October 15th, 2012

Clinton: I’m responsible for diplomats’ security

From Elise Labott, reporting from Lima, Peru

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday tried to douse a political firestorm around the deadly assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya, saying she is responsible for the security of American diplomatic outposts.

"I take responsibility" for the protection of U.S. diplomats, Clinton said during a visit to Peru. But she said an investigation now under way will ultimately determine what happened in the attack that left four Americans dead.

The attack on the night of September 11 killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the American consulate in Benghazi.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. After the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded. In the wake of an attack, there is always confusion, Clinton said. But the information has since changed, she said.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of the assault. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again, but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."

1. gcarroll

Clinton said she never seen the security papers that deny security for benghazi but now we know she signed some of them she lied under oath another clinton

April 24, 2013 at 9:53 am | Reply
  2. leemaytoni

Reblogged this on Toni M Lee.

November 23, 2012 at 9:36 am | Reply
  3. shampoo para autos

It's actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

November 23, 2012 at 7:44 am | Reply
  4. Robert Luton

Interesting to follow this debate from the perspective of a foreigner, not living living in the United States, but from an allied country with a keen interest in the future of the States.

I, and most of my fellow citizens, would consider a Romney (Republican) win a disaster for the long haul back of restoring the image and status of the United States with the rest of the world. Whatever you may think of Obama, his election was seen by the vast majority of foreigners as a positive sign that Americans had forsaken the past in more ways than one.

To a foreigners eye, it was soon clear that a Republican lead House was not going to cooperate and was simply going to place obstacles in Obama's path wherever they could. And, I am ashamed to say, a former Aussie citizen who now runs the Fox network, is fueling the Republican agenda. Murdoch and his acolytes in Fox should be pilloried from post to post for interfering in and trying to influence US politics as he had in Australia for so many years, and still tries despite a well entrenched questioning public.

As for Obama not delivering on his promises from the 2008 campaign, nobody was going to meet the expectations of Americans suffering from the second biggest financial crisis of the last century, particularly given the financial mess Bush and the Republicans left from the previous administration. If you think Obama is negatively affecting the US deficit and general standard of living with whatever programs he manages to get through Congress, you ain't seen nothing yet if Romney gets in with his profligate promises and gunboat diplomacy.

Blaming Obama for all the maladies that have affected America in recent times, shows many of you just looking for a scapegoat instead of getting a better understanding of global realities and understanding the complexities. The world is in a mess and needs leadership, but not the type the Republican party is promoting.

October 26, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Reply
    • Phillip Manson

The Libyan incident affirms Fox's gossipy nature. Consulate security is the responsibility of the host country. Libyan rescue squads were dispatched to the beseiged Americans but were like the attackers, not trained in military techniques. The first attack was just to burn the consulate. The two deaths there were from smoke inhalation. The second attack was on the security American force in the building a mile away and four hours later. Two Americans were killed from mortar fragments. Both attacks indicate armed individuals operating with little military command after the initial assaults since afterwards there was immediate fading into the general population.

October 27, 2012 at 2:33 am | Reply
    • cowboy

I wish our american brethren were as attentive to our politics as most of the rest of the world. Our economy is ready to rebound but it's unable to do so because of Europ's problems. Reguardless of what Oboma does, I don't think our economy can improve much until Europe makes some progress. My fear is that if Romny is elected and the economy takes-off he will get credit. The Republicans would make him an icon like Regan, when in reality Oboma did the work . Our world is so interconnected in it's economics we are dependent on one-another.

October 27, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  5. patches

Did everyone miss this quote by Clinton:

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election."

This is the real reason why she is accepting blame. She knows she'll still have her job if he's re-elected...but that's also a maybe. Obama may turn against her stating we can't have the head of the State Dept. making these kind of decisions, that the USA needs someone who will be on top of conflicts around the world at all times...and then put someone else in her job that paid him mucho dinero for the spot.

October 18, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
    • cowboy

Patches, it's amazing you can see to type, your head is so far up your ass. Clinton said what she did because it's true. She is not concerned about a job she has already announced that she is leaving. Only SOME STUPID FOOL OR ROMNY would think there was something they could rase a stink about. We know how your ass looks from now on try showing your face (more intelligence) in your comments. Better still, God gave you two ears and one mouth, maybe you should listen more and talk less.

October 18, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Reply
      • patches

Funny you said that. I read a variety of newspaper and watch MSNBC, CNN, CSpan, and yes, even Fox every day. One thing I do know is how to read and write. One thing I DON"T know how to do is treat other commentators like you do. I respect others comments and, if you were wise, you would respect other comments too instead of going into a tirade and curse them out. But I guess that's what you were taught.

Come back when you grow up. You had nothing, NOTHING, to cotribute to my comment except to insult so, on that note, END OF DISCUSSION. Have a nice day.

October 18, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • cowboy

I first thought you were older and just ignorant. After reading your last reply. Inow see you as younger and trying to be involved. Though I still find you anoying but hopeful. In time maybe you will become more informed and your vision cleared. I hope i'm right in my second assumption since we have way to many of the former.

October 18, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Reply
      • Bailey

Why is it when someone doesn't agree with Democrats, they start the name calling? I like Hillary, and she should RESIGN over this! This isn't some Mickey Mouse error! And quite frankly, Obama DOES need to take blame here. ANY MORON would have provided extra protection on the 9/11 Anniversary, especially in the VOLATILE Middle East! And maybe you need to take your head out of your a(s)s! I for one, am tired of Obama blaming everyone, including but not limited to Big Bird, and binders! When does he take responsibility for anything. Between the blaming and apologizing, how the he(l)l does he have time for anything!

October 21, 2012 at 9:44 am |
      • cowboy

Again you are completely wrong. (not surprising) Maybe it's best to ignore you and label you a lost cause. I'm sure that no amount of effort explaining will yeld any results. You are just to stupid.

October 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
      • patches

Hey cowboy: I said I wouldn't reply to you but I just can't let this comment of yours go to waste. I thank you for the compliment on being younger, but I'm not that young, and I'm far from ignorant. I went through my liberal stage a few years back but I woke up. As for you, I believe you need to grow up as I said before and stop acting like a 10-year-old. Learn a bit about history or were you asleep during those classes? Or did you go to a liberal high school or college that changed history to suit the democrats?

I agree with Bailey's comment that if people don't agree with democrats (I will not capitalize the word 'democrat' because I have lost all respect for them), they start name-calling and top it off by calling those that disagree with the President and/or his agenda racists. I'm quite tired of hearing it.

I'm also tired of hearing the same speeches Obama gave when he was running for President the first time. Nothing has changed except he has to campaign harder this time because of his failed policies. Nothing will change if he is re-elected except spending will continue to hit all time highs, our military and embassy staff will not be any safer, our Attorney General will still pick and choose who to prosecute and will not own up to his part in the murders of border agents, Government will continue to grow and rules and regulations will continue to take over more of our daily lives. I, for one, love freedom. That's what our country is supposed to be about, but this administration is eating away at our freedoms little by little and some people are too blind to recognize it.

On that note, please don't answer my questions because I already know your answers to them and as I said before, I will not lower myself to name-calling or answer any more posts by you.

October 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm |
  6. WatrGrrl

Isn't it interesting that Obama, once again, doesn't take responsibility for either his actions or his LACK of action? And what did Obama have to promise Hilary Clinton to "fall on her sword?" Isn't this Obama's typical pattern of either blaming someone else or letting someone else take the blame for his incompetence? I don't for a minute, believe that whatever occurs in an administration isn't the responsibility of the chief executive. Wasn't that why Obama was hired? He isn't doing the job.

October 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Reply
    • cowboy

For weeks I have listened to this garbage. Stephens was the only one to blame. He was in charge of all the personal in Libya. He gave the orders!!! When the extra security personal he had requested didn't arrive; he needed to change his plans and stay in Tripoli. By going to Bengazi without the security he knew he needed was a foolhardy mistake. The outpost in Bengazi should have been under a heightened security aleart because of the 9-11 annervisery.

October 16, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Reply
    • Jay Reardon

You have obviously never worked in any large organization where there is a chain of command and subordinates have significant responsibilities as part of their job portfolio. When a platoon commander of 45 Marines screws up and gets his Marines killed or wounded, you don't blame the 4 star Commandant of the Marine Corps. Now the Marines have 200,000 employees - how many employees do you think the federal government has? And you expect the president to be micro-managing every one of them? The stupid burns. Stop watching and believing so much TV and get an education.

October 17, 2012 at 3:41 am | Reply
  7. WatrGrrl

Yeah, I wonder what Obama had to promise Hilary to get her to "fall on her sword" and take responsibility for HIS incompetence and HIS lack of action? Maybe a Supreme Court position? Isn't it interesting that Obama

October 16, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Reply
    • cowboy

October 16, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Reply
    • cowboy

watrgrrl you are an idoit. Only people like you and Romny would try to place blame for political reasons. This was an atack on a sovern U.S. outpost. The ambassador was the most at fault but everyone refuses to place the blame on the dead. If Oboma is elected we will probably bring the culprits to justice, not so if Romny wins.

October 16, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Reply
  8. John

Blaming Obama for the terrorist attack against our ambassador is like blaming Bush for 9/11. It's wrong. We were attacked and should be pulling together instead of trying to politicize a tragedy. Shame!

October 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Reply
    • Poleski

No one is blaming Obama for the attack. He is being blamed for trying to cover it up. He has failed at that too. Clinton is being blamed for not protecting our people during the attack. The people there and the security people who were ordered to leave were asking for ADDITIONAL SECURITY HELP. Try to think.
      Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.

October 16, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Reply
      • John

The same kind of nonsense was circling around about W 11 years ago. I've seen no evidence of anyone trying to cover anything up, only confusion and mixed intel data (can you remember WMD's in Iraq? That turned out to be garbage). As for lies, I think both sides have been quite adept at telling a tall tale. Even Fox News claimed Paul Ryan's acceptance speach at the Republican Convention set a new standard for lies and misrepresentations. If Democrats aren't as good at it as Republicans, it's because they've had less practice.

October 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
      • patches

Wrong again, John . In the news on 1/17/2003:
        U.N. weapons inspectors in Iraq discovered empty chemical warheads in “excellent condition.” U.N. chief weapons inspector Hans Blix issued a stern warning to Baghdad to cooperate “or else.” And those believed to be behind the ricin attacks in the United Kingdom were linked to both al-Qaida and another terrorist group based in Iraq.

Blix said: “Everyone wants to see a credible and verified disarmament of Iraq. We feel Iraq must do more than it has so far in order to make inspections a credible avenue (to disarmament). The other major avenue is in the form of armed action against Iraq. For my part we are trying our best to make inspections effective so we can have a peaceful solution.”

He added: “It’s clear Iraq has violated the bans of the United Nations in terms of imports. We have found things that have been illegally imported, even in 2001 and 2002.

To top off the day’s developments, the deadly poison ricin discovered at a makeshift lab in a north London apartment last week is linked to a group of Algerian extremists with ties to al-Qaida and Iraq, according to news reports.

October 18, 2012 at 9:48 am |
      • Ryche

The hearings have stated that intel knew within 24 hours that it was a terrorist attack. Why was Obama himself saying 8 days after the attack that it was because of a movie on YouTube. Why is nobody talking about all the riots that happened after Obama publicized this movie... Obama lied and people died. FACT.

October 16, 2012 at 8:27 pm |
      • cowboy

ski, you republicans have a way of always winding up on the wrong side of every arguement. The President won't stampede everyone when the reports he is getting are confusing at best. He isn't all hat and no horse like G. Bush. He gets his facts stright before he opens his mouth. He called it right when he said Romny shoots then aims.

October 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
    • Poleski

Really John. The “nonsense” you mention from 9/11/2001 was only being put out by fools. Not a huge number of Americans that want to know what the hell was going on in Libya and why we have been lied to. You say “You’ve seen no evidence of a cover up. So you believe that Obama, Susan Rice, Clinton, and the Press Secretary didn’t know days after the attack it was terrorists and not a demonstration. Amazing stupidity. The WMD’s? Yeah I know about those. Obama wasn’t involved. He was just a State Senator who was voting PRESENT. The intelligence services said the WMD’s that THEY identified in Iraq were probably moved to Syria while we were playing games with the UN because the Democrats were fighting doing anything ourselves. If you’re so knowledgeable on Fox News just post the story Fox did on Ryan lies and misrepresentations.
      Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.
      Lastly. In your ignorance you think there are only Democrats and Republicans who care about what’s happening to our country. I’m an Independent that sees a Socialist trying to take over the country and fools like you are trying to help him.

October 16, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  9. b

Hillary-"the buck stops at the oval office."
    Obama- "the buck stops with me."

Obviously somebody is a liar.

October 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Reply
  10. James Whalen

I just read that we are respected World wide because of Obama I live in overseas and this is so not true. They say Bin ladin was killed so Obama gets credit does it matter someone else stepped in behind him? Respect is earned and he has not earned it. everyone I know say they don't want either as President and truct Obama less because of all the promises which turned to nothing being done but of course he blames Bush, and republicans, now Hillery says she is the blame and not Obama so maybe she is the President.

October 16, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Reply
    • hello

Actually I have been overseas, my family is overseas in Africa, Canada, and Europe; and Obama has a more favorable view worldwide then Bush had, which messed up Blair when he was prime minister. So you can spin this how you want but him ending two wars over seas and killing OSAMA went a long way around the world.

October 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  11. Nick

To all the angry republican fanatics – Obama will take your advice about taking responsibility when you tell Robme to take responsibility for his 47% comment. And no saying it was "off the cuff" does not mean he took responsibility.

October 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Reply
    • b

he did. he said you suck.

October 16, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Reply
    • Poleski

Sorry Nick. Romney (and its Romney fool) has nothing to be responsible for. What he said was exactly the truth but the media spun it different and with stupidity. His most important policy change to improve the economy is to change the tax system. Reduce the tax rates but also eliminate exemptions to come out with a net no change in revenue. The 47% don’t pay income taxes so it’s not an issue they would identify with. They don’t care about that but they aren’t very bright. The change to the tax system could very well mean they pay THEIR FAIR SHARE. Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.

October 16, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Reply
  12. Joe Clark

Hilliary is taking a hit for the chief now so she can get a chit redeemable at a later date for a bigger and better seat at Obama's Big Table when he is re elected assuming he gets re elected.

October 16, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Reply
  13. Chris

So, every person who is against Obama does so for hard fast reasons per some people. Why not apply that reasoning to supporters of Obama also? What exactly has he done in 4 years? He's increased payments to welfare, built more public housing, etc. He is stealing taxpayer dollars and giving it away to people who voted for him ..... buying votes that's what he's done. What about his key staff members? Let's see, they've supplied guns to drug cartels, they've took part in murdering at least one American protector with these guns, they lie about it, they deny defense to an American Ambassador who was murdered because of their decisions. These people try to protect the President just as these liberals do, but in the end he has to stand up and take the blame for everything bad just as he does for the few things good. Time to vote him out.

October 16, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  14. Penny Wright

"Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that." – Mitt Romney

"I will veto the Dream Act." – Mitt Romney

"Let Detroit go bankrupt." – Mitt Romney

"I would never send American armed forces into Pakistan unilaterally, even after a high value target." – Mitt Romney

October 16, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Reply
    • Poleski

Penny Wright
      Amazing. You are soooo smart. You saw a commercial by three Actresses that combined don’t have one brain. They look good but it stops there.
      "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that." – Mitt Romney
      Romney never said that. Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.
      "I will veto the Dream Act." – Mitt Romney
      The Dream Act was never approved by congress. Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.
      "Let Detroit go bankrupt." – Mitt Romney
      The New York Times used that as a headline to a story. Romney never said it. Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.
      Boots on the ground fool. He never said he would not protect the USA. Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.

October 16, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Reply
    • Thomas

Was any of what the above stated true? If so, commercial or not it tells a story. a very scary story.

October 16, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Reply
      • Poleski

None is true. All left wing spin from left wing media. He said none of those things like it’s being presented.
        Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.

October 16, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
  15. clb2012now

Hillary can take responsibility for the security: Obama is responsibility for lying to America with "video did it" meme

October 16, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Reply
    • Howard

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN ... WOULD BE REPLACING OBAMA, BIDEN, PELOSI, REID, JARETT, RICE, HILLARY ... AND THE REST OF THE CORRUPT RATS ... WHO ARE LYING ... AND FEEDING OFF OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

October 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Reply
      • cowboy

Howard you have drank the koolaid and gone back for seconds. Most of the corruption left the White House back in Jan. 2009 and have been silent sense. After this next election, we may change sone of the corrupt Repersentives in the house and a few of the corrupt senators. I say change because the nature of their jobs makes them crooks. The President stands alone and its easer to hold him responsible, where the rest of our elected represenatives can hide in the crowd

Maybe you are one of the idle rich and the corruption of the previous administration worked well for you. If so I can understand why you are upset now.

October 18, 2012 at 7:31 pm |
    • L. Arnold

Don't be so sure it wasn't the video. Read the lastest information from witnesses in Libya. There is a good article in today's New York Times with information from witnesses. Those of us who are not part of the intelligence world, or are not witnesses still need to wait for ALL the evidence to be available.

October 16, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Reply
      • Poleski

The New York Times and you believe it. Amazing.
        Democrats have to lie. If they tell the truth they can’t get elected.

October 16, 2012 at 7:48 pm |
  16. gabc

What a laugh, to bring this up now? Does anyone actually think this is true? Sad attempt!

October 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Reply
  17. Geek34

The buck stops with Hillary Clinton, I mean George Bush, I mean Romney....

October 16, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  18. stopdrinkinthekoolaid

no your not Mrs clinton.

Apology NOT accepted, blame was not assigned, nor expected from you.. Do not take the fall for this miserable excuse for a boss you have. He needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility for this whole middle east mess which he has not only been complacent on, but also encouraging now at the expense of 4 American lives.

You can relax though,.. in january there will be a change of command, and you can retire and let the new administration handle things the way they need to be handled.

October 16, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Reply
    • hello

you trolls are funny, your name speaks for itself, you guys are so desperate in you Anti-obama quest, are you the same person who wrote the recent comments to. Just say you don't like him

October 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Reply
  19. hello

FIRST OF ALL MOST OF THE PEOPLE SPEAKING AGAINST OBAMA, WERE NEVER OBAMA SUPPORTERS AND NEVER WILL BE, NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES THEY WILL NEVER LIKE HIM AND HAVE A EXCUSE TO TALK TRASH ABOUT HIM. SO I AM NOT SURPRISED

The true facts are Obama stopped two stupid & ridiculous wars, Killed OSAMA BIN LADIN, and improved a positive view of America worldwide, I have been around the world, and family around the world, and many have a favorable view of him compared to Bush.

Now when it comes to Hillary & Obama well I don't blame them for what terrorist did in Libya, they didn't ask for the bombs to go off and kill innocent people, even the mother of one of the men(seals) killed there said she she doesn't blame Obama or Hillary and asked Romney to stop using her son for politics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215823/Mitt-Romney-agrees-stop-talking-ex-Navy-SEAL-slain-raid-U-S-consulate-Benghazi-mothers-complaint-using-sons-death-political-agenda.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DHayley%2BPeterson

Obama is the president of America not the world police or Zeus, or a magician, and as much as the Libyan situation is bad, I don't blame Obama, if Obama is that incompetent as some of you fools say he is then the wars will still be going on and he wouldn't have killed OSAMA. Hillary took responsibility, end of story, just as many of you anti-obama maniacs accept when ROMNEY SAID 47% of AMERICANS DEPEND ON THE GOVERNMENT AND WANT A FREE PASS and is getting ready for war with IRAN, you shouldn't complain.

I am voting for Obama, even though I am not a fanatic of him but since he stopped two wars, killed OSAMA as he said he would, and won't try and monopolize Abortion, I prefer him then the wealthy FLIP FLOPPER that keeps screaming Obama care when he did the same thing in the state of Massachusetts as governor, where I live in. The current governor of Massachusetts called him a drive by governor, which he is and Late Senator Kennedy called him governor of multiple choice which he.

October 16, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  20. Oscar

Clinton" I take responsibility". She should not take responsibility for Obama -–let him step up and stop his Lie's,,,,,, The buck ALWAYS stops with the President!! Maybe its an election year??

October 16, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  21. tuscany590

Permission granted to step down & take Rice with you.

October 16, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Reply
  22. EJ

George John Tenet took responsibility for weapons of mass destruction...how soon they forget. *sigh*

October 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Reply
  23. Vocie of Reason

No new news here. We all knew that the State Department failed to provide security even after security was requested multiple times. There is no dispute with that fact. We know the state department knew about the terrorist attacks in real time.

Now, tell us why the American people were lied to about the video and "spontaneous demonstration".... The American people want to know who told Rice, and who provided the "video started it" intelligence.

October 16, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Reply
    • patches

Because we're stupid, that's why....just look at some of the posts on this site and on other sites reporting any news about this administration. Some people can't grasp the fact that their President is not loved by everyone. That's why the word racist is used so often. They have no argument to back up their claims. Yet, if you look into who's NOT voting for Obama this time, you will see a mix of backgrounds.

October 16, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Reply
  24. Greg M

Is there a chance that she is being the scape goat, since it is close to the election and she wanted to protect the President from the fall out. It wouldnt be the first time this has happened, nor would it be the last time. I think she threw herself under the bus, for the sake of the election. Rather then condemn her, her actions should be praised. How long did it take her to come out and say it was her responsibility- too long, if you ask me. I think Hilary is taking the bullet for the team . At some point in time, the real truth will come out, but with it being so close to the election, the only thing she could do, was to take the heat, After all, who has more to loose in this election? If she takes the heat, it wont effect Obama nearly as much as if he took responsibility for it,

October 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  25. Abbie Carlsbad

Does anybody know when the trials in US are beginning for those responsible for the millions of civilians massacred in Iraq and Afghanistan?

October 16, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Reply
    • Ryche

That would be as soon as you Roundup every Republican and Democrat who voted for the war

October 16, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Reply
  26. Rajat Singh Kapadia

Hillary should resign immediately, if she is responsible. She can come to India and swim in the Ganges. Much less dangerous...one would think.

October 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Reply
    • American

So sad for Democrat that You (Rajat Singh Kapadia) and your 53% keep attack about this issue. Instead of attack why don't you and your 53% raise your hand/voice to republican lead sit down with democrat solve this issue.

October 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  27. Willie12345

That sound you just heard wwas Obama sighing.

October 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Reply
  28. Poleski

Start with this. If you think this site or the CNN TV station is giving you news you are naive. This story which is the only story on their start page about Libya is yesterday’s news. Today’s Libya news is NOT there, Filtered left wing stories, not news. Rice, Bidden and Clinton are all blaming the intelligence services a month after the murders. If they didn’t know it was a terrorist attack it’s their fault. Everyone else knew. Did Obama SKIP the briefing that informed the Commander in Chief that it was a terrorist attack? I suggest yes. Vegas was more important.
    “Clinton said President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions.” RIGHT
    Amazing. She thinks we have the intelligence of the people that would vote for her or Obama. That’s bull. Has she ever heard of “Commander in Chief”? Has she ever heard the Oath of Office? If you believe this" I take Responsibility" you are a fool. Someone will take the fall and it won’t be Hillary.

October 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  29. John

There are two issues involving Hillary. The first is providing security to protect the ambassador. If she did indeed turn down requests for more security under the guise of showing normalcy under the Obama policies, then she is negligent for the deaths and should resign. The other issue is the government response on why the killings occur. They continue to say that intelligence was initially telling them that the terrorist attack was caused by the terrorist attack If our intelligence staff was truly telling them this story, five days after the attack, we need to fire them all and hire someone who can find the truth. The truth is that the intelligence community, the state department and the white house all knew that this was a terrorist attack from the time it occurred. The truth just did not fit the image of the President as this great statesman who had won over the entire Middle East with his inclusive and enlightened policies.

October 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Reply
  30. derrick

Hillary doesn't need to resign at this time. Wait for the investigation to be completed. Despite what some of the more vocal people think, she is very well liked and trusted here and abroad. Furthermore, death is a fact of life when at war or when dealing with violent nations. It's ludicrous to think that an official should resign everytime someone dies. Like I said, wait until the investigation is completed.

October 16, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Reply
    • Poleski

Yeah right. What garbage. The investigation after the election conducted by the people at fault. The rest of us are not as stupid as Obama voters. “she is very well liked and trusted here and abroad.” By idiots.

October 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Reply
  31. Dave

Falling on the sword for Obama. I guess that's what is needed to help him save face.

October 16, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Reply
    • California

Agreed.

Do the right thing Obama.

October 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Reply
  32. columbus

OK, so Hillary is accepting some of the responsibility, just to take the bullet for Obama in a tough election. I'd respect the guy a lot more if he grew a pair and said, ultimately, it's my responsibility. Our country is so desperately in need of leadership.

October 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Reply
    • roy

Suppose you would rather have Romney and another unfunded war with three trillion new debt to finance it – this was what the people wanted from Bush II in which he complied with their wishes for a double header at a cost so far around four trillion in new debt and still counting with no real end end in site.

October 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  33. California

It's obvious that democrats don't even know what racism is. Using a persons name isn't racist. Get a clue libs.

For your own sake dems you really should stop screaming racist.

October 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Reply
  34. Citizen K

Unfortunately, the only "real men" in the Obama administration are ... women.

October 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Reply
  35. Dean

Have you not resigned yet?

October 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Reply
  36. souptwins

Is it really "taking responsibility" when you do so after a month and only after the facts bringing things to light you tried to keep hidden? I don't think so! Exactly what is BO responsible for?
    Not the unemployment which is finally back to where it started when he took office. Not the deficit hitting record highs. Not Gitmo still being open. Not Afghanistan still having our troops fighting. Not lavish multi-million dollar conference in Vegas within his administration. Not Fast and furious and the associated deaths. Oh yes, he's responsible for Osama's death. Last I checked he's not a Navy Seal but we'll give credit for making the call. Is he the leader of the free world or does he get a pass on everything? Can't have it both ways, Mr. President.

October 16, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Reply
  37. demwit

No.., we already went over this last month!! Obama does not skip the morning intelligence briefings. PERIOD!

October 16, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  38. California

Leaders don't blame everyone else.

October 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Reply
  39. Dave

I feel sorry for Clinton. If Obama had attended his security briefings, he would have known about Lybia.

October 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Reply
    • maddy

Don't feel sorry for Hillary. She is no one's fool or fail-guy/gall! She is VERY SHREWD! She shows her "character" with taking responsibility for this, but still blames the changing intelligence, etc.and indicates that Obama and Biden were not in-the-know or even in the loop. It's even manipulative and Machiavellian!!
      Hillary makes herself strong by taking responsibility, telling us how many people are under her at State, and gives herself the means to excuse herself since the intelligence community was changing, and even provides a finger-pointing blame that poor Obama (and Biden) was not paying attention as he should have as Commander-in-Chief of US security. She doesn't give a source for the video excuse. FBI, CIA, intelligence sources are under OBAMA's control, not the State Department. I wouldn't be surprised that Axelrod or someone on the White House staff told security folks to tell Ambassador Rice or her directly to use the video story!!

October 16, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Reply
  40. demwit

No. no. no..,
    The buck stops here, I'm responsible.

October 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Reply
  41. Ram Riva -- Calexico CA

This is called stepping to the plate....unlike the GOP, Tea party and Romney who always blaim everyone else.....this economic crisis didn't happen or was created overnight....it took at least eight years of terrible policies (that only look for the benefits of a few) to crumble the US and many other economies in the world.......a lot of bloggers blame China...you need to understand that on this heavily globalized economies.....the US is the leader and the balancer in manufacturing processing costs that affects all pricings of goods supplied all over the world...is China....along with EU they all need each other to balance the world economy and to restore it a level that's adequate......that's how big were all the mistakes and " I don't care about anyone else but me"....policies that GWBush implemented for over eight years...
    The United States of America will restore them for the world.....with Romney is GWBush all over again.....only this time with steroids...

October 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Reply
    • demwit

..., more like being hit in the face with the plate.

October 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Reply
    • david duncan

so as yousee it we pass the buck to repbs.for all going wrong. then if they are at fault ,then we have to believe that the current crowd are to be accountable for what they are doing or for what they promised [ the dems]. let see #1 unemployment @ less than 6% #2 the deficiet cut in 1/2 #3 shut gitmo down , these are for starters. #1 the unempl. @ just under 8% [ many question the veracity of this # ] #2 added $5+trillion to the national debt [ 1/3 of total debt in 4years - bush added apprx. same over 8 years ] #3 gitmo served a purpose – it's easy to run mouth without knowing facts – we will need gitmo for years to come . the threat will not diminish in the foreseeable future.

October 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  42. California

Obama's excuse this time is "It's the video's fault".

October 16, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Reply
    • Dave

Obama is the blamer in chief!

October 16, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  43. Cacodoxic Exploitation

Remember people Bush and his Illuminati caused all of this and hopefully not more best bet is to vote for Obama Biden so the fabricated war mongering will end. I'm tired of the republican's causing war and fatalities all in the name of billions and hundred billion dollar contracts to their demogorgonic private defense manufacturer's and contractors war commerce of all the chaos they engineer onto us all. vote democrat and shut them down.

October 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Reply
  44. Phil

Hilary, the little respect I have for you I am loosing. Why are you protecting this fool! He is killing the country ! Let him take the blame. Remember his "the buck stops here" line he gave on 60 minutes. Watch that buck pass you by hilary and let it stop on Obama's desk. I can't believe you are trying to take the hit on ANOTHER failed Obama Administration

October 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Reply
  45. Jim

COVER UP. Rudy Giuliani called Doledad O'Brien out. Cannot believe CNN calls this unbiased reporting. Gone are the days of Bernard Shaw.

October 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Reply
    • Nodack

Republican witch hunt. Desperate for a scandal to promote for the election.

October 16, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Reply
      • California

It's blatantly obvious that this administration tried to cover it up for political gain.

October 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
      • Phil

Obama Administration...... Wont take responsibility for one thing that goes wrong during his term. Its not a witch hunt, we know who is guilty and we know who should take responsibility

October 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
      • Andrew

Witch hunt 100% is this all they have in the last 4 years ! It says more good than bad

October 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
      • WhatNow

Agree... If this weren't an election year, we would all just be saddened and hoping to find a way to prevent the next event. But, no, the ultra right has to turn the death of 4 Americans it into a dog and pony show.

October 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
      • ghostriter

Seriously......republicans just look pathetic now.

October 16, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
      • david duncan

with acts like these the repub's don't have to do anything -the dems. are doing very well SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN EACH FOOT. THERE ARE MADE UP ISSUES , THIS IS NOT!!!

October 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
    • drake mallard

Firefighters’ radios failed to work back then when they responded to the bombing of the world trade center, and they failed to work again, years later, on 9/11. Even if the inadequate fire department radios worked on 9/11, they were not connectible in any way to the police department radios or police department communication of any kind, even though the city had obtained additional radio frequencies from the federal government in 1995, specifically to make that kind of communication possible. Mayor Giuliani’s failure to do anything about the primitive fire department radios meant that on 9/11 fire chiefs had no idea that police helicopters were predicting the collapse of both towers long before they fell.

9/11 Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that "a group presently in the United States" was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be "imminent," although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible...

October 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Reply
      • david duncan

JUST REMINDER CIA CANNOT WORK INSIDE THE US. ANY REPORTING OF THE UPCOMING ATTCK WOULD HAVE TO COME ANOTHER AGENCY. SHOULD BE FBI REMINDER VALERIA JARRETT UNDER CLINTON SET THE POLICY OF THE VARIOUS AGENCIES NOT COMMUNICATING BETWEEN THEMSELVES [ WHAT A DUMB "A" THING TO DO]. SPORTS ANALOGY: THE COACH CAN'T TALK TO THE QUARTERBACK.

October 16, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
    • conrad

As an American and a voter, I say ... our Ambassadors know the risks of being in unstable countries especially where there is Al Quaeda present. I don't blame this on Obama any more than I would blame it on any other sitting President. I don't realistically expect a President to know every fine detail down to the minute on every last country and outpost in the world. If it were possible there would be no other members of the Executive branch. It is a witch hunt, pure and simple.

I say stick to the real issues and win on ideas, not this empty nonsense.

October 16, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Reply
      • david duncan

REAL ISSUE IS FABRICATING STORY THAT A FILM CAUSED ATTACK. THE ADM. HAD REALTIME VIDEO SHOWING TERRORISTS HITTING THE COMPOUND. OBAMA PUT THE FALSE STORY OUT THERE DAYS AFTER HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. IT IS INCONCIEVABLE WHEN OUTSIDERS WITHOUT BENEFIT OF THE VIDEO GOT IT RITE. THIS ISSUE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO NOT EXAMINE WHO KNEW WHAT AND WHEN THEY DID. BECAUSE OF THE FALSE NARATIVE PUSH BY THE ADM. EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT IT'S BAD . 1 THEY LIED . 2 THEY'RE TOTALY INCOMPENTENT [ CAN'T EVEN GET CRUCIAL INFO PASSED TO RITE PERSON. 3 THEY CAN'T ANALYSE A TERRORIST ATTACK WHEN SEEING IT IN REALTIME.

October 17, 2012 at 12:00 am |
  46. KCRick

1) "Fog of war" excuse may have worked in first 24 hours, but this cover-up went on for weeks. 2) In a war zone of a newly formed country, why isn't a squad of Marines protecting our embassy not some two-bit local securtiy force? 3) Where is the apology (media) to Romney, as it turns out, is comments were spot on?

October 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Reply
    • Dave

The media is pathetic. I've watched them closely over the past several years. They are unfair, biased and un professional.

October 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Reply
    • conrad

Other countries permit our embassies, but many don't allow the presence of our military and for good reason. There is more than 1 soveriegn nation in this world. Do you think that if there was a terrorist attack on the Chinese Embassy in NYC that we should allow the Chinese military to come here to protect it? It doesn't work like that.

The GOP are such a bunch of Chest Beating manly-man bullies who think we have a right to dominate all other people in the world. Get a clue ...

October 16, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Reply
      • Knocksomesense

I dont think people understand how much more complex it is to conduct an investigation in a foreign country. It takes time and information is not forthcoming. Whatever is initially surmised may not be correct. Hence the updates every few days about the facts. Please research before you act like you know how complicated this process is.

October 16, 2012 at 6:37 pm |
      • david duncan

YOU'RE RITE AGAIN, WE JUST BOMB THE CHINESE EMBASSY IN THE OLD YUGOS. [ CLINTON'S DEAL]. IN NYC. YOU MAYBE CORRECT. BUT WE HAVE ENOUGH OFFICERS TO STOP ATTACK ON THEIR EMBASSY. I FEEL YOU TO WRONG IN YOUR ASSERTION OTHER COUNTRIES NOT ALLOWING OUR MARINES TO GUARD OUR COUNTRY THE EMBASSY. MAKE CLEAR WE HAVE EVERY RITE TO BLOW UP ANYONE ATTACKING OUR COUNTRIES SOVEREIGN TERRITORY– ALL COUNTRIES HAVE SAME RITE. THAT'S WHY WE RESPECT THEIR TURF.

October 17, 2012 at 12:14 am |
    • L. Arnold

It was not an embassy. It was not an embassy. Got that? A squad of marines can't stop weapons launched from a mile or more away. What is this "cover up" business? Just exactly what do you all know for certain that the administration did not tell us? And who says we are all privvy to all of the facts all the time? Last–you should really find out the facts before you keep spouting this nonsense. We don' know all the facts yet. So just stop throwing around the idea that any one knows for cetain what happened yet. Really.

October 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Reply
      • Ryche

Fact is we knew 24 hours afterwards that it was an attack. Fact is eight days after we knew Obama was on TV saying that it was because of a movie.. Fact is rice was also on TV saying the exact same thing. Fact is because the movie was publicized so heavily 28 people died around the world because of riots. Are there any other facts you need?

October 16, 2012 at 8:58 pm |
      • david duncan

YOU DON'T FIRE RPGS IN AN URBAN SETTING FROM A MILE AWAY. HAD THE ADM. PAID ATTN. THEY COULD HAVE SENT THE REQUERSTED BACKUP. WHOSE TO SAY ,THAT THE ABSENCE OF MARINES WAS EXACTLY WHY THEY DID THE HIT. WHILE NOT TOTALY COWARDS THEY SEEM TO NEED HUGE ADVANTAGE TO ATTACK [ SUICIDE BOMBERS EXCLUDED]. QUITE MAKING EXCUSES FOR THIS CROWD - TESTIMONY IN FRONT OF CONGRESS EXPOSES THEIR MYTHES[ OR DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I DID ?].

October 17, 2012 at 12:23 am |
  47. anastasia

Reagan's scape goat was Oliver North, Obama's is Hilary- Hillary you made a big mistake joining the Obama team- I supported the Clinton Administration both times but 2008 and 2012 have been very tough election choices– The President is responsible for the blame- no matter what. If you Resign- run and hide until 2016.

October 16, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Reply
    • John

Why don't you quit whining lady? At least American kids are smart. They voted for the President. I think their Poll is better than Gallups or CNNs. Their Electoral map certainly looks like 2008's results. I think Romney and Ryan is in for a butt kicking in November. The Truth is about to smack the GOP in the face regardless of what these Pundits claim. At least American kids can see when somebody is lying. Out of the mouths of Babes. I'm getting tired of looking at Romney and Ryan, as well as the Tea Party.

October 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Reply
    • drake mallard

Under President Ronald Reagan America not only increased its involvement in the Middle East by supplying arms to both Iraq and Iran in their war against each other, but America stepped up its involvement in conflicts around the world, especially South America.In 1998 the CIA finally admitted to its involvement in drug trafficking in the United States after years of federal investigation by the Kerry Congressional Committee. What the CIA admitted to was allowing cocaine trafficking to take place by Contras who were being supported by the CIA, using facilities and resources supplied by the US government, and preventing investigation into these activities by other agencies. This was done because funds for the support of militant groups in South America had been withdrawn by Congress so the CIA allowed the Contras to engage in the drug trade in the United States in order to make money to fund their military operations. If you are wondering why this was not covered more widely in the news during the Clinton Administration it may be because Arkansas was one of the major trafficking centers for the operations

October 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Reply
      • dscon

quack.

October 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
      • david duncan

BELIEVING ANYTHING KERRY SAYES OR DOES IS FALLING DOWN CRAZY. KERRY MADE HIS POLITICAL "BONES" BY HAVING A VIETNAM VET. TESTIFY IN FRONT OF CONGRESS AS TO ATROCITIES DONE BY THE MILITARY. THE VET. SPOKE WITH 1ST PERSON ACCOUNTS. FACT WAS HE WAS NO VET. NOR WAS HE EVER IN VIETNAM. JUST LIKE THE STORIES OF KERRY'S MEDALS AND HIS ACTIONS IN THE ANTIWAR PROTEST MOVEMENT. MADE A BIG DEAL HAVING PIX TAKEN TOSSING HIS MEDALS OVER WH FENCE - PROBLEM WAS HE HAD HIS MEDAL PROUDLY DISPLAYED IN HIS SENATE OFFICE. ONCE YOU "LOOSE" A MEDAL YOU HAVE A PROTOCOL TO FOLLOW [ READ PAPER TRAIL ] OF WHICH NO EVIDENCE WAS FOULD KERRY FOLLOWED IT. LAME STORY KERRY PUT FORTH HE TOSSED ANOTHER'S MEDAL WAS NEVER VERIFIED.

October 16, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
  48. California

Hussein Obama, Ignorace is no excuse.

October 16, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Reply
    • bam

racist ignorant is u. ooops i spelled it right

October 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Reply
      • California

Please explain to us all how my post is racist.

Is not Hussein His name? Of course it is. If you have a problem with his middle name that's YOUR problem not mine.

October 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
      • Brian Alger

Racial.. using his middle name, why do you prefer to use the middle name? Is it inciting the kind of ugly cultural fear that you prefer with your obvious negative tone on this president. This presidents name is Barack Hussein Obama, but if you are going to leave off the first name, are you not trying to incite negative reaction from your fellow protectionist friends? Do you call Bill Clinton, Jefferson Clinton. Show some respect, this is an election and a sitting president not the republican convention where delegates were stripped of their freedom to speak if they chose Ron Paul. The republican party has crashed and is burning.

October 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
      • California

Brian Alger – As I've stated before if you have a problem with his middle name that's YOUR problem not mine.

Maybe it's your own racism that's showing through. Something to think about.

October 16, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
      • WhatNow

Brian...Thank you. It's nice to see that some people can maintain a respect for the Office of the President.

California, while you are tossing out factual information, maybe you should include that the Presidents first name is Barack, he is a christian and he is half white.

October 16, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
      • Ryche

Don't liberals call Bush, W. Hypocrites

October 16, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
    • TeshaG.

No one has a problem with his name but no one is stupid either. You know full well why you are calling him by his middle name. Since no one here has a problem with their name....what is yours?

So tired of Internet Gangsters

October 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Reply
    • conrad

You know full well why your statement is being called out ... stop acting dumb and take responsibility for your words. If you don't like him because of his race/ethnic background be a man and admit it.

October 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Reply
  49. fiftyfive55

If Hillary TRULY takes responsibility,she will resign otherwise her claiming responsibility that cost people ,under her protection,their lives, will be just another white house joke on us.

October 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Reply
    • D. Miller, MBA

She do not need to resigned.. She have done a great job!!! Accidents happen to great people.

October 16, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Reply
    • conrad

Get real man ... our Ambassadors know the risks of being in unstable countries ... and given that our military isn't permitted there ... there is very little we could have done to prevent the attack. Stop with the pathetic witch hunt it's tiresome.

October 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Reply
  50. California

Clinton: I’m responsible for diplomats’ security

CORRECTION, YOU AND OBAMA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEATHS.

October 16, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Reply
    • bam

and bush is responsible for 911 deaths and 5000+ deaths in Iraq....

October 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Reply
      • Nodack

5000 American deaths and over 200,000+ Iraqi deaths based on lies and fabrications and yet not one Republican cared then and even re-elected Bush. Now terrorists attack our embassy and kill some Americans and Rublicans want a full Congrsssional investigation, impeachment and blame the deaths quarterly on Obama because they "care" so much about those innocent deaths.

Please, I'm not buying their baby tears for a second. This is all politics.

October 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
      • drake mallard

paul ryan is not pro life people

I voted for the Iraq War" because it was the right thing to do.

4,487 US Soldiers Killed, 32,223 Seriously Wounded

Casualties of the Iraq War Civilian deaths

Year Civilian deaths
        2003 12,087
        2004 11,152
        2005 15,491
        2006 28,225
        2007 25,063
        2008 9,385
        2009 4,713
        2010 4,045
        2011 4,087

October 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  51. jsmoulder

In 2008 Hillary told Obama the BUCK stops in the White House.

October 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Reply
  52. Herbert Walden

The correct thing to do is Hillary needs to resign, she was involved in deaths of four people, Obama is in charge and is in the loop, so let the chips fall, see if Billy can talk this out for you Obama.

October 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Reply
    • cm46

Why don't you wait for the investigation to be completed? It would seem to be the only mature thing to do.
      DId you ask Bush to resign when he was the cause of 1000s to die?
      Do you have knowledge of exactly what the Ambassador requested of whom?
      Perhaps a mistake was made but perhaps not.

October 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Reply
      • Sean O' hAirtnéada

Agree with cm46. And in my opinion Mrs. H. Clinton is a highly professional. She said the right thing.

October 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  53. California

DEMOCRATS WHINE ABOUT REPUBLICANS PLAYING POLITICS WITH THIS THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND OBVIOUSLY ARE PLAYING POLITICS WITH THIS.

THE HYPOCRISY IS WELL OVER KNEE DEEP.

October 16, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Reply
    • bam

u mad bro?
      racist much?

October 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Reply
      • California

YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE THAT SCREAM RACIST FOR LITERALLY NO REASON.

YOUR KIND MAKE PATHETIC LOOK GOOD.

October 16, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • Nodack

CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK. I LIKE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS THROUGH TEXT BECAUSE IT MAKES OT LOOK MORE IMPORTSNT.

BUSH MURDERED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS INTENTIONALLY BASED ON LIES AND FABRICATIONS AND HOW MANY REPUBLICANS CARED ONE TINY LITTLE BIT? NONE OF THEM CARED ONE TINY LITTLE BIT. THEY EVEN RE-ELECTED BUSH AND MADE A SIGN THAT SAID MISSION OCCOMPLISHED.

NOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT SOMEONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES RIGHT IN TIME FOR THE ELECTION?

October 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Reply
      • California

I had plenty to complain about with Bush but the simple fact is Bush isn't running for president. This administration STILL can't accept the facts of this situation. Either that OR it's purely political which is what I say it is.

This is worse than Watergate, it's BENGHAZI-GATE.

October 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
      • patches

Stop being so blind. See my other post on Iraq. Look up the definition of "Leader." which we haven't had for the past 4 years. ....and I'm so sick of hearing the word racist just because someone has a different opinion or can post a truthful article. Obama has done nothing but divide this country and its citizens over the past 4 years. We need to work together for the good of our country and stop all this fighting between us. Obama has put such a wedge between neighbors and even family members with his blame game. It's ridiculous. I have never, ever seen such hate in all my years..

October 16, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  54. California

SORRY HILLARY WE'RE NOT BUYING IT. TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.

HUSSEIN OBAMA IT'S YOUR FAULT THIS TIME.

October 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Reply
    • NYNJCT

SORRY HILLARY! you are now NOT COMMAND-IN-CHIEF in the USA. I agree that you and Barack Hussane Obama who have supported a huge funds to Muslim countries including HAMA'S GROUP ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEATHS.

October 16, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Reply
    • bam

sorry racist. u mad bro?

October 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Reply
    • Brian Alger

More of your racial slurs. While you are busy arguing Obama should be trialed for one small attack, what excuse to you give to the thousands of americans who died under Bush's watch and the million middle easterners. There are probably tens of thousands of Husseins who were killed, along with 4000 service men because of the war on terror Bush started. But you'r so quick to try to kick down the one president who has kept us from starting wars while getting us out of the ones we were in. You keep arguing you are not racist, but keep talking like a racist. You act like an ignorant person, I have a racial term for you... It Chinese for "That."

October 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Reply
      • California

Scream racist much ignorant lib?

October 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  55. alienmom

f.carter...did you miss your school bus today?

October 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Reply
  56. Rich Parks

Clinton is just doing what all SoS's do, every issue doesn't cross the presidents desk, those who complain like McCain probably don't know where his own teeth are in the morning let alone whose guarding what all over the world, McCain should just worry about his big picture issues like GOP cutting funding for this sort or support. The SoS's are always the more immediate responsible party, always have been. Now thoe wishing to make political hay in the silly season, say Bengasi asked for more security, yes minor security additions in Tripoli not this specific outlying post. I guess what you need to do on every election year on or about Sept 11th is to bury all diplomats in a safe room for 2 weeks. Its the silly season for politics and the terrorists know they get maximum coverage now. How do you strategize against terrorism it has no boundaries, and is based on hit them where they ain't, while the keep you checking shoes, underwear, and dandruff at airports ever after they hit you where you ain't. Terrorism Is waged as a battle of paranoia, and expense based attrition. MC Cain just helps fuel their basic tenants.

October 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Reply
    • ronnie

Did all of you sitting at home blogging about how "Hillary, Obama and Biden are so pure and NOT RESPONSBLE for Libya or anything else, they are just wonderful people and Republicans are so terrible, all they want is war" receive your welfare checks this week? I thought so. Excuse me, I have to go back to work so you can spout nonsense.

October 16, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Reply
    • Concerned

What I know only comes from the press. And what I understand from the news is that the Ambassador was killed after embassy security fought with the attacker for several hours after 10 PM Bangazzi time. The State department was monitoring the situation real time and saw the attack unfold. Ambassador Stevens was killed outside of the Consulate in a car several hours later. The first reaction we got from the WH was to link his killing to the infamous film and riots.

If Clinton is the source of this reaction, then she why did she not know what her States department knew that there was no riot and not pass this information to the WH. And this reasoning went on for more the 3 weeks, causing more destructive riot around the Islam world.

Granted, the Secretary of State is not responsible for all the minor detail within the States Department. However when something like this happen, isn’t it her responsibility to get to the truth as soon as possible and brief the president?

And of course, the president bought what was given to him. Hopefully he will explain the discrepancies during the following debates or press conference.

Anyway, It is the silly season. When something like this happen, how is this not political when the election is around the corner when the president and his admiration’s job is on the line?

October 16, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Reply
      • ghostriter

It could be because just about EVERYONE thought it was connected to the video. Wasn't there several other protests going on that day? Didn't Romney say the president should have stood up for our freedom of speech and not sympathize with the perps?

October 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
  57. mat

Funny how the left keeps saying Romney wants to go to war. Now what exactly was Obama doing WITHOUT congressional approval attacking Libya in the 1st place? Doublethink is alive and well in the democrat party. Drink up.

October 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Reply
    • Paul

Romney will go to war in Iran and Syria...he has made that very clear. Stop living in denial

October 16, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Reply
  58. ghostriter

Only you conservatives can see political schemes and conspiracy theories in democrats while ignoring the obvious schemes and machinations going on with republicans.

But we get it. You guys have to paint Obama as extreme. It works to inflame the base and give you guys an excuse to try and push whatever crazy, fact-less story you want to push. Conservatives (read: low information voters) are thrilled to jump at anything, regardless of how many times it is fact checked and rated (Get that B_S outta here).

The father of one of the slain has stated that it would be a shame for his child's death to become politicized. The mother of the man who Romney took the rather opportunistic moment to mention he had met, said she didn't trust Romney on this. Way to stay classy, republicans. Conservatives, continue to foam at the mouth. We still need some comedy in cycle.

October 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Reply
    • Howard

When Hillary decided to hitch her wagon to the Obama regime, she actually made a deal with the devil. Now, in order to preserve her 2016 chances at a Presidential run, she has to throw herself on the sword, and protect Obama, so she doesn't go down with the Obama sinking ship. Obama's M.O. has, and is having those around him take the blame for HIS screw ups. This time, since his finger prints are all over the weapon, hopefully, he wont' get away with it ... and, America will replace him with a leader of honesty, character, and integrity. Romney / Ryan 2012

October 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Reply
      • ghostriter

Yes, Romney is a character. The rest of your statement is an opinion. We like to deal less in opinion and more in facts.

October 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • freedom

@ ghost There are also two other families of the slain victims pleading on national television for the Obama administration to tell them how their sons were murdered. This administration hasn't even dignified them with the truth. The only conspiracies you're seeing are coming from the White House. We are outraged citizens of this country reacting to the incompetency, neglect, and disgrace of our president.
      @ Howard – totally agree with you.

October 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Reply
      • danielinaz

What is it that those families don't know? They know HOW their kids were murdered. The buildings caught fire and there was a gun fight. The rest is just political posturing by the families.

October 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
      • ghostriter

Please. We know how they died. What we should be trying to figure out is how to stop it from happening again. Instead, republicans want to try to hang something on the President. Otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about "why did they tell us something different" and focusing on why those requests were not honored.

And again, we were told 3 different reasons as to why we should go into Iraq. Conservatives bought all 3, without question. So please, lose the "holier than thou" speeches. You guys cared nothing for the folks that died in 9/11 or the ones that died since. Unless it makes for a great political speech (Mitt's knowing one of the slain) or photo ops (all republicans, including Guilianni).

October 16, 2012 at 3:31 pm |
      • freedom

No, the families do not know what kind of torture their sons were subjected to on that horrific night. You need to read many news sources, including the Libyan Free Press, to get the full story. Some news agencies are hiding the facts. These families have tried to contact the administration and have received no answers. Why was our president in Las Vegas at a campaign rally the very night that this attack in Benghazi happened?? This is the outrage. Whatever you want to say about any other president, they weren't in front of a cheering crowd during an international crisis.

October 16, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
    • ignorance

So, if this was to happen under a Republican president, you would be alright and would not be asking questions??

October 16, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Reply
      • ghostriter

I find it hard to believe many of these same republicans had ZERO questions when something WORSE happened under a republican president. I remember them calling the democrats questions a "witch hunt". I remember Condi Rice admitting that Bush was personally aware that an attack on US soil was imminent. I remember being called a traitor and not a real American if I did ask questions about the Bush administration.

October 16, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
      • drake mallard

Do you recall when our — back in the ’80s when the barracks in Lebanon was hit

then over 200 Marines were killed, did Ronald Reagan go to war? No, he got us the hell out of there. And that’s where I stand on this. If these people don’t want us over there, let’s close our embassies,

October 16, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  59. Mike

I give her no credit for waiting a month to admit she is the failure. A month of lies, speculation, intel leaking, reporter houdning investigations finally did her in, just like Bill.

October 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Reply
  60. Sikeli

"Clinton said President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions." They what the heck does she report to him when they have cabinet meetings??? Her lunch menu? They should be involved! Either it is a lie, or serious dysfunctionality in the White House.

October 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Reply
    • hv19006

Diidn't realize Obama actually went to those meetings

October 16, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Reply
  61. JohnS

The recent lies and poor leadership Barry has shown prove he is not only unfit, but dangerous for the office of POTUS. Considering State was monitoring the action IN REAL TIME, it is NOT credible that a week later the POTUS did not know the truth, yet he continued to lie and even give a false speech at the UN. This, IMHO, make him no different than Castro or Chavez(coincidentally also Marxists) who rant and make false accusations at the UN. If, by some impossible chance he truly DID NOT know(oh had convinced himself) otherwise is an even MORE frightening a possibility.

October 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Reply
    • ghostriter

So what you are saying is that the government, who many say repeatedly can't do anything right, that took 5 days to get water to Katrina victims, can't have possibly got some bad intel?

October 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Reply
    • ronnie

You are right More than this, where is the media in all this? Covering up Obama/Biden's responsibility as fast as they can. Other can Fox News, all of them have been dragged kicking and screaming into the discussion and now they are helping throw Hillary under the bus. As first lady (using that word advisedly) she never liked the military so I can see her ignoring any requests for help. But to say the commander in chief and second in command knew nothing of the situation in Libya is not credible. And if they didn't, then we have no one in charge in Washington and we need to kick them all out as soon as possible–before election day if possible.

October 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Reply
  62. freedom

The responsibility lies with the Commander-in-Chief, period. He failed. And to hear her say "such an attack will never happen again" is outrageous. It never should have happened in the first place. It was 9/11 for God sakes! How was our president not prepared for possible attacks – and after warnings! He was in Las Vegas! And the only ones politicizing this are the Obama administration. They cant' spin this. Our ambassador and other servicemen were murdered – there's nothing political about that.

October 16, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Reply
    • Rita

You are really out there. Get real will you. So, President Bush certainly said that "such an attack will never happen again" around 9/11.. should that ever have happened in the first place? Thought not!

We are at war. Have been for some 10+ years. Do not forget that. And maybe try to remember that when we are under attack, we Americans are suppose to stand together. Not focus, for once, on winning elections. Make me sick to my stomach.

October 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Reply
    • John

It is political when you look at the people criticizing. Issa, Chaffet, Romney, Ryan and even John McCain. Who was Bush's communications person in Iraq? Then you have Dick Cheney on the attack. Either America believes the current Administration or these characters that went on the World stage and claimed there was WMDs in Iraq. The same group that approved of Torture.

The same guy on the 47percent video. The same group that now supports a guy that claims rape is not rtape. The same guy that misrepresented his rwelatiomship with the navy seal that was killed. A guy pretending he was washing dishes at a community service. The same person that claimed President Obama shut down a plant in Janesville Wisconsin. The same person Vice President Biden exposed receiving Stinulus money in his district and lied about it. They still repeat the lies about the 716 million dollars after the media called them om it. I can go on. So why should any American believe this gang now?

October 16, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  63. chowching259

There was no responsibility taken by the White House for the violent protest that led to the death of four Americans. The video degrading the Prophet Muhammad must take full blame. Riots in Pakistan followed the news about the Libyan protests which caused 50 deaths. Muslims are not angry at America only the producers of the Blasphemy.

October 16, 2012 at 11:41 am | Reply
    • JohnS

Hey, Chow, Didn't you mother ever tell you that "Sticks and Stones Can Break My Bones But Names Will Never Hurt Me"? Freedom means anyone can say about anything they want and you only have to ignore it. A TRUE BELIEVER would not care what the ignorant say and just feel sorry for them and ignore them. NO SPEECH JUSTIFIES MURDER AND CHAOS. It is only a violent, uncivilized culture that riots, causes violence and murders over mere words. This is also why no honest productive diplomacy or negotiations can be successful. This leaves few courses of action and no popular ones.

October 16, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Reply
    • John

That is where you are wrong. America has it's extremists also. That video came from our religious extremists because of our freedom of speech. That is what our Adminuistration tried to explain to your country. The government we have now is pretty good in relations to the World compared to the last Administration. You don't want to see Mitt Romney or Paul Ryam at the helm. They remind me of a certain Rightwing Party in the 1940s. It is a Party which is not diverse and attacks diversity. They have similar traits to this Party and strangely that same Party's rise to power included their hatred of Socialism. They thought in some way they were superior in race and others were just misfits. I suggest people take a good look at the rise of the Third Reich. Romney is trying to get elected by lying. The people voting for him are ignoring the most important trait for a leader. That trait is honesty. Neither Romney or Paul Ryan has that trait.

October 16, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Reply
      • patches

@ John: Uh, think again about the 1940s Presidents. They were ALL DEMOCRATS. Better bone up on some history. You're not doing a very good job on your own.

October 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • Bulldog8

They (Muslims) were mad about an obscure movie depicting a man that wrote a book. This justified violent protests and killing. Trying to reason with them (Muslims) is as pointless and futile as arguing across these discussion boards. Do you think that Christians would revolt and show up in-mass with RPG's over a youtube video depicting their savior? Get a clue.

October 16, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Reply
  64. JT

This is Obama's administration.... this is HIS watch. He is an inept president.... this is why he will not get re-elected.

October 16, 2012 at 11:35 am | Reply
    • f. carter

say JT are you leaving the country if he gets reelected ? what date and what flt and what country to see your big ass on the flt, and wave good by!

October 16, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply
    • Rita Yates

This is political suicide for Hillary. This weakens her chance to be President in 2016. I cannot believe she took the fall for a President that has failed in every way.

October 16, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
      • May

Ha, I think you are super silly on this. Why in any way would it be political suicide to step up and take responsibility. Clinton is a phenomenal asset to all of us in this country. She is honest and she has balls. Can you think of once that she has flip-flopped? Thought not!

Now, the Administration dealt with a massively difficult situation, errors were made - at least no new war was started or more American lives put in harms way; This was a terror attack. We in America are suppose to stand together in the face of war, attack and resisting our enemy. Forgot that?

October 16, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
      • JuJuBee

May – that was a good point. I wish Hilary would have won the nomination in 2008. Much rather have a President that is secure enough to not point fingers and claim "we didn't know"....

October 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
      • freedom

@ Rita Totally agree with you – Hilary's reputation is deeply scarred now. This will come back to haunt her in 2016.

October 16, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
      • Jimlaee

Her goose isn't cooked. Plenty out there who don't have a problem with someone answering the phone in the middle of the night who is known to sit and cry when things don't go her way. She doesn't lie. She mis-speaks. Saying you take responsibility and taking responsibility are not the same thing. Couldn't be trying to cover up a political blunder now, could she?

October 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • cm46

Obama is the most competent president of this decade. His foreign policy has been thoughtful and he has tried to avoid getting us entangled in everyone's civil war. As I travel around the world, Mr. Obama has a much more positive image than Mr. Bush who seemed to be disliked by even the man on the street in Turkey, in Chile, in India.

October 16, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Reply
    • bam

YET bush got re-elected after a terrorist attack in Manhatten taking down the twin towers then invading Iraq killing another 5000+ americans.....

October 16, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  65. Bettyuann

Republicans are celebrating death as a victory. What did they win?

October 16, 2012 at 11:30 am | Reply
    • StreetWise

@Bettyuaan; Not always do the Republicans celebrate death... they celebrate unemployment, an economy in collapse, forecloses, bankrupts, etc. etc. etc. Remember the Neo/Tea is the party of NO!

October 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Reply
  66. JohnnyBlade

I've never seen someone so quick to blame other for his failures, than Obama.

October 16, 2012 at 11:26 am | Reply
    • John

Only someone who thinks Obama is a Muslim or born in Kenya will say this. That is practically a huge portion of the current Republican Party. Your Party has went off the Deep End. I'm voting against your Party because I think they are dangerous for the entire World with the kinda military we possess. When you got people who want to control people's rights and a Republican Party like yours, Then the alarm system needs to go off for every other American. Your Party is surrounded with Bush neocons which is dangerous. General Colin Pawell needs to do his duty and speak up if he loves this country. His loyalty should be to this country first and not to his Party. the Republican party ios full of racists and religious extremists.

October 16, 2012 at 11:41 am | Reply
      • Joseph Karp

There is no question that Hillary is offering herself up. If Obama looses she is out of action for four years (while she may run in 2016). Hillary, if you recall used to refer to the incident where she dodged sniper fire in Bosnia! Politics does drive people to represent themselves for what is expedient.

Without knowing the exact number of National Security Council meetings he has not attended this year and prior, Obama does create for himself a weak position concerning the level of information he takes in from his staff. Someone should send the President and Hillary Clinton the exact number of NSC meetings he has missed and then demand a response that he is protecting the country's interest. I am an independent, but this recent episode in BEngazi and follwing Hillary commnts, has finally pushed me in the opposite direction.

October 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
      • john

john good for you vote who you want to, no one cares. So sick of listening to you idiot libs. Blah Blah Blah extreme blah blah. Fact this was obamas big foreign policy win. Now look and its not the fact smeone was killed its the immediate cover up. All they said on msnbc was romney shot from the hip then aimed. Now those loser pos's wont even talk about this. We are not stupid and sick of listening to you people I

October 16, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • bam

foxnews quickness

October 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Reply
  67. bmault

I do not think that the President nor the Secretary State are the first in line to review the security of our overseas facilities. I assume that this responsibility falls somewhere down the chain. Mrs. Clinton is obviously taking one for the team. An investigation certainly needs to be conducted. The White House should have said nothing before getting the facts. But lets remember that we are hated in the Arab world and no amount of security is going to prevent us from being attacked but these terrorist groups. The best we can hope for is to stop as many as we can until these people the Arab world says enough is enough and puts these people out of business.

October 16, 2012 at 11:25 am | Reply
    • f. carter

look here silly who made you general?

October 16, 2012 at 11:31 am | Reply
    • Hmmm....

If Obama had to lie and cover it up – Why?

October 16, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
    • Cacodoxic Exploitation

The reason those people in that part of the world hate us westerner's is cause they know the truth about how the Ultra Secret United States Government has used and abused them as living human cadavers in developing the CIA RMS Psychic Visual Mk Ultra Bionic to metaphysical telencephalization for the last forty years and they know the suicide bombers are the product of it. George Bush calls it Project Echelon and Mocking Bird cause it psychically and sonicly exacerbates people into coming up in arms against us so that the bush Illuminati can profit in the hundreds of billions of U.S. dollars from the wars it causes. Bush calls that being an echelon (Thats what Asama Bin Laden was, Bush's Patsy Echelon always leading to war and that's why bush wasn't all to concerned in catching him) . Please Vote Democrat People so Romney won't have any chance of doing it all over again merely for the commerce of it all. Republican's want wars to profit from while the rest of us get screwed. TIME TO GET REAL WISDOM AND REALIZE THE REPUBLICAN'S ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND MASS MURDERS EVEN ONTO THEIR OWN PEOPLE THAT ARE USING LIARS AND CHEATS FOR PAROMOLOGIST'S THAT USE CACODOXIC WAR MONGER ENGINEERING TO CAUSE WAR'S FOR THEM TO PROFIT FROM.

October 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Reply
    • Cacodoxic Exploitation

The reason those people in that part of the world hate us westerner's is cause they know the truth about how the Ultra Secret United States Government has used and abused them as living human cadavers in developing the CIA RMS Psychic Visual Mk Ultra Bionic to metaphysical telencephalization for the last forty years and they know the suicide bombers are the product of it. George Bush calls it Project Echelon and Mocking Bird cause it psychically and sonicly exacerbates people into coming up in arms against us so that the bush Illuminati can profit in the hundreds of billions of U.S. dollars from the wars it causes. Bush calls that being an echelon (Thats what Asama Bin Laden was, Bush's Patsy Echelon always leading to war and that's why bush wasn't all to concerned in catching him) . Please Vote Democrat People so Romney won't have any chance of doing it all over again merely for the commerce of it all. Republican's want wars to profit from while the rest of us get screwed. TIME TO GET REAL WISDOM AND REALIZE THE REPUBLICAN'S ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND MASS MURDERS EVEN ONTO THEIR OWN PEOPLE THAT ARE USING LIARS AND CHEATS. ALL THE WHILE THE REPUBLICAN WAR MACHINE USES LIEING CHEATING PAROMOLOGIST'S THAT USE CACODOXIC WAR MONGER ENGINEERING TO CAUSE WAR'S FOR THEM TO PROFIT FROM.

October 16, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  68. Kirk m.

Susan charla, and lu, do you believe the gulf war was a good dea, this is the single most contributing factor in our economical demise, you act like gulf war never happened, they led us to war predicated on a known lie that cost us trillions of dollars, and our pres, and vice pres, made billions for their companies, i would tthink that is a bigger offense, but im sure you dont agree, romney will have us back @ war, with no money, and a depleted aarmy, your a frggin genius. wait and see how youu feel supporting a war that wont end becausse its goodbusiness, the repubs love thoughtless idiots like you, mitt is a proven draft dodger and a tax cheat, explain wht he wont show tax returns, and then tell me how much you really believe it? i

October 16, 2012 at 11:19 am | Reply
    • Cacodoxic Exploitation

You need to be more clear about how George H. W. Bush's, G.W.B and Cheney's Illuminati conspiracy to streamline and fabricate multiple wars into play by using Ultra secret government communications of Mk Ultra psychic visual operations of mutually assured distruction through artificial intelligence via the CIA project mockingbird and project echelon to exacerbate the global populate into hating the United States and the people of it. you need to write your comment's to be more clear about who the real culprit of all the chaos in the world is and who stands to profit from it all. both Bush cabinet 's ought to be thrown in the brig for hundreds and thousands of counts of Mutiny and treason not to mention mass murder and the conspiracy of it all through out the last 40 years.

October 16, 2012 at 11:44 am | Reply
  69. Cacodoxic Exploitation

What a sap!, she says this as if she was the naive person that posted all the live streaming web pages telling the Libyan people that the United States Ambassador (Chris Steven's) was going to Americanize their eastern country which is full of people who hate American's. Chris Stevens didn't only get him self killed he also got three of his cronies killed. it's not Hilary's fault. I don't mean to sound bad but the truth needs to be heard. the media and news groups lie to streamline war into play so George Bush's and soon to be Romney's Illuminati can reap billion's of U.S. Dollars from their perduellious private defense manufacturers and private defense contractors.

October 16, 2012 at 11:13 am | Reply
  70. NOTADEMOCRAT

Obama is responsible for the way the White House has tried to cover this up and to manage it in a way that suggested it was not anything to do with 9/11, that it was not anything to do with a planned attack with heavy weapons. Obama is also responsible for the secretary of state not providing appropriate security, that buck stops at the president.

October 16, 2012 at 11:10 am | Reply
    • f. carter

Wow! you smart, do you work for the CIA or for wal mart?

October 16, 2012 at 11:34 am | Reply
  71. joe

after reading most of these comments it seems most are not very informed and don't really care anyway. If they have an excuse to blame the president and the administration thats all they want. It is a shame that people like this actually get to vote better the 47% vote the ones that mittens dismissed than the imbicels that seem to stay lock step in tune with the party line of the far right. Obvious thay have no clue how government works and don't care to learn. Info comes from fox news and rush. Education is the key but under republican rule little will be spent keeping the repo masses ignorant for another generation.

October 16, 2012 at 11:08 am | Reply
    • RealityBites

$8 TRILLION dollars added to our childrens debt since the Democrats took control of congress in 2006
      $1.2 TRILLION dollars added this year alone.
      $3 BILLION dollars of debt added each day.

That's clearly how the goverment works while progressive socialists are in charge of America's pocket book.

October 16, 2012 at 11:22 am | Reply
      • ??????????

It is inevitable that when you are the "World Police' , you are going to have fatalities. To suggest that no one will ever die is ridiculous. This would be a nonissue if it were not for the elections.

October 16, 2012 at 11:27 am |
      • John

To RealityBites, you still are barking up the wrong tree with deceit. Take a look at your claim again and add in the two Bush Wars and taxcuts that President Obama wants to end. If Candy Crowly and the rightwing propaganda machine want specifics, then add that to your deficit which will end period. That is some downsizing your Party don't like, now is it?

October 16, 2012 at 11:29 am |
      • RealityBites

A terror attack we can expect.
        Covering a terror attack by repeatedly saying its a spontaious democratic protest, and increases violence in the process, should be criminal.

October 16, 2012 at 11:34 am |
      • f. carter

Good! now don't you think it's time for you to go to work at burger King

October 16, 2012 at 11:36 am |
      • bob

No one likes a crybay, so stifle.

It takes a LOT of money to fix 8 years of Repuke screw ups.

October 16, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
      • Hmmm....

4 years of blaming Bush – and all Obama should have done is what he said he would do. Iraq – out on Bush's timeline, Afghanistan – out on Bushes timeline, Obama could have ended the Bush tax cuts twice and didn't, Not even democrats would vote for Obama's budget plan. More debt – more welfare – where is all the promises he made on his last election? I voted for him but he is a BIG disappointment and what's to say he'll do better the next 4?

October 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • RealityBites

In a May 3, 2012, email, the State Department denied a request by a group of Special Forces assigned to protect the U.S. embassy in Libya to continue their use of a DC- 3 airplane for security operations throughout the country.

Four days later, on May 7, the State Department authorized the U.S. embassy in Vienna to purchase a $108,000 electric vehicle charging station for the embassy motor pool’s new Chevrolet Volts. The purchase was a part of the State Department’s “Energy Efficiency Sweep of Europe” initiative, which included hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars on green program expenditures at various U.S. Embassies and billed as “Celebrating the Greening of the Embassy.”

That;s how government works under progressive socialists....

October 16, 2012 at 11:29 am | Reply
      • f. carter

your silly!

October 16, 2012 at 11:37 am |
      • Hmmm....

Well somebody had to buy those volts.

October 16, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
      • Thomas

sounds smart. and wow, so we use government money (that previously was largely invested in the defense industry) to stabilize and grow private business employing US Americans. Brilliant. you see the cost of an automobile employee vs. say a plant employee building bombers is pretty "riveting"...do the math. Brilliant.

October 16, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
  72. davidfarrar

Ha! Ha! Ha! Now they are saying it was only "rhetorical responsibility" Clinton is accepting over at the Daily Caller.

ex animo
    davidfarrar

October 16, 2012 at 11:03 am | Reply
    • f. carter

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA your silly ass, get a live silly

October 16, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply