Former special forces officers slam Obama over leaks on bin Laden killing
A video from a group of ex-Navy SEALs and special forces officers accuses President Obama of leaking classified information.
August 16th, 2012

Former special forces officers slam Obama over leaks on bin Laden killing

By Dugald McConnell and Brian Todd

A web video featuring former special forces officers accuses President Barack Obama of taking too much credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and allowing classified information about the raid to become public.

The ad also includes former Navy SEALs.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Military • Navy SEALs • Obama • Osama bin Laden
  1. Ware

As a soldier everyone knows that the Commander in Chief (President) is ultimately in charge of everything the military does, good and bad. SEAL Team Six would have never achieved the success it did had it not been for the decisive decision of the President. When using a National asset (SEAL Team 6), the president holds the go, no-go card…not a military commander. So, it was because of the president’s actions that we killed Osama. Ronald Regan is presented as having defeated the Russian’s but I never saw him in a military uniform fighting them.

August 17, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Reply
  2. ramona gates

I emailed CNN and told them I would not watch the interview and I didn't. I have seen the ad and it is disgusting. That CNN would stoop this low and give voice to these republican operatives whose offices are next to the republican strategy offices. Makes one question the motivation for CNN to know this and still air it.
    I told CNN if they continue to air this again I would not watch their network anymore

August 17, 2012 at 9:41 am | Reply
    • Willetta

If you do that how will CNN be held accountable. Stay engaged PLEASE.
      I AGREE : “OFFICER” lying, President using, “I, I, I" President SAID "We," THERE IS NO PROOF OF ANY LEAKS!
      Romney camp advertises LIES. Obama advertises truths! TV media likes to report anything without fact checks. That is how we know reporters are getting paid for telling news that suits them. We must stay engaged and tell them when theyare making the discourse worse and paying reporters too much!
      Brian Todd That half truth CNN reported is the same as a lie, you were paid to much for that lie!

August 19, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Reply
  3. TrueGrissel

I think the other site was shut down, story comes up but the comment section is gone. Is it me or dicqus or CNN?

August 16, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Reply
  4. OffTheWorldPolitics

I can not take credit away from Obama for his role in killing Bin Laden. However, his role is dwarfed by the that of the Seal team Six (who wish to remain unnamed). Obama's role is also relatively small thanks to Shakil Afridi, The doctor that facilitated the raid that killed Bin Laden. We Americans exert more effort to prevent convicted criminals from being executed than helping out the most significant player in the capture of Bin Laden. FREE Shakil Afridi NOW!!! HE IS A HERO TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!

August 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  5. Sodomite

Well, of course Obama plays it to the hilt. As he should. Does anyone really believe that a Republican president would play it different? Damn right they'd do the same thing. As they should.

August 16, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  6. majorthreat

Jeez who cares. I like how they are out of the service to start talking all bad about the president. All the facts arent in yet and here they go. I bet when they were in as NCO's their Soldiers did something great and walla it was shown on their NCOER"s. So didnt you in a way take credit for something you didnt do. Thats the way it works in the military and they know that. You can hypothesize until the cows come home that leaking information will get future Operatives killed but know one knows that. Most of the info is open source anyway so relax. You have did your job so stop trying to use this as a stepping stone to your political career.

August 16, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Reply
  7. saeed

funny this should come up it wasent iran that harboured bin landen or syria it was pakistan.

August 16, 2012 at 9:06 am | Reply