July 22nd, 2012

Colorado governor: In a funny way, this guy is a terrorist

Just hours after the shooting spree in Colorado, federal authorities said they did not see any connection to terrorism. But as is often the case in these incidents, the definition of terrorist is maleable. In an interview with Candy Crowley on CNN's State of the Union, the governor of Colorado raised the question of whether the shooter should be considered a terrorist:

HICKENLOOPER: No. I was talking - I mean, I think that the political will come, but at this point, you know, in a funny way, this guy is a terrorist, right. He wasn't a terrorist in the sense of politics, but for whatever twisted reasons that we can barely even imagine, he wanted to create terror all right. He wanted to put fear in people's lives.

And for so many of us, movies are one of the places that we find solace and get away from the life. And it is hot in the summer and the movie theater is cool, and when it is freezing in the winter, the movie theater is warm. You get to get outside of your daily life. We can't let him take that away from us, right. My chief of staff, her daughter organized 20 kids last night all in the early 20s to go see "Batman" just to make - to drive a stake in the ground to say, listen we are not going to be terrorized, right, we're not going to accept that. We are - we're not going let that happen.

Post by:
Filed under: Living With Terror
  1. bendy

WHAT THE F*k. Not a terrorist? HE WENT INTO A MOVIE THEATER AND KILLED MANY PEOPLE. THEN PLEADED INSANITY AND WE SAW FIRST HAND HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUT JUDICIAL SYSTEM. JUST PLEAD INSANE AND YOU ARE SCOTT FREE 50 PERCENT OF THE TIME. It did create terror in my mind along with millions of other Americans. My girlfriend wouldn't go to a movie for 3 months. THAT IS TERROR. Now when you get your bloody head out of the dirt like a bloody ostrich, and realize you don't have to be Middle eastern to create terror. I thought you were above Fox News. just lost a lot of interest for the art of journalism.

April 20, 2013 at 1:51 am | Reply
    • bendy

ha wait I just realized it was a Governor who spoke those words. My apologies to the journalist at CNN. You are way above Fox News and always will be. But come on Gov. I am about to go to a university in your state. I don't want to be disappointed. It would be cool to meet with you and talk about that kind of stuff.

April 20, 2013 at 1:55 am | Reply
  2. Jlgcsuvkvf

qbdflhg コーチ 財布 wfrmuyu czsqimx コーチ アウトレット zfqgtjr kctoowr コーチ アウトレット gcqqcvc rfqyecg http://www.mycoachsale.com/ kohrwil jpssgag コーチ アウトレット hshklrh hwcwcpc コーチ アウトレット hiiitgx ylaojwq コーチ バッグ dklnhbk hoitibh http://www.coachsaletome.com/ trgvoen xtlqfqj コーチ アウトレット sclvmsm pgzuvst コーチ アウトレット oapmogg czvpmnf コーチ アウトレット bcegplq xbwqjlp http://www.coachsaleinfo.com/ hyjpnhs dyfpshi コーチ yflfaij wtyjdbn コーチ 財布 qkhlbde sesdsid コーチ メンズ qnhjhkh kkqcjuu http://www.coachbrand2013.com/ owktzig taolerb コーチ アウトレット gzxnsyi ntwtbpi coach アウトレット jjyglca lluxhum coach アウトレット ssqiscw lauhpxs http://www.jpcoachforyou.com/ dzzulfw ccicxii コーチ 財布 smcczzn ktckvvu コーチ 財布 lmcbndz rqneuao コーチ 財布 nkyaeal ahxapnl http://www.coachonlyyou.com/ ftzfeue

April 10, 2013 at 12:16 am | Reply
  3. win 7

thanks for you share.buy win 7 home.

February 22, 2013 at 8:37 am | Reply
  4. We

and he was thinking the same of them as they were MOWED DOWN. HAHAHAHAH

October 10, 2012 at 1:38 am | Reply
  5. lulz

im america everyones a terrorist.

September 10, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Reply
  6. RodW

Agreed he is a domestic terrorist and should be prosecuted as such.

July 31, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Reply
  7. bju

h

July 23, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Reply
  8. bju

YOU DO NOT NEED A AR-15 TO KILL

LINCOLN, KING, JFK so on and so forth not taken down with machine guns–

JUST ASK Qadafi what was the last thing people saw before he left office also ask him how to spell his name

July 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Reply
  9. bju

There are an estimated 270 million guns in the hands of civilians in the United States, making Americans the most heavily armed people in the world per capita.

July 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Reply
    • We

Makes me wonder why.

October 10, 2012 at 1:39 am | Reply
  10. Funny?

Kind of like Nazi's are funny too. You crack me up gov.

July 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Reply
  11. brother in america

WHITE the color of THE REAL WORLD TERRORISTS STRIKE IN AMERICA all the white people are jumping to say this wasnt a terrrorsit attack ha ha white people that is your nature. I BEG ANYONE TO FIND THE WORST CRIME OR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY AND I GUARANTEE THE WHITE RACE IS BEHIND IT. WHITE PEOPLE DO YOU WONDER WHY A WHITE MAN WOULD TARGET SO MANY WHITE PEOPLE AT A MOVIE WITH A DIVERSE CROWD,THAT IS BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHOS BEHIND THE WORLDS PROBLEMS. HE KNOWS IT WOULD BE USELESS TO PLEAD TO THE WHITE RACE BECAUSE WHITE PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE THAT NUCLEAR BOMBS ARE DEFENSE AND ONLY WHITE COUNTRIES SHOULD HAVE THEM

July 23, 2012 at 1:27 am | Reply
    • Alan

Blacks are killing other blacks in Africa! Over a million dead so far and it is still happening like right now as you are reading this! I'm sure you think the white race is behind all of the horrible carnage taking place in Africa. Your logic is warped and twisted and so are you!

July 23, 2012 at 10:58 am | Reply
      • Trigger

True enough in Africa, but the truth is, they are killing each other here too. He just took this chance to show his racist views. Nothing to do with color, it is an atrocity no matter the color. He fails to see the african children raped and arms cut off by their own people and chooses to show his true colors. Just another "white man is keeping us down" racist who accepts no responsibility for his own life situation.

July 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
  12. Quigley

I guess that sooner or later all the politicians in Washington are going to jump on this tragedy and milk it for what it's worth. This really makes my blood boil. I have a burning resentment for anyone who profits at the misery of others and I don't care who knows it!!!

July 22, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Reply
    • Lyndsie Graham

Gee whiz Quigley, you took the words right out of my mouth! I feel the same way you do about all these people taking advantage of this tragedy. This should be outlawed and that's all there is to it!

July 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  13. Storm

Bread and circus.

Keep us entertained.

Keep us afraid.

And you are cool with that?

July 22, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Reply
  14. George Patton

Now I expect the politicians in Washington to milk this tragedy for all that it's worth in order to get more votes. I love the way these people show their lack of scruples. But then again, it's all politics!!!

July 22, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Reply
  15. RetiredVet

The shooter needs his head examed – with a 9mm.

July 22, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Reply
    • George Patton

Don't you think that we better find out what motivated this guy in the first place, RetiredVet? I do. I resent these politicians taking advantage of this for any reason.

July 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Reply
      • RodW

You need an analysis to understand this? Thats absurd string him up by his toes. His actions tell us all we need to know.

July 31, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
  16. OffTheWorldPolitics

What a tragedy. I send my condolences to the victims families.

July 22, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Reply