabbers will not be tolerated.

November 24, 2012 at 1:04 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

I'm not sure how you arrived to this bizarre conclusion but I can assure you that you're mistaken. Neither Netanyahu nor any other sane adult thinks that anyone but the American people decide who American President should be.

November 24, 2012 at 7:28 am | Reply
      • StanCalif

We just witnessed this! The billions spent by PACS bought nothing. They thought their money could buy the Presidency! It didn't happen this time, but be ware of the future! They will be back!

November 24, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  34. FreeWorld

Hamas = Terrorists
    Palestine = Not a country
    Gaza = A country that continues to house terrorists, but complains how unfair the world is.
    Israel = A real country that protects it's people of peace!

November 24, 2012 at 12:51 am | Reply

And Santa lives on the North Pole

November 24, 2012 at 1:04 am | Reply
      • FreeWorld

Just stating the FACTS!

November 24, 2012 at 1:06 am |
      • Thinker23

You don't like FACTS, do you? If you did you would tell us something more believable than "Santa lives in the North Pole", genius...

November 24, 2012 at 7:29 am |
    • Nevgreco.

Jewish women are not allowed to pray at the Wailing wall in Jerusalam.The Jewish women are inferior to the men..
      It is the same with the moslems. some women cannot go to school, etc..The ultra-Orthodox Jews spit on young jewish girl because she was out when they thought it wrong..Moslems and Jews are from the same blood, check it out

November 24, 2012 at 1:24 am | Reply
      • Thinker23

As a matter of fact, Jewish women ARE allowed to pray at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem or in any other place men play. Muslim women, however, are not allowed to pray in Mosques. Get a clue...

November 24, 2012 at 8:12 am |
      • Frozen

Nevgrego, finding information about these issues is so simple with the Internet. Why is it that you are challenged with it. You post stuff that is totally untrue and to anyone that know anything about Israel you are just simply displaying your ignorance. What a buffoon

December 9, 2012 at 12:21 am |
    • Sylvia

Thank you FreeWorld. It helped me understand better. :)

November 24, 2012 at 1:34 am | Reply
    • greg

WAR IS PEACE
      FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
      IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

November 24, 2012 at 6:01 am | Reply
    • StanCalif

Israel = warmongering bigots! Unable to attack Iran on thier own, but capable of buying congress to wage thier war!
      Thank God for Obama!

November 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  35. wjmccartan

Firstly Hamas should target and only target military personel and installations, to go after civilians is disgraceful and cowardly and above all evil. As for Benny, he just went ahead and started a war killing civilains for political gravitas, he should be tried for murder or at least for shootin fish in a barrel. The fact that the majority of people world wide believe Israel has set up concentration camps of their own in the 21st century, you'd think they would be the last to condone such actions. As for the talking heads above, they just want everyone to think things are ok between Barak and Benny and that definitely is not the case. Benny came to America during this past election to work with the republicans to embarass the President in front of the American people. Now do any of you think that when this was started that this was what Benny was hoping to accomplish, no fricken way. The president turned the screws on old Benny and now something he didn't want to happen is happening with all these borders re-opening, looks good on him.

Lucid One

November 24, 2012 at 12:31 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

i'm not sure what you're talking about but Israel DID NOT START a single war in its entire history and there are no "concentration" or even refugee camps in Israel. Not a single one.

November 24, 2012 at 8:14 am | Reply
      • me

Really, what do think Gaza and The West Bank are then. Campgrounds

November 24, 2012 at 11:55 am |
  36. Alfred E. Neuman

Jews control the banks.

November 23, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Reply
    • Bingo

I thought the Chinese controls the dollar.

November 24, 2012 at 1:19 am | Reply
  37. J Maron

IIsraeli Jews are taking Palestine from the Palestinians. Land stealing, plain and simple.

November 23, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Reply
    • FreeWorld

Palestine is not a real country, but Israel is!

November 24, 2012 at 12:46 am | Reply
      • wjmccartan

Because you say so doesn't make it true, your Palestine is not a country,the people who lived their were nothing but a issue that wasn't an issue for the last hundred years, but ti Israel is a country,isn't correct if your using the same measuring stick,as a plot of Bedouin land wad given to the Jews after world war two by other international governments. As for one more part, they believe this land is theirs by gods own words,so they just keep taking more and more away from the people who have lived on that same land. That nothing more than colonization as was done around the world over two hundred years ago, and now they are doing the same in the name of god,well if they truly believe then they should behave without the zealotry they currently do, or is it okay to kill because you have a country, if those within its borders are there to kill at your leisure. There were people of the jewish faith all along before, and even though they were processing the country to be turned over since the first world war, it was taken from conquered people and given away from under those same people. There is the key word these are people on both sides of this mess, I think that gets forgotten to much.

November 24, 2012 at 1:20 am |
    • David

Oh so America should give up some of their land to Mexico along with giving Native Americans land back as well, in other words kick everyone out. You're stupid.

November 24, 2012 at 1:06 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

But of course! This is the real reason the number of Arabs living in Israel as full fledged citizens INCREASED TWELVE TIMES since 1948... Right?

November 24, 2012 at 8:16 am | Reply
  38. Linda K. Smith

America has always taken orders from Israel – and always will.

November 23, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Reply
    • Bingo

Not for long. With the demise of the GOP, the next generation of American do not give a rat's a** about Israel. You guys better strike peace with your neighbours soon. Once we get off the Oil addiction, its game over for all of you.

November 24, 2012 at 1:06 am | Reply
    • Thinker23

America NEVER took orders from Israel, it ALWAYS did what was the RIGHT thing to do. If you think this or another President will change it in favor to racism, bigotry and fanaticism you're badly mistaken.

November 24, 2012 at 8:19 am | Reply
  39. CaraComments

Are they dating now? I didn't even know they liked each other.

November 23, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Reply
  40. bribarian

Why would America, land of the free and equal, be funding an apartheid state like israel?

November 23, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Reply
    • vinnie gambini

Obviously Israel is a racist state. The entire country is made up of people from every race you can find.
      I was there, i saw Jews from Russian, China, India, Zimbabwe, America, Peru, Argentina, Thailand, France, England, South Africa, and i even met Jews from Ethiopia.
      Is that what you mean?
      oH...OH, OH OH, YOU MEAN, non-Jews.
      Aaaaaaaah, yes my friend, there are non-Jews there too.
      Muslims, even in the military, in the police force, on the bench as judges, in the knesset.
      So is that what you mean?
      What do you mean you ignorant ninny?

November 23, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Reply
      • bribarian

I meant isreal is apartheid.

November 23, 2012 at 11:54 pm |
      • Adam

you are liar. Jewish people are very racists and stupid. You saw there Jewish form USA, Asia, Europe, and other parts of the world, but you forget that they are Jewish. As American, if I go Israel today I will not be welcomed. Even they will not let me marry one of their own. Is that clear dog?

November 24, 2012 at 1:45 am |
      • unity

You said, I even met Ethiopian Jews lastly after you mentiomed China, Zimbabwe, Thailand ...Last time I checked Ethiopians are more related to Jews and other middle eastern people by blood,religion and history than the most other group you mentioned above.

November 24, 2012 at 6:28 am |
      • Thinker23

Adam... Every fourth Israeli is an Arab Muslim. Are these people Jews, too?

November 24, 2012 at 8:25 am |
      • Thinker23

Adam... Jewish people a indeed "very racist and stupid". What if not their racism and stupidity could cause Israel to be the ONLY state in the Middle East where ALL citizens have the very same equal rights regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity or gender? and WHAT is not stupidity of the Jews could cause the probability of winning a Nobel Price to be THREE HUNDRED TIMES higher for a Jew than for a non-Jew?

November 24, 2012 at 8:28 am |
    • Bingo

WRONG. We are the land of the free and BRAVE. Who said anything about equal?

November 24, 2012 at 1:19 am | Reply
  41. TheSurvivalGuy

Reblogged this on thesurvivalplaceblog.

November 23, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Reply
  42. cleareye1

It's nice to have a president that puts America first, before anybody, for any reason.

November 23, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Reply
    • newport pagnell

Sarcasm?

November 23, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Reply
  43. Brock

At all the stupid- hateful, ethnocentric, and egocentric RACISTS MORONS, Obama won the election and Romney lost, so deal with it. I do recall how Netanyahu tried to influence, donating $100 M with his buddies to the Romney campaign to defeat the president. I hope he pays for that because he deserve whatever is coming to him for placing his nose into AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.

I'll say this- I don't agree with everything Israel is doing but support the JEWS and Israel 100% because the bible declares it. The fact that they are surrounded by all those foes, they do need our help and support but I DON'T LIKE OR TRUST NETANYAHU BECAUSE HE IS A JACKAL AND A TWO TONED SNAKE. I long for peace in the middle east but such peace will not be lasting or secured till JESUS CHRIST RETURNS-SO NEVER PUT YOUR HOPES ON ANY POLITICIANS OR MEN EXCEPT GD ALONE.

November 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Reply
    • cleareye1

It is that kind of ignorance that has created the problem in the first place.

November 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Reply
      • simple truth

and antireligious bigetry is the other half of the problem of closemindedness. Everyone forgets the fact that a majority of the palestinian faction is comprised of primarily Jordanian immigrants. The US as well as the powers that were in reign gave Israel their land back as a nation their is a responsibility across the board for that to be backed on that merit alone despite what the flippant antireligious- or should I say muslim sympathizers- say

November 24, 2012 at 7:04 am |
      • StanCalif

Netanyahu is the "problem"! He is not even Israeli jewish! His roots are Russian! No other explaination necessary!

November 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • Epicurian

Wow.... this response is so juvenile and uninformed.

November 23, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Netanyahu donated $100 m??? Are you sure? I had no idea Netanyahu was THAT rich... but if you don't like Netanyahu send your information to the Israeli news agencies and they will CHEW him for concealing his billions.

November 24, 2012 at 8:31 am | Reply
  44. Tembisa

Reblogged this on World Chaos.

November 23, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Reply
  45. midgick1

Here's a little tidbit for all of you you out here .At least 187 Jews and people of half- or three-quarters-Jewish ancestry have been awarded the Nobel Prize,1 accounting for 22% of all individual recipients . Considering that Jews comprise 0.2% of
    the World Population, I'd say that's a decent reason to let Israel be. But when you sea with their version of redneck,nazies, arab supremacists and such, you go to protect yourself at all times, just like they say in a Prize Fight in Boxing..

November 23, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Reply
  46. Rogue351

NEWS FLASH – Obama said he has Israelis back, End of STORY. Stop pounding this anti Obama republican rhetoric we have all heard it before, it is all lies. It didn't work the first time. Israel is MORE than capable of handling Gaza.

November 23, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Reply
  47. Hulot

Netanyahu now officially Obama’s beatch. He’ll have to wait in line after the Prime Minister of Lesotho to see him.

November 23, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Reply
    • Deb

you are correct my friend, Natanyahu, tried to get Romney elected and now he has to come crawling back to Obama. I think Natanyahu will lose the next election becasue from what I am hearing from Israel media people are not too happy that he poked his nose in to the American election. I personally think there is a better chance of peace in ME, without Natanyahu, but I don't have much hope anyways.

November 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Reply
  48. BigGuyWithABigPlane

Netanyahu better shape up and start supporting Obama.He isan IDIOT and needs to know that dissing the United States President is the LAST thing he should do during a crisis.

November 23, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Reply
    • Pete_Zipk

I wouldn't call Netanyahu an idiot. I think he is doing what he thinks is the best for his country, which is totally understandable. But what he should not do is dissing the President of the US and still expect the US to back him.

November 23, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Reply
      • cleareye1

Agreed.

November 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm |
      • Bingo

Mr Nat believes he is the most powerful man in the world. He was sent by GAWD to save the chosen ones. Didn't you know that? Of course, Americans picked the Kenyan Prince instead.

November 24, 2012 at 1:07 am |
      • wjmccartan

Well at least you said you don't think he's an idiot, you left yourself some wiggle room. Because he is an idiot, one that takes human lives for election self promotion. This is the Israeli G.W.

November 24, 2012 at 1:39 am |
  49. Hannah

To all those who are questioning whether the United States benefits from the Israeli-American relationship:

Israel is the only true democracy in the Middle East, and is therefore uniquely able to provide intelligence to the United States. It has been estimated that the Mossad (the Israeli equivalent of the CIA) is as useful as seven CIA sub-agencies. For example, in the 1990s the Mossad discovered that there was a Hezbollah agent in the United States to try and get weapons such as IEDs. There are other examples, but I don't want to fuel the conspiracy theorists, so I will let you all do your own research.

Say whatever you want to me, I will not be returning to see what replies there are. Have fun with your hatred. Bye! :)

November 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Reply
    • Pete_Zipk

I did not vote for Obama; I voted for Romney. I do not agree with the President on several subjects. But I will not support Netanyahu or any other foreign leaders dissing my President. It is very simple, Comprende?

November 23, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Reply
      • Suzanne

November 23, 2012 at 11:39 pm |
    • Bingo

America does not give a s*** about a "free country" in the middle east. We just want cheap OIL. As soon as that phase passes, you guys can nuke each other to kingdom come.

November 24, 2012 at 1:09 am | Reply
  50. ducdebrabant

Netanyahu has been publicly and pointedly rude to our President on more than one occasion, and has even crudely attempted to influence the outcome of the recent election. As an American I resent this. Our President can overllook it if he chooses, but I am surprised that the article reads as if only one of these two men has fences to mend, courses to reverse, or manners to mind. The Prime Minister of Israel has done little so far to incline me to forgive him.

November 23, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Reply
    • Chimo

First of all, no one cares what you think. #2 tell us how has Neatnayahu dissed the President? In case you don't know it, he has his own electorate to please, and he has been very syupportive of what the U.S.ay and does, because he doesn't have a choice. No Israeli leader can "diss" the president of the U.S.m but that doesn't mean he can't put forth his own point of view, and that's all he has dione. The U.S. security is not threatened on a daily basis, Israel's is, so just remember that

November 23, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Reply
      • bruce

And just what, Chimo thinks any care anything about YOUR opinion?

November 23, 2012 at 11:24 pm |
    • Suzanne

WHOA – you must be a mooslum.

November 23, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Reply
    • FreeWorld

Our President also continues to apologize to arab countries, supports Egypt's arab brotherhood (these people are anti-America), and ruining a crucial relationship with our ally. We don't need support of Palestinian people because they will continue to house the Hamas and we really don't need to suck up to the arab nations.

November 24, 2012 at 12:56 am | Reply
  51. Freedom Storm

Thawed? Only until Benjamin learns of how badly he's being played.

November 23, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Reply
  52. Gideon

Israel has the right to defend itself. Obama is the right president, and Bibi has no other choice other than to accede to the demand of President Barrack Obama!

November 23, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Reply
    • Bingo

Palestinians have the right to fight the occupiers.

November 24, 2012 at 1:18 am | Reply
      • Nevgreco.

What is the problem between Israel and the Palastine people> The American people want to know..We feel it is about religion>..Palastine had a pproblem for many years..This earth belongs to the human race..Soon no water, winds, Ice melting. winds. etc. Will the Gods save us..We have many palastinians in America..were are they>>No education..

November 24, 2012 at 1:34 am |
  53. AgrippaMT

We can all hope that Netanyahu has a crippling stroke one of these days. Hopefully, soon.

November 23, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Reply
    • marie Joseph

That's not nice to say, you may have the stroke before him. Are you ready to meet your creator.

November 23, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Reply
    • rami

Amen

November 23, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Reply
    • Suzanne

Olloh will GETCHA

November 23, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Reply
  54. bman

Obama Should throw Bibi under the bus After both tires have bounced over him he should throw it in reverse pop the clutch, and burn some rubber.

November 23, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Reply
  55. suraj'deen

Islam means peace

November 23, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Reply
    • Padraig

That may be the definition but many Muslims are not following the definition

November 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Reply
      • ThinkAgain

Just as many Christians do not follow the compassionate, forgiving, tolerant teachings of Christ.

November 23, 2012 at 7:19 pm |
      • Epicurian

Organized religions of any kind suck.............. Extreme pain, suffering and human loss has been inflicted on mankind by many religions. Time to recognize that the human anilmal is responsible solely for his/her acts and morals.

November 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
    • Fisherman

Malarkey

November 23, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Reply
    • nodedet

Islam means "submission."

Muslims may find a kind of "peace" in submission.
      I don't.
      I suspect most Americans don't either.

November 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Reply
    • Suzanne

wHAT YOU TRULY MEAN IS pieces – pieces OF DEAD BODIES. wHY DON'T YOU all JUST GET JOBS? oh, THERE AREN'T any IN THE islam NATIONSS? OH, SORRY, STOLEN GUNS, ROCKETS, CRIMES, abuse OF WOMEN, rapes, DISGRACE OF YOUNG INNOCENT daughters? wHAT YOU CALL YOURSELVES "MEN" not not not.
      yOU ARE TINY LITTLE PENS.

November 23, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Reply
    • Bingo

Scientology means science and technology. Yeah right.

November 24, 2012 at 1:09 am | Reply
  56. suraj'deen

Thinker23 why yot always against the muslims in every your comments?

November 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Reply
  57. suraj'deen

Why the hatred of Islam and the muslims by the Americans?

November 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Reply
    • cleareye1

Most Americans do not hate Islam. Americans are free thinkers, even the religious ones, and have no use for anyone that thinks they are 100% correct, and will kill anyone that disagrees. Islam will mature one day and become tolerant like the Jews. Israel will not execute you for burning a bible.

November 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Reply
      • Bingo

US does not give a rat's a** about Islam. Just as long as you keep your nut cases out of our business.

November 24, 2012 at 1:17 am |
  58. Kat

Satanyahiu is a Zio-nazi, he stands for everything against american values of freedom and human rights. Dump the pathalogical liar, especially after he insulted the president and publically tried to interefer in american elections to defeat Obama.

November 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Reply
  59. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Of course it's thawing after Natanyahu realized Romney wasn't "the one and never will be the one". A great friendship with Romney as Romney said was very misleading because he had no power then and he has none now, just a few lies about Obama that's all.

November 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Reply
  60. Doris V

No more funding to or selling weapons or tractors to Israel. Did not always feel this way. Tired of the Israel government and their wars. Don't think there will ever be peace in this area of the world.

November 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Did it happen to you, Doris, that Israel DID NOT START A SINGLE WAR in its entire history and that stopping US aid to Israel will not end the wars but will force Israel to use cheaper, less expensive and less precise (but no less effective) alternatives to sophisticated US-made weapons systems?

November 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Reply
      • Mike

You have supplied me with laughs for the next 5 years, and for that, I thank you. You said Israel has never started a war. This is false, you must be in sever denile. They have started multiple wars, the reason that Israel is a country is because of war. The US gives too much to Israel, it is rather embarrassing that with all of the aid from the United States-they still struggle to keep peace in the middle east and within their own country. There are more problems that could be fixed with one billion dollars in the United States than one hundred billion dollars can fix in Israel or anywhere in the Middle East. The US should operate with that in mind. Whether Israel uses slingshots or high grade military weaponary, they have failed in the middle east through war or diplomacy. Obama does not need Natanyahu, I feel that will be evident through time.

November 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm |
      • Suzanne

I TRULY admire tHINKERS. i AM A cHRISTIAN, WITH jEWISH IDEALS IN MY HEART, AND ALL OTHER fAITHS. AND i know THAT THE iSLAMS ARE BENEATH ANY IDEA OF A cREATOR. tHEY HAVE A fake
        god, CALLED allaH, WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN HUNDREDS+ MEN. hOW idiotic!wELL MAYE MILLIONS, THEY ALL TAKE THAT NAME!

November 23, 2012 at 11:46 pm |
      • smthntosay

Suzanne, you are a female dog

November 24, 2012 at 12:42 am |
    • nodedet

There may never be peace (or not in our lifetime, anyway), but perhaps you should consider the possibility that this is rather is the fault of the ARABS who refuse to recognize reality: ie, Israel's existence. Israel has made peace with Arabs willing to make peace (Egypt, Jordan). But Hamas is defined by an extremist ideology, they will not recognize Israel, will not negotiate with Israel. Thus far even the "moderate" Palestinians insist on terms that would mean suicide for Israel. No one can reasonably be asked to commit suicide. When the Palestinians want peace enough that they are willing to compromise on their desire to murder Israelis, there will be hope.

November 23, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Reply
    • jl9830

"Don't think there will ever be peace in that side of the world." So let's stop helping Israel and see them be wiped off the map. Is that a legitimate solution for you?

November 26, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Reply
  61. Basher

When your relationship is at the bottom, or top for that matter, there is only one way for it to go respectively.

November 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Reply
  62. Portland tony

Obama and "Bibi" do not have to agree on every issue that the Israelis have. Not all Iraelis agree with Netanyahu's policies. America guarantees Israel' right to exist as a nation. That's what's important!

November 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Somehow I remember how the US guaranteed the right of South Vietnam to exist as a nation and it makes it painfully obvious to me that Israel can not (and will not) count on ANYONE to guarantee its right to exist.

November 23, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Reply
  63. Franky

Where do people get this idea that the US needs to support Israel, we don't. For historical reasons we do, but for all practicality we really have no need of Israel, what so ever.

November 23, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Consider this: without US support the Arab states and Iran would try to destroy Israel ( again...) as they've done in 1948, 1967 and 1973. Israel does not have strategic bombers, aircraft carriers and millions of troops so its options to defend itself are rather limited. A large scale war in the Middle East will possibly turn the largest oil fields on the planet into a radioactive wasteland causing the oil prices to skyrocket and sending the world economy into a crisis of epic proportions. Would you like to pay $50 for a gallon of gas after losing your job, Franky? If not then you know one of the reasons the US need to support Israel.

November 23, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Reply
    • Jeff

Ignorance at its finest!

November 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Reply
    • Mason

Christians understand that we must support Israel's right to exist. If I can simply put it, God gave the land to Abraham and his descendants, the promised land. Israel is Jewish land in the eyes of the Almighty. Now, there are many who would argue this and vehemently disagree. I am not here to argue with anyone. I respect your right to believe whatever you choose to believe. God will never allow the land to be destroyed. There is also a blessing on those nations that bless Israel. If you are not a bible believing Christian you will not understand any of this.

November 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Reply
      • Angel

as a christian, never occurred to you that god has send his son to clarify that the kingdom that we are talking about, is NOT on this planet?

November 23, 2012 at 6:23 pm |
      • Just me

Bible speaks about spirytual Izrael from every nation special people. Eartly Izrael lost the special privilage when they rejected Jezus. Jehovah has said, It will happen.

November 23, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • ThinkAgain

Not having a dependable ally in the Middle East would be a dangerous thing. We need Israel; I just wish the moderates on both sides (Israel and its Arab neighbors) had more influence.

November 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Reply
    • midgick1

how's this sound Franky.

No Israel you lose Jerusalem and all the other Holy sites to Christianity, Just like the Taliban did in Afghanistan other Countries,

November 23, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Reply
  64. Franky

It's the other way around. Netanyahu thought his pull would influence US elections, it did not, so he has no choice but to thaw it out with Obama.

November 23, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Reply
    • ColorMaven

Agreed. In addition, Netanyahu has an election coming up. A lot of what we heard from him was a calculated risk of posturing blow aimed at sending a message to his own electorate.

November 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Reply
      • Bob

Netanyahu made a tactical blunder backing Romney that might very well cost him his own election.....

November 23, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
  65. wowwow

BB will do anything to maintain his position in Israel – that includes telling President Obama to get 8888. BB is a real international jerk.

November 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Reply
  66. rami

Not so fast, i believe Obama told Netanyahu exactly what to do. STOP killing Children and he is no BUSH.

November 23, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  67. Me

US does not need Israel, Israel needs the US. Obama does not need Netanyahu, Netanyahu needs Obama. He(Netanyahu) must have lost Romney's phone number.

November 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Reply
    • AL999

It's not whether Obama or Netanyahu "need" one another, it's whether the US and Israel can work together to bring peace to the ME. Of course, the Palestinians must be a major part of this solution, but they are not the only players at odds with Israel. Iran must be dealt with first, foremost and firmly. Then, the US must support the true peace seekers. I know, I know, we can't afford to support everyone, but this is a good investment to help reduce our defense costs.

November 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Reply
      • Franky

Israel isn't looking for peace. They are looking for land. If they get it without a fight, great, if they have to fight to have it so be it, they have a more powerful military than their neighbors. Palestinians are viewing it the same way, except, peace is in their interest they can not win a fight with Israel.

November 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
      • Thinker23

Franky... When the facts and your beliefs contradict each other it's not the facts that should be adjusted...

You see, since 1967 Israel only GAVE AWAY land. Another fact is that it was Israel who offered peace and a sovereign independent state to the Palestinian Arabs in 1948, 1967, 1978, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2009 and it were the Palestinian Arabs who REJECTED each and every pace offer.

November 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm |

US DOES NOT NEED ISRAEL.

November 24, 2012 at 1:16 am | Reply
  68. dina

These two leaders have to get along in relating to the situation in the middle east. America has to support Israel and Netanyahu knows that. Being the leader of the free world is not easy and being the leader of Israel is certainly not easy.Nay they both make the right decisions.

November 23, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Reply
    • Franky

Why does the US have to support Israel, what would happen if the US did not support Israel? Absolutely, nothing.

November 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Reply
      • Mac Qurashi

I wonder what this thaw is going cost us. Natanyahu with his AIPAC lobby, that has Congress under its thumbs, can exert all kind of power. During the elections Obama had to give $70 m worth of missile defense system to prove to the neocons that Obama cares for Israel. In the meantime, we collude with Israel in its quest to ennex the West Bank and Gaza but without the Arab population. We look the other way and veto every resolution that attempts to expose Israel's violations of human rights and illegal land grab.

November 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
      • Thinker23

Mac.. You would wonder even more if someone asked you HOW COME the Arabs did not create even a more powerful lobby considering the almost unlimited amount of petrodollars in their disposal. Are the Arabs THAT DUMB, in your opinion?

November 23, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
      • midgick1

Franky,
        you are a complete moron. their are many many reasons why we should support Israel, but the best is what I said before. No Jews, No Jerusalem for Christians.

November 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
  69. rising son51

Let's see – repubs are talking tax hikes for the rich, netanyahu is taking pres. obama's "advise" and grover nordquist is no longer relevant....gee!!! elections do have consequences!!!

November 23, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Reply
  70. Kareen

If the relationship is thawing it's only because what else can Netanjahu do but be pleasant?
    His wish was for Romney to win but without Obama and U.S. dollars he is up a creek.

November 23, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Reply
    • cindy lou who

kareen...the double ee indicates mooslim...true? kareem...hakeem

November 23, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Reply
      • rami

ha? Cindy aka dummy

November 23, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
  71. truth1111

The Cancer is Islam. You cant stop the POWERFUL light of TRUTH. The truth is Islam is the disease and Muslims need healing. The internet has now provided the world with tools to expose Islam without the fear of being killed. This is why Islamic countries will not let their citizens have freedom on the internet. It is LIES that fear TRUTH... Not the other way around... Islam's days are NUMBERED...

November 23, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Reply
    • Miss Demeanor

Zealots (like you) of any religion are the cancer... not Islam. God is love. You obviously don't know him.

November 23, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Reply
      • Thinker23

God is love. I'm not so sure about Allah, however.

November 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
    • Bingo

The correct sentence is "There is no other ALLAH but GAWD".

November 24, 2012 at 1:16 am | Reply
  72. REALITY

If Romney would win the election, would there be more or less missiles fired from Gaza?

November 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Reply

Probably, less.

November 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Reply
    • copanut

Thinker answers without reason. To Hamas, all Americans look the same. The issue is irrelevant.

November 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Reply
      • Thinker23

DId you disagree with something I've said, "copanut"? If so WHAT WAS IT? Hint: if you don't understand my reasoning it does not mean that there is no reasoning. I means that you don't understand it...

November 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • rami

Does not matter. They are defending Gaza. You would do the same thing if you are true American.

November 23, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  73. John

Oil production up, unemployment slightly down, stock market stable, housing recovering, middle east stabilizing.....the GOP will need to continue to "fabricate' crisis such as Benghazi to even have any relevance in the near future...

November 23, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

You forgot the US national debt, John. It's one of the most impressive achievements of the Obama administration.

November 23, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Reply
      • rising son51

@thinker23 (thinker??) i guess the national debt was zero when pres. obama took office and he ran it up, right??

November 23, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
      • Thinker23

"rising son 51"... No, the national debt WAS NOT zero when pres. obama took office but he still ran it up. Does the picture look better now?

November 23, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
      • cindy lou who

Thinker....thank you so much

November 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
      • copanut

As the record shows, the "runup" by Obama was not for new programs. New program spending is down. Rather, the runup was dealing with Bush-era programs and failures, e.g., wars, unfunded mandates, and economic collapse. See, the majority of Americans understand this, and that's why you lost.

November 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  74. Al Tai

Do not anybody see Netanyau treating President Obama the same way the equals of J. Brewer, Sununu or the Donald and a few Republicans do? He, Netanyau, probably thinks Barack was born in Palestine. They see him having a blue tooth .Wake up to the reality folks.

November 23, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Somehow it seems to me that Mr. Obama treats Mr. Netanyahu no better than Netanyahu treats Obama. Do you have any problems with it?

November 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Reply
    • truth1111

November 23, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Reply
      • JS

Islam is not a new Religion started by the Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) around 1400 years ago.It is the same truth proclaimed by all the Prophets who came before him, right from the time of Adam.Muslims believe in all the Prophets like (to name a few)Abraham,Moses and Jesus(peace be upon them all) and the divine revelations like the Torah(Jewish Holy Book) and the Bible(Christian Holy Book). But these books have been interpolated by so-called "saints" or "holy men" over a period of time to suit their whims and fancies for example, Pork is prohibited in the Torah and the Bible but these have been iterpolated and made into acceptable things over a period of time.

The Holy Qur'an clearly states-
        This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than God; On the Contrary it is a Confirmation of (Revelation) that went before it. And a fuller explanation of the Book Wherein there is no doubt from the Lord of the Worlds. Holy Qur'an (Chapter 10, Verse 37)

November 23, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
      • Thinker23

JS... According to Christianity the Jews named Jesus was NOT a "prophet" but a SON OF GOD AND GOD HIMSELF. Did Islam teach you that Allah was Jesus? YES OR NO?

November 23, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
      • Seek ye the truth; the truth shall set you free.

truth1111

Your hatred and poison toward Islam is obvious to any decent human being reading your post. Islam is not the cancer, it is THE CURE to the cancer of falsehood wherever it raises its head in any shape, matter, and form. Jesus, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him, is attributed in the Bible to have said, " Seek ye the truth; the truth shall set you free." Learn about Islam from authentic sources, make your own decisions, trust your own reasoning, then make a comment about Islam.

Islam is the religion that is the culmination of Judaism and Christianity and the teachings of all the previous prophets, Peace be upon them all. Prophet Mohammad, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him, was THE FINAL Messenger of Allah to humanity to guide it to and keep it on the path of Islam. Allah says in the Glorious Qur'an that the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. Islam will live forever until the Day of Judgment.

November 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm |
  75. Joe from CT, not Lieberman

Gee, Bebe, what's it finally like to have an American President who doesn't jump when you snap your fingers. And guess what – No more Joe Lieberman to rattle the saber for you in the Senate anymore, either! Nuts. Now I gotta come up with a new name because you guys won't remember that self-righteous prig I say i am NOT in about 6 months.

November 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

It does not matter if you're here or not. IN both cases, you do not say anything worth remembering.

November 23, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Reply
    • Suzanne

wHAT THE ?YUCK? YOU ARE EVEN LESS THAN AN IJIOT!

November 23, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Reply
    • Fawlty

Obama is no difference than any other US politician. US politicians are a corrupt, spineless lot on AIPAC and Israel payroll. US foreign policy is run by AIPAC.

Netanyahu don't give a hoot about what Obama thinks, when he wants to bomb whoever he feels like bombing next time he's not going to consult Obama. Netanyahu knows how to play Obama and US. US is exists to rubber stamp whatever terror state of Israel wants it to do.

November 24, 2012 at 9:37 am | Reply
  76. Marty

Well said, rexdogcanadlen!

November 23, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  77. cindy lou who

bigger issues..like stopping obama from using the white house curtains to wipe the fried chicken grease off his fingers. I hear the Obamas have changed the white house decor from early colonial to filthy knee grow

November 23, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Reply
    • bczu

Get a life bigot

November 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Reply
      • cindy lou who

ahhh...my first sucker to take the bait...
        lol

November 23, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
      • Joe from CT, not Lieberman

bc, don't feed the troll.

November 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • Angelle

.....ummmm okay

November 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Reply
    • ala

Cindy...you are making yourself out to be a bigoted c*n*t

November 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Reply
    • rising son51

@cindy – yes, i guess he should sent to you to decorate your outhouse!!!!

November 23, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Reply
    • Kareen

You are one nasty person.

November 23, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Reply
      • cindy lou who

Thank you so much!

November 23, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • dina

Racist

November 23, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Reply
      • cindy lou who

not really i love clarence thomas...allen west... herman cain...etc....

November 23, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
    • Seek ye the truth; the truth shall set you free.

Disparaging and demeaning comments do not serve any purpose. They only show the hatred, the poison, and the racist and bigoted side of the writer. I truly pity you that you are still living in the dark, stained past of America. May Allah the Almighty heal you from your sickness.

November 23, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Reply
      • Doles

What's there to heal? Allah, God, or you name it, cannot heal an idiot. A person with idiotic penchant is still a saved idiot. Save us the prayer from Allah...let the idiot roam the earth. Just watch out that such idiot doesn't cause retributions. Just ignoring should suffice.

November 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm |
  78. Chuk

So the U.S gives lots of $ to Israel, and gives blanket protection for its safety, etc, etc. What does the U.S get in return from Israel? Anything?

November 23, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Reply
    • NOtoISLAM

First of all, big $ goes not only to Israel but to Egypt as well. Second, US gets Israels expertise in electronics, weapon development etc. You forgot that Israel stays as one of the first 3 in chips making and R&D.

November 23, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Reply
      • smthntosay

So now the US is getting the benefit of Israel's technological expertise! And – Yes to Islam.

November 24, 2012 at 12:49 am |
    • ScottIndependent

the US gets weapon tests, a democratic stronghold in the mideast free of religious extremism (its surprising, but most Jews in Israel are not very religious, in fact), a strong financial and intellectual lobby from Jews in the US. you may not think those are good reasons, but there they are

November 23, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Chuk... The US fives FIVE TIMES MORE to the Arab countries than it gives to Israel. Can you tell us what exactly the US gets back from the Arab countries?

November 23, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Reply
      • Meternub

Actually, it's nowhere near five times as much as Israel. Foreign aid money for the Middle East, as requested by the Obama administration topped out at seven billion dollars. Israel received three billion, with more than 10 other countries receiving the remaining four billion dollars. Facts are pretty easy to find if you aren't so narrow minded, but I suppose blanket statements are more your narrative Thinker. If you were a thinker, you might you know, actually have legitimate facts behind what you say.

November 23, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
      • Meternub

Seven billion dollars the last 4 years, each, with the same distribution*

November 23, 2012 at 7:37 pm |
      • innocenttruth

ok fine, we all know you are jew now but why do you in your right mind think you deserve any aid from our govt.?

November 23, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
      • Bingo

US pays out ANNUALLY to all these nations in the middle east. Talk about fiscal cliff. American tax payers are funding Islam and Israeli occupation of Palestine. This is an American made war.

November 24, 2012 at 1:14 am |
    • Bingo

America gets 9/11 and USS Liberty. Politicians gets Lobbyist $. Thats the nature of the relationship with Israel.

November 24, 2012 at 1:12 am | Reply
  79. rebecca

Netanyahu surrendered to listen and follow Obama administration after Obama's election LMAO. Sorry Netanyahu Mitt is NOT qualified to lead this great nation.

November 23, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Reply
  80. REDFIREBALL

Israel has very good reason to "hesitate ground war" - and CNN knows what it is - Iran has "more" than the general public thinks. - period

November 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  81. REDFIREBALL

Excuse me but if it was up to Obambi-poo and the pale face pig, israel would have invaded gaza on the ground and cause thousands of innocent deaths under the guise of "right to defend yourself" via PHONE. How quick we forget. CNN treats yesterday's news like ancient irrelevant history. That is dangerous. Israel did not invade gaza because of tentative cease fire - which resumed AFTER the pale face pig appeared on the scene from drinking french wine with the poo poo in the far east. remember now CNN? okay, good. Now pale face pig is home. CNN adorned her and obama with acolades. Now look what's hapening. - good job protecting obama incompetence and (whatever he said to netanyahu via phone) to ignite the tension again –very good CNN -very good.

November 23, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Reply
    • Chuk

REDFIREBALL, you are a rambling moron. Are you high or just mentally challenged?

November 23, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Reply
    • hk

REDFIREBALL – you are a total idiot. Your IQ must be below Sarah Palin's (and my golden retriever's).

November 23, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Reply
    • Richone

Redfireball – are you still talking to that empty chair??

November 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  82. rexdogcanadien

Mr Crawford, nothing attempted is for naught. In all we do there is reward. Challenge changes us. Hard work strengthens. Inwardly we aspire, outwardly perspire. If we labor and wait rewards will follow after. Some sacrifice we must make to appease the gods of our dreams and then above the odds rise.

President Obama is contemplative and wise. Don't be fooled by the pundits or his distractors.

November 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Reply
  83. Bill

Ask Obama what he thinks of Natanyahu after the end of his term.

November 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Reply
    • Araminta Ross

He already told us in a discreet setting on an open mic.

November 24, 2012 at 10:52 am | Reply