U.S. troops among victims of Colorado movie shooting
File photo of Buckley AFB, Aurora, Colorado
July 20th, 2012

U.S. troops among victims of Colorado movie shooting

WASHINGTON (CNN) - U.S. troops were among the casualties in the shooting rampage at the Colorado movie theater, the Pentagon spokesman said.

"Initial indications are some service members were casualties," Press Secretary George Little said Friday at the Pentagon.

He would not specify how many troops were involved or whether they dead or wounded.

A US official tells Barbara Starr that at this point the US military has two Navy personnel injured in the Colorado attack as well as two Air Force reservists.

Buckley AFB in Aurora, Colorado, is the closest military base to the scene of the shootings. Spokesman Master Sgt. Jill Lavoie said some of the wounded were from Buckley.

About 10,000 troops - including members of the Air Force, Army and Marine Corps - are stationed at Buckley. Soon after the shooting, the base initiated a head count, Lavoie said.

One of the units on base is the 743rd Military Intelligence Battalion.

A post Friday on its Facebook page said that the Traumatic Stress Response Team (Mental Health Support) and Emergency Family Assistance Control Center (EFACC) had been activated at the base chapel. "If you or family members need assistance or counseling following the aftermath of the Aurora Movie Theater shooting, you can meet with the teams standing by to help you," the posting says.

1. porte monnaie louis vuitton pas cher

Never speak of the felicity to 1 a lot less well-off compared to one self.
    porte monnaie louis vuitton pas cher http://www.ruezalando.fr/

October 21, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Reply
  2. office moving company

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make seriously articles I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular post extraordinary. Wonderful process!

September 19, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  3. lymphoma non hodkins

I have been browsing on-line more than three hours today, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is beautiful value sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the web will probably be much more helpful than ever before.

September 2, 2012 at 5:47 am | Reply
  4. how to get rid of a cold

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I so much definitely will make sure to don?t fail to remember this site and provides it a look regularly.

August 11, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Reply
  5. make money,cash,online,internet,make money online,make cash,income online,income from internet

Great weblog here! Additionally your website a lot up very fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link in your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

July 28, 2012 at 11:56 am | Reply
  6. more info

I'll immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly permit me know so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

July 27, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Reply
  7. vrouwen

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am satisfied to convey that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most for sure will make sure to do not omit this website and give it a glance regularly.

July 25, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  8. vrouwen

I just couldn't leave your site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual info a person supply for your guests? Is gonna be again often in order to check up on new posts

July 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Reply
  9. ephesus tours, ephesus tour, ephesus location, ephesus turkey, istanbul ephesus tours, ephesus coin ancient, temple of artemis at ephesus, ephesus cappadocia tours, ephesus map, map and ephesus, ancient city of ephesus, ephesus mary's house, the temple of

I liked as much as you'll receive performed proper here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored material stylish. however, you command get got an impatience over that you want be delivering the following. in poor health definitely come more previously once more as exactly the similar just about very incessantly within case you defend this increase.

July 25, 2012 at 3:36 am | Reply
  10. CFS-100A| Fuel system cleaner

I am really impressed together with your writing skills and also with the format on your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a nice weblog like this one today..

July 24, 2012 at 6:14 am | Reply
  11. News Hot Spot

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue together with your website in web explorer, might check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a large component to other people will omit your excellent writing due to this problem.

July 24, 2012 at 1:39 am | Reply
  12. poofisinthepudding

This clown was a part of the one percent the same exact people that the worthless DHS and cops the DHS instructs are never watching

Right now the one percent is being told by the anti american NRA to buy as many assalt weapons as possible the ninety nine percent are the victims –have was will be–no more

Right now every federal agency is working on figuring out what went wrong They were watching and screwing with and jailing the wrong people–way to go bushies-

question: how many one percenters does it take to screw in a light bulb ans: none one percenters don’t screw in light bulbs they screw everything else up though–

I ASKED THE NRA TO DO ONE SIMPLE THING AND THEY FAILED e.g. LEGALIZE VAARIOUS KINDS OF KNIFES

THIS IS WHEN I DECIDED THAT THE NRA IS COMPLETLY FULL OF SH$T

THE ONLY REASONABLE END TO THE SHOTER IN THAT THEATER IF THERE WAS ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN BY BLADE

THE NRA WOULD SEND ME MONEY BUT THEY CAN NOT I DO NOT RUN FOR OFFICE

GO-FIGURE

July 22, 2012 at 11:31 am | Reply
  13. alfred

This is the kind of thing that happens, when we take GOD out of America!!! We kicked HIM out of our schools, and out of the Pledge of Allegiance. OMG! We told HIM that we didn't need HIS assistance. If we just quit fooling ourselves saying that HE wasn't needed anymore, these kinds of things wouldn't happen.

July 21, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Reply
    • God

lol

July 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Reply
      • Allah

Hahahaha. يك يك يك

July 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
      • Jesus

Dad, how many times have I told you not to use my computer...?

July 21, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
    • Papasan

If your god is so good, why didn't he stop this massacre? Religion is the reason for so much violence and death in this world. Always has been, always will be.

July 21, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Reply
      • StanCalif

Just ask Israel!!! Our biggest pain in the neck! Religion, politics and diplomacy do not mix well! Never have, never will!

July 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
      • Trevor

You think that corrupt and sinful people that knowingly twist and distort God's message for their own selfish ends have anything to do with the true will of God? There's nothing wrong with "religion" (a set of beliefs that a group of people think are true), its the people that are the problem. We all have a "religion", from the devout Christian to the staunch Atheist...it has just been commonplace to associate "religion" with things that are not "seen".

July 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
      • DeusEtPatria

Religion cause death and war? Let's look through history here.

Looking at the unfortunately rather long list of currently recorded conflicts, the top 29 wars with the highest death tolls did not involve religion. To name a few, World War I, World War II, The Korean War, The Vietnam War, the Mongolian Conquests (13th century), the Tiaping Rebellion, Nepoleonic War, and many, many more do not involve religion. Sure, religion probably caused some tension, but most of these wars were vies for power which resulted in wide scale conflict and death.

In all, a very small percentage of world wide conflict had religion as large factor.

So, maybe religion doesn't cause wars, maybe it just causes death? Like the Spanish Inquisition? Well, again we find the same recurring theme as far genocides. The top 3, (and arguably many more) genocides are results of human greed. The Soviet crimes (1917-1953), The Holocaust (interestingly anti-religious) and Holodomor are the top 3 genocides by death toll, all of which were not caused by religious tension, hate, etc.

The further you look the more it becomes apparent that human greed and lusts are the main cause of death and war in this world.

So, maybe religion doesn't cause war,

July 22, 2012 at 11:28 pm |
    • Indifferent

First off I want to say that I completely respect your religious beliefs. Secondly I would like to point out that the wording in the Pledge of Allegiance was changed from its original twice since its creation and the words "Under god" were added in the 1950s. Lastly I would like to point out that you are suggesting that your god is behind events such as these, which if I am reading your response correctly, is rather amusing.

July 21, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Reply
    • Aethrys

If anything, if we razed every church, temple, mosque, ashram, etc. to the ground violence would quickly reach an all time low.

July 21, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Reply
    • ItsAMirage

alfred alfred...ohhh my poor dear misguided Alfred. 1st of all, when you throw out history to people, make sure your facts are 100%correct. As people have mention about our Pledge of Alliance, it has been change many times. Not only that, but the Pledge is a pledge to THE FLAG AND THE REPUBLIC, not to God. It's a pledge to remind us that country comes first, a fact that most of you (specially politicians in both sides) have long forgotten. Also, when unread things like yours, I'm so glad of Separation of Church and State. Gosh, did this country get lucky with that little concept because you religious zealots scared the heck out of me.

July 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Reply
      • Trevor

Though you'll probably "look down your nose" again at another person of faith...if it makes you feel better to think that we're just "misguided" and if we were only just as "smart" as you (you've got life all figured out right?) that this whole world would be better off. Very interesting is the fact that our society has rapidly decayed into a "its all about me" society with no sense of right and wrong and no desire to serve something greater than themselves. That "I" know it all, "I" know there is no greater being that "me", "I" know what's best for me, if "I" don't understand it or can't grasp a certain concept that "it doesn't exist". There is no denying that people used to be able to walk down the street without fear, children used to be able to walk to school without fear, people used to have "manners" and respect for each other, people used to trust each other more, there used to be more honest people out there...If you think this decay is not because of people turning from God you are sadly mistaken... We reap what we sow...

July 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  14. pat carr

out comes the gun control nonsense again by our dumbed down population. how about we take a look at the violent culture here? Saw movies( that made it to what 7 sequels?) Super violent video games. how about a nation that constantly goes to war every couple years?

July 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Reply
    • Jeff

Agreed, we need to definitely take a look at what the world is looking at as entertainment.

July 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Reply
  15. Xenirsize Me

So give everyone guns and periodic mental evaluations? I'm reading a lot about everyone's fantasy reactions and how they would have handled being in that theater when the truth is you do not know how you would have reacted unless you were there and you had some sort of angle on the psychopath that gave you a choice. The aisles and human chaos severely limit mobility and your approach to him. I have had hand-to-hand, small arm, and armed combat training both military and civilian and know it is a moment to moment game where you would have to mitigate protecting the ones you love or risk increasing their exposure to harm by attempting anything. Also, he is in control of the situation, not you. But, non of us were there. So, this is just fantasy and all we can do is send love and prayers to the survivors and surviving families of the casualties. Mental evaluations for weapons permits are an interesting idea considering many mental diagnoses disqualify you from owning a weapon as I understand it. Though first you have to be diagnosed, and I think it probably wouldn't be too difficult for this type of person to know how to answer questions. I've had to take the tests for military contracts and while it is tricky, it isn't impossible to discern median range answers.

July 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Reply
    • ItsAMirage

It's the darn movies and video games. Just because it works in Modern Warfare and all the Bond movies, then it must work in real life!

July 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Reply
  16. StanCalif

Just think, many lawyers are going to get huge incomes from this! The families of the victims will get nothing! The severely injured will be bankrupted from the medical bills! But the lawyers will get rich! What a "system" we have! Any comments Mitt?

July 21, 2012 at 11:16 am | Reply
    • C

Must be hard going through life an idiot.

July 21, 2012 at 11:32 am | Reply
      • StanCalif

But, the lawyers will get rich! What an opportunity!

July 21, 2012 at 11:38 am |
  17. Bert Zomber

ZOMBIE SQUAD RULES DIS !!!

July 21, 2012 at 11:02 am | Reply
  18. Sam

steve wrote:

'As it was, the shooter had all the time in the world. And, yes, he his insane. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't rid the gene pool of him.'

The Nazi approach to mental health, great!

July 21, 2012 at 10:58 am | Reply
    • Jenny B

Let's not use the Nazis for cheap political online points, OK?

July 21, 2012 at 11:02 am | Reply
    • A.

Yes the nazis were wonderful, massacring millions of people, genociding entire groups, commiting crimes against humanity in such a magnitude that their leader has been declared the most evil man to have ever lived.

July 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Reply
      • Papasan

Christians did the same thing. Killed millions spreading the belief in god and jesus. Wake up people.

July 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
  19. Jenny B

Also, this is a violent culture obsessed with violent imagery. Thinking that has no effect on unstable individuals is naive.

July 21, 2012 at 10:55 am | Reply
  20. Citizen

Fighting back us the only sane option for any males or capable females for that matter. The lamb always gets slaughtered. Whether its a concealed weapon or a full on suicide charge waiting to get shot leaves it up to chance. A slender male in his mid 20's can move very quickly over shot distance. He did not use any high caliber weapons. No an AR 15 is not high caliber nor fully automatic. It shhots small rounds that can kill only if hits vital organ or multiple wounds. I realize this is a crazy situation and these folks were scared. However when a man is firing a semi-auto assult rifle he is only a threat at a distance. If person closes the gap in the chaos and smoke you will have the upperhand once you barrell of the weapon in your hand. Rifles are useless at close range. He will fight you but adrenaline and utter surprise gives you an upper hand. You objective is control the weapon, knock him to the ground, and use you pantsbelt belt to subdue his hands so he cannot reach for his handguns. He would likly keep both hand tightly gripped to the rifle as you wrestle the barrell. He will reach for handguns a few seconds after he hits the ground. YOU DO NOT NEED SIGHT TO SUBDUE A MAN ON THE GROUND. Your eyes are worthless grappling even if there was light. I carry a 6" knife wherever I am. This ofcourse would make your job easier. Knock him down and remove headgear on the way to ground and slit his f**** throat. These situations ARE NOT hopeless! Modern men are definately domesticated though I pray some future attack will end with a man or woman fighting back and stopping the assalant possibly at the expense of their own life. I know I would. Escpecially if my kids are preasant. And a one or two small calibr bullets won't stoo me immediately. If i had to I would grab the nearest dead body and use as shield to close the gap and attack; pin his arms and use my teeth to bite his neck... whatever it takes to end it. Although, and subcompact .45 at close range would do the trick without all the fuss. Just close the gap... I can hit a pop can at 12inhe away in the pitch dark.. smoke and all.

July 21, 2012 at 10:54 am | Reply
    • Whyalready

"capable" females? I'd like to introduce to you a fact: Women are better than men at everything. Please read Dan Abrams 'Man Down'. It includes all the statistical information that I cannot fit it this space.

July 21, 2012 at 11:20 am | Reply
      • Trevor

Better at everything? You have to have the superior mental and/or physical abilities to make such a claim... There are very few athletic sports (team or individual) or individual physical "event" out there that you can get the "best" female and male and the male wouldn't win. If you can name one I'm all ears...then I'll rattle off 5 to counter...

July 21, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
  21. Jenny B

P.S. where I differ with the NRA: I am not so sure the average civilian needs to have access to an AR-type weapon. It's not a weapon of civilian self-defense. With just a pistol, it is conceivable he would have done less damage. Sure, he could have gotten an AR on the black market too, but it's harder.

July 21, 2012 at 10:48 am | Reply
  22. Jenny B

The fact that this guy had an AR, a shotgun, and a pistol does NOT make him Rambo. He was just deranged maniac looking for unarmed civilians. Just like with rapes and abductions, I will rather RESIST, whether I succeed or not. Historically, just standing there waiting to be killed has not worked out so well for millions of people.

Even a little old woman with a .25 pistol can theoretically make a difference, as the active shooter cannot be focused on all people all the time. Finally, it's better to die attempting to survive than just wait hoping for the executioner to show mercy.

July 21, 2012 at 10:45 am | Reply
    • ddblah

Theoretically? Can you check reality before you make a theory about how things should go?

July 21, 2012 at 10:46 am | Reply
  23. Javier

O.K. So, what's new? We have been brutally attacked again. Many innocent people including children, hell, BABIES were hit. And the "News" is? It happened again or another 2 week expose' of the killer, the victims-their friends, dogs, and what they had for breakfast? This happens EVERYDAY here in the land of the free. But, it's "news" when it happens "en masse". We are in trouble. As a society, we no longer feel for anyone or anything. We are "stoned" from the constant state of negative input day after day, year after year. And with no one left to trust, what do we expect from those human beings that don't understand humanity? Mass murder.

July 21, 2012 at 10:40 am | Reply
  24. silkafi

I wonder if they are treating this as terrorism since the shooter killed innocent people? I don't think so, he is a psycho born here he wouldn't be a terrorist. People you got to know the meaning of a terrorist. It's not Arab nor Muslims it could be anybody who has a disease in his brain.

July 21, 2012 at 10:37 am | Reply
  25. Amarjeet

CNN news that Mass shooting is not predictable is wrong by Psychologist. Most predicaments can be zeroed from history & action if not by proactive in initiative after Arizona Gabriel incident. In India all cinema have security & keep alert on visual check since decades. I advised after Arizona like Homeland after 911. Money making mass collection must have security checks at the entry gate to avoid. It is never too late, security is needed not by federal but by businesses at mass sites of entertainment & business to protect humans, women & kids all the time. Not profit only, posterity is required to continue human & civilized life in America without fear.

July 21, 2012 at 10:35 am | Reply
  26. will

I highly doubt that under those conditions presented i.e. (darkened theater, movie still playing, some canister device believed to be either smoke or tear gas, well over a hundred individuals; running, screaming, going every which way) would make it very difficult for the average citizen with a gun to effectively neutralize the threat. sensory overload would take place, and tunnel vision would possible occur. this scenario is very different than being at a shooting range. the chances of misidentifying a target and hitting other civilians would be high. the problem isnt gun, the problem isnt gun control. It's figuring out a way to keep the mentally unstable from access to them. however this is impossible. if someone is hell bent on doing something, no law is going to stop them from accomplishing that. People should realize that this is just a biproduct of us having freedoms. sadly there are those that will exploit that freedom we cherish.

July 21, 2012 at 10:32 am | Reply
  27. Jenny B

It's interesting that none of these deranged cowards target people at a gun show or a firing range, isn't it?

Take a wild guess as to why that is.

July 21, 2012 at 10:30 am | Reply
    • ddblah

Showing up at gun show or buying a couple of guns does not make you less a coward. Yelling at your screen can make you feel better, but still not a hero. Insulting others on internet makes you look stupid.

July 21, 2012 at 10:50 am | Reply
  28. ddblah

My suggestion: every movie goer should bring a machine gun, a night vision goggle, a bullet-proof vest.

July 21, 2012 at 10:22 am | Reply
    • Jenny B

You sound like a bitter coward who is afraid of weapons.

July 21, 2012 at 10:26 am | Reply
      • ItsAMirage

He did say bring weapons!
        And you sound like you have wayyyyyyyy too many weapons!

July 21, 2012 at 10:47 am |
      • ddblah

You sound like a coward who keeps yelling at the screen while holding a toy gun.

July 21, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  29. Jenny B

Yes, really.

Shooting back saves lives, believe it or not. If you prefer just standing there, waiting for your turn to be slaughtered, like a COWARD, be my guest.

July 21, 2012 at 10:09 am | Reply
    • ddblah

Shooting back? Were you there, hero?

July 21, 2012 at 10:17 am | Reply
      • Jenny B

Were you there, you stupid sheep?

July 21, 2012 at 10:20 am |
      • ddblah

Insulting others online is not very heroic. Coward!

Stupid people always think they can become a superhuman.

July 21, 2012 at 10:25 am |
      • Mike

History. Real historical history, substantiates her claim.

You should look into that. But I'll warn you up front you won't find it here or on the Huffington Post. You will find it on the FBI site, the DOJ site.

July 21, 2012 at 10:30 am |
      • ddblah

History? History is full of gun-fueled violence. This guy planed this and had the cover of darkness.

July 21, 2012 at 10:38 am |
    • JCube

Have you ever used a pistol against a semi-automatic? Have you ever been shot at? No? Then shut up!

July 21, 2012 at 10:21 am | Reply
      • Jenny B

Have you ever had anything resembling a thought?

You don't know about a thing about weapons, self-defense, or combat. Sheep.

July 21, 2012 at 10:24 am |
      • ddblah

Keep calling others' names does not make you any less a coward.

July 21, 2012 at 10:26 am |
      • Mike

A pistol is, by definition, semi-automatic.

Sorry. But facts is facts. You should get some before you formulate your opinions.

July 21, 2012 at 10:32 am |
      • JCube

Five tours of duty, I think I do. I also think your the kettle calling the pot black. Your kind of so called bravery is with paper targets and video games. Want to learn something about weapons, join the service if they'll take you. Bravery doesn't come from a weapon, it comes from intelligence. You just make the criminal in this case sound like the bravest man around. NRA Sheep.

July 21, 2012 at 10:33 am |
      • JCube

You are correct Mike, a Pistol is considered a semi-automatic. Just trying to get the point across that sometimes the best defense is NOT to make oneself or others around you a target but to stay low. Real life incidents are never so cut and dry as the movies "stand up and shoot the bad guy".

July 21, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  30. Get Real

So what people should have done, with their concealed weapons, is to start shooting back at guy with a semi automatic rifle (60-80 rounds a minute) shooting people in a crowded theatre?
    Really?

July 21, 2012 at 9:59 am | Reply
    • Mike

Wait. Why would a legally armed law abiding citizen shoot people indiscriminately in a crowded theater?

Could it be a fabrication you are making up in your own mind with no bearing in reality what-so-ever to fit your philosophy fabricated out of thin air with absolutely no research, experience, or first hand knowledge?

Naaaaaa. Must be that the law abiding legally armed citizens who have spent their own money for professional training, and have gone through law enforcement background checks are just waiting for the opportunity to begin executing a theater full of innocents. Yeah, it must be that.

Right?

July 21, 2012 at 10:18 am | Reply
      • ddblah

Unless the criminal just happens to have perfect background and a lot of guns.

July 21, 2012 at 10:28 am |
      • StanCalif

Right! Now after 9/11 we learn that "anyone" from any country can still enroll in pilot training classes in the US! Just pay and get your license! Makes sense?

July 21, 2012 at 10:35 am |
      • hero

1) who's to say there were no armed individuals present
        2) those same individuals would have had to use night vision Google's with thermal imaging to see through.the smoke and darkness

You ppl thinking you'd be a hero are wrong you'd have a better chance of.injuring more and.making law enforcement job more difficult determinh who is the perp

July 21, 2012 at 10:37 am |
      • Mike

Great smoke and mirrors. How about a little substantiation? Even just a little bit? History does not bear out your assertions, that is kinda hard to get away from.

On the other hand, that are lots of cases of armed law abiding citizens ending crimes . . . but again; you are not going to find those accounts in the Libtard Journals.

July 21, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
      • StanCalif

But the NRA just loves it! Guns for all! It's your "right"!

July 21, 2012 at 11:10 am |
    • ddblah

All movie goers should bring machine guns, fully loaded, I must add.

July 21, 2012 at 10:18 am | Reply
  31. dusto

If the people in the theater had CC weapons on them. I'm pretty sure the gunman might have had second thoughts. Considering he was too much of a coward to take his own life. Now the tax dollars from every citizen can pay for this filth to rot in prison.

July 21, 2012 at 9:56 am | Reply
    • ddblah

He had plenty of thoughts, not just second or third. You think you can shoot at a guy standing in darkness shooting at you? Get the reality checked before you talk.

July 21, 2012 at 10:20 am | Reply
      • Mike

I am a professionally trained law abiding citizen who has taken *explicit* "night/low light" training. Common sense would seem to dictate that I stood at least as good a chance of stopping the threat as the threat had of killing innocents.

And it seem like that worked out pretty well for him.

Don't you think?

But it is a moot point. The city of Aurora has an ordinance prohibiting even state issued permit holders from carrying guns. MY OH MY how convenient for this nut case.

Don't you think?

Do you imagine that *may* have had a bearing on his decisions? You know; knowing with reasonable certainty he would not be confronted by anyone capable of ending his threat? Crazy doesn't imply stupid.

July 21, 2012 at 10:26 am |
      • ddblah

Where did you get this "ordinance"? NRA?

You can believe in your ability to shoot in the dark or whatever, with a crowd running around. Until it is tested, why should anybody else believe in a person with superhuman ability?

July 21, 2012 at 10:34 am |
  32. Mikithinks

There are those who think that this horror would have been better if the audience shot back. The evil, (don't call him insane because he will just go to a hospital), person had the easy shots He wants fame and will kill random people to get it. A defender would have to shoot one armoured shooter in a dark theater. Since the killer has extensive protection, the defender would likely have to be a crack shot with night vision ability. A possible result the defender kills more people. Even if it is not a state law, training and ability should be a moral obligation to carry a gun. Even then the Texas tower shooter was and a well trained eagle scout. Evil wears many faces.

July 21, 2012 at 9:34 am | Reply
    • steve

Normally I would agree that attacking the argument and not the person is a better response but, please. You are a lamb ready for slaughter if you think it's better not to fight back because someone might get hurt. An armed citizen could have mitigated the damage. As it was, the shooter had all the time in the world. And, yes, he his insane. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't rid the gene pool of him.

July 21, 2012 at 9:45 am | Reply
    • ItsAMirage

But come on man, it always works in the movies and video games! The hero always manages to kill all the bad guys. Real life situations were there are real people, confusion, bad vision, screams, guy(s) with guns shooting at people AND on the offensive, that's has to be a piece of cake. Anyone with a gun could handle that. Hey that reminds me, if a shooting starts, then someone else pulls a gun to shot the attacker, won't he might be confused by ANOTHER defenses with a gun as the real attacker?! What about if more people pull out guns, in the confusion, isn't there a chance that they might shot at each other?!

July 21, 2012 at 9:46 am | Reply
      • Mike

Yeah. You are right. Better to just stand there and let nuts like this kill indiscriminately all the people they want to.

. . .right? . . .

I mean after all the argument can not be made that the police would swoop in and save folks. dark is dark, smoke is smoke. Besides, there were a number of police officers ON SCENE when the shooting started and the nut still not only shot a bunch of people until he was (apparently) tired of shooting, he exited the theater *safely*.

Oh, and lets not forget that Aurora law already – right this minute – prohibits the possession of weapons inside the city. Even if one has a state issued permit.

So obviously stricter gun laws would have no effect.

Yeah, the conclusion seems inevitable; better to just sit there calmly and be executed than TRY and end the threat.

Right?

Good God how can people be so dim witted as to believe not even trying to fight back is the right course of action . . .

July 21, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • XIV

As someone who has had a severe psychological reaction (over 4 months long) to a prescription medication and been lucky enough to survive without harming myself or others or losing everyone in my life, I recognize him as insane. I also think that it will be a long time before he realizes what he has done for what it is as reality sees it. I met each of my fears and incarnations of fear before meeting God and seeing loved ones in the afterlife. I had no fear of anyone's death including my own; and it was as real to me then as anything. Coming down from that on a proper treatment plan, left me near paralyzed in doubt and shame for a year. I'm not pushing for any sort of leniency on Holmes. Moreover I think if he was re-stabilized on a treatment plan while in prison, (from my experience) his life would become a living agony as he understood more with human empathy the pain he has caused, and not the personal vainglory he would derive from a quick execution.

July 22, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Reply
  33. Jay

I wonder how those American Gun laws are working out for you guys? 2 of the weapons used were extremely high powered weaponry. Not exactly "personal protection" level firepower. You live in the world you create for yourselves. "War on drugs" bah, how about a "War on Gun Control". Clearly you can't manage them.

July 21, 2012 at 9:29 am | Reply
    • A

Right, this is gun control problem. Not a psychotic individual problem. If you think gun laws would have stopped him, you need to revisit your logic.

July 21, 2012 at 10:29 am | Reply
      • ddblah

I don't believe this guy had any psychological problem. He was calm, he planed everything, executed his plan.

He simply wanted to kill. The easiest way to achieve that is using guns.

July 21, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  34. Rick

I've read these comments and I'm amazed by the strangeness. Not many of you are coherent. A lot of you seem very disturbed. If you are representative of the general population, I guess that would explain why things seem to be so profoundly screwed up so much of the time– what passes for modern "civilization" is the work of severely disfunctional beings. The human enterprise is nothing but a prolonged destruction derby. Welcome to history's dustbin!

July 21, 2012 at 9:10 am | Reply
    • ItsAMirage

I wanna laugh at you......but my brain just doesn't let me. See, when i read the comments, not just here but any type of story, you see what you are talking about. The narrow mindset, the religious mindset, the bitterness, hatred for those who "don't think like me", racism, RepsvsDems, the plain nastiness.
      Things are screwed up, and it's getting worse and worse :(

July 21, 2012 at 9:18 am | Reply
      • ddblah

People have been saying this for a couple of thousand years.

July 21, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  35. ibetigetcensored

Remember when John Dillenger "Public enemy#1" was tracked down and blown away by the FBI?
    Or when Bonnie and Clyde were Bl0wn away by the TEXAS RANGERS?
    Or Osama was Blown Away by SEAL TEAM SIX? NOT 0BAMA!
    OH well, those day's are gone. no more safety here.

July 21, 2012 at 8:34 am | Reply
    • ItsAMirage

What the heck are you talking about!?? Please, make some sense. I also highly enjoy how you gave no credit to Pres Obama. Maybe you should also add that Pres Obama wasnt even at his post. Heck, I even heard from a highly classified source that he was actually on Kenya!! Yeah yeah, not only that, but your awesome Pres Bush Jr was actually leading the charge!!! True story buddy!!!!

July 21, 2012 at 9:05 am | Reply
      • Convoluted

I believe they are talking about all the FALSE FLAGS we are being sent..so you need to wake up...the truth will always be hidden to perpetuate an agenda. Bet the guy is either murdered or commits suicide..conveniently.
        cleans up the mess. I'm sorry to any family,friends...this is in NO way minimizing your suffering. May the victims rest in peace.

July 21, 2012 at 9:43 am |
      • Warren S.

Let me guess...Your highly classified source was most likely Fox News. Face it. we little people base our conclusions on what Big Brother feeds us. We have NO reliable sources.

July 21, 2012 at 9:50 am |
  36. LindsyCoo87

That's right! This is all israel's doing. There are already rumours that Mossad agents were overheard buying up tickets to the Batman premieres. Not just in Aurora but as far away as Binghamton NY & Kalamazoo Mi

July 21, 2012 at 8:32 am | Reply
    • Sid Higgins

Does the mental ward you are in know that you are playing on the computer?

July 21, 2012 at 9:05 am | Reply
    • Shannon

You're a racist, ignorant ass. Israel is a wonderful country, full of people who love the USA. That poor country has enemies all around. They are small but mighty.

July 21, 2012 at 9:11 am | Reply
      • StanCalif

I posted a reply to you, but CNN won't put it up! Wonder why?

July 21, 2012 at 10:01 am |
    • ItsAMirage

I call this.....SARCASM??!!!!'

July 21, 2012 at 9:19 am | Reply
  37. ibetigetcensored

Did they serve in IRAQ or Afghanistan? Survive a war to die in a theater? This Make him a terr0rist.
    An attack upon military personnel. = instant death penalty. Line him and Hasan against the wall and bl0w their bra1ns out "ON T.V."

July 21, 2012 at 8:29 am | Reply
  38. Toodie

Couple of things, even if they banned every gun out there, if someone wants to kill.. They will find a way. Nobody in the theater with a gun could have taken this guy down.... He was covered in head to toe body armor. Lastly, the gun show loophole had nothing to do with this.. He bought his guns legally at two big sporting goods stores. Crazy will find a way... My thoughts and prayers to Aurora.

July 21, 2012 at 8:07 am | Reply
    • Mark

A ballistic helmet may have stopped the round from ripping his head off, but it wouldn't stop the kinetic force from being delivered upon impact. In other words, two shots to the head and he would have been down for the count. Still alive, yes, but down and quite likely unconcious. Most certainly not shooting people anymore.

July 21, 2012 at 8:25 am | Reply
      • Denise

While you're correct, that type of skill is often on the marksman level in a normal situation. Add a dark, smoke filled theater, where there's mass panic, it's a little more difficult.

July 21, 2012 at 9:03 am |
      • Alan

2 shots to the kevlar helmet with a pistol while being possibly fired at with an AK good luck with that

July 21, 2012 at 9:05 am |
      • nonya

Kevlar or not you will still have to fight the urge to run. I would prefer having a chance rather than none.

July 21, 2012 at 10:06 am |
      • Warren S.

I agree Mark. The .45 Model 1911 given to military officers wasn't meant to kill. It was meant to knock someone down with a hit anywhere in the trunk region. Over the years my aim has gotten a little off. That's why I installed a laser site on my .380 pocket pistol. If need be, I don't want to have to aim. All I want to do is point.

July 21, 2012 at 10:27 am |
  39. Jeremy

Us Americans complain about the weather, but they have to sit on top of an MRAP wearing 100 pounds of gear in 135 degree weather. We sit back and complain about our jobs but they are out there getting shot at and blown to pieces. We also complain about the Traffic, but we don't have to worry about a broken down car on the side of the road being an IED. These guys go through all that and don't even demand a thank you or the money they deserve so you can sit behind your computer and mock and insult them. My Brother did Convoy Security in Iraq and I happen to be very proud of him. Now he gets to deal with the headache that is the VA and not being able to find a job. Be quiet if you don't know what its like to serve or have a family that serves. They are better people than you ever could be.

July 21, 2012 at 7:35 am | Reply
    • Tg3211

A lot of people being more opinionated than informed. It's very easy to sit in a coffee shop, stand on a soapbox and act as if you know what's going on in the world based off what the media decides to engrained into your mind. It's much harder to ruck up, put a round in the chamber, step outside the wire and see how it is yourself.

July 21, 2012 at 7:57 am | Reply
      • Steve

Well said, TG.

July 21, 2012 at 8:16 am |
  40. Ralph

The "if someone had a gun" argument always comes up in this kind of tragedy. But the fact is if we have to live in a world where we need guns to go to see a movie, to go to school, to take a bus, to do whatever, then it's not a world worth living in.

July 21, 2012 at 7:28 am | Reply
    • Chris

Well, unfortunately, that is the world we live in. So, to put it bluntly, deal with it!!!!!!

July 21, 2012 at 7:35 am | Reply
  41. beezy

to answer the sincere questuon. yes you may cause more casualties. innocent civilians are killed in fire fights all the time. it just happens. you try to prevent it but you really cant. but had a law abiding citizen been there with a gun maybe only 3 people would be dead and 12 injured instead instead of 12 dead and 50 hurt. but on the flip side it could have been even worse you never know. i also agree that everyone even military should have some kind of mental health evaluation. things happen to us in war zones that civilians dont and can not understand. it changes you. some soldiers do lose it mentally. it is not a knock on them it is just reality. but to ban guns i feel is asinine because if this guy wanted to get a gun he would have got it and law abiding citizens would have no way to defend themselves.

July 21, 2012 at 6:54 am | Reply
  42. SilverHair

For what it's worth, people kill people. Plain clubs were used before a stone was tied to it's end.

July 21, 2012 at 6:42 am | Reply
  43. Marvin

Looks like troops are going to occupy that theater now.

July 21, 2012 at 6:17 am | Reply
  44. Atomic Lobotomy

Time to put down the guns. With good percentage of the country suffering mental problems of one sort or another it's about time to ban guns. 2nd amendment defends right of "militia" to have weapons–not every psychologically disturbed person in the country.

July 21, 2012 at 6:02 am | Reply
    • Shawn Irwin

People argue against toting guns, but had there been several people in the theater with weapons, the clown that did this would be lying in the mortuary, not under arrest. There would also be less copy-cat murders to follow . . .

July 21, 2012 at 6:21 am | Reply
      • Sacmar

Shawn, had there been several people with guns, there quite possibly would have been more deaths. Think about it: it was dark, smoky, and the gunman was covered from head to toe in armor. It would have been very difficult to take him down.

July 21, 2012 at 7:48 am |
      • Mark

Actually, it would have been pretty easy to take him down. He wasn't "covered head to toe" in armor, he had a vest on. Between his vest and the mask he was wearing, it would have been pretty easy to identify who the bad guy was. Pop. Pop. Two shots to the head, and he is down. You people with no gun training seem to think that those of us who own guns don't know what to do with them. In some cases, you're right. But you have to go through training in order to get a CC permit, so anyone who might have had a gun legally concealed in that theater wouldn't have been some local yokel with no clue what to do.

July 21, 2012 at 8:14 am |
      • Mark

I have to correct my original response, apparantly the news has changed a little from the last time I read it. He DID have a ballistic helmet on. Still, while a ballistic helmet may protect you from being killed by a head shot (key work being MAY), it won't protect you from the kinetic energy transfered to your head from the round hitting the helmet. In other words...two head shots, and he goes down. He may still be alive, but he isn't going to be getting back up any time soon.

July 21, 2012 at 8:29 am |
      • Amy

Sure, Shawn....let's say there are 2 other people with a handgun shooting at the guy from two different directions...which way do the patrons run? What if the "good guys" are near the exits? Which way do the patrons run? How do they know who are the good guys?

July 21, 2012 at 9:06 am |
    • Tg3211

Because prohibition in this country has worked so well in the past.

July 21, 2012 at 7:54 am | Reply
  45. sean

donna b , what are you talking about???? the godfather movies, considered classics, are far more violent than batman a super hero movie!!!!! there weren't any shootings than!!!! don't be slow, o.k. ? also, who is that strange individual that made a really odd comment on black kids mourning the victims , what the heck?!? i think they are just trying to be annoying, for some immature reason. you know, i sometimes think the world in general isn't doing so swell at times.

July 21, 2012 at 5:45 am | Reply
    • Qatim

Well, those days no one was talking like crazy head Bachman, Limbaugh, Beck and others scaring people to go take up arms.

July 21, 2012 at 6:11 am | Reply
      • Guest

Been listening to MSNBC again, huh.

July 21, 2012 at 7:13 am |
  46. Donna b

Violent films are going to attract sick individuals, theaters should have better security that show such films.

July 21, 2012 at 4:57 am | Reply
    • CJP

Alrighty then...please tell us what Plan B would be? Y'know, because they should put extra security there too, and while you're at it, tell us Plan C and D, just to be extra thorough.

July 21, 2012 at 7:45 am | Reply
    • Torture this mf

Oh great idea... Now we can pay 59$ per movie ticket because of the 45$ "security fee.". You are an idiot

July 21, 2012 at 9:13 am | Reply
  47. Hollywood

The whole country stands by the people of Aurora today. Special blessings to our soldiers.

July 21, 2012 at 4:51 am | Reply
  48. USA

All People equal. So sad about shooting at theater. Bless All.

July 21, 2012 at 4:40 am | Reply
  49. eggy31

Yeah, OK, military members are among the dead. And you point is? How about this heading... "Dentists are among the dead", or "Janitors are among the dead"? Do we really have to point out the fact that military people may have been killed? What about the non-military people, and whatever it is they do for a living?

July 21, 2012 at 3:53 am | Reply
    • cdp

exactly.they say that like they are the almighty god or something..everyone life is of equal importance.

July 21, 2012 at 4:03 am | Reply
      • yuri pelham

It's bad enough they have to be vulnerable in the futile wars. This adds insult to injury, Also points out we're more like Iraq than is comfortable to think.

July 21, 2012 at 4:56 am |
      • cdp

Yuri that is funny..You think bc you are in the army you are something special? I really don't think so..I have heard plenty of stories about you guys on power trips killing innocent ppl..You do not impress me..

July 21, 2012 at 7:02 am |
      • Steve

cdp = troll

July 21, 2012 at 8:24 am |
      • cdp

Steve I think your mom is the troll. I simply stated my opinion. We don't have to agree

July 21, 2012 at 8:28 am |
    • rtodd

the point "EGGY31" is that we are out here in these countries getting shot at every day protecting our homeland and what do we get to come back to? some psyco shooting us on our very limited down time. i am sure if there were cops and or firemen involved in the shootings they would also be posted up here and have a little statement for them as well but are you going to hate on the fact that they are getting a little bit of notification. so comments like yours should be kept to yourself, i have been on deployment for 8 months now and still am over seas and i have friend that are stationed on that base so this article is very helpful to me and others i work with to give us out here some peace of mind that our friends were not involved, and lets us know that those of are brothers from there are, injured but safe.

July 21, 2012 at 4:32 am | Reply
      • Mar G

rtodd please know that we thank God for our troops ! Everyday we pray the Lord guards your lives and brings each of you back home safe to your families ! We appreciate what our troops do to protect this nation ! please forgive and ignore discouraging comments coming from people that missed the point of this news ! Once again Thank you for giving your life and time to protect this nation Thank you for defending the freedom that we enjoy today ! God bless you and keep you and your fellow soldiers safe !

July 21, 2012 at 5:44 am |
      • Al

You couldn't have said it better. It would be great if more people understand or could at least empathize with the sacrifices that men and women of the military services have to endure, whether it be abroad or at home. Thank you for your service.

July 22, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • rhondajo3

The military "SOLDIERS", could have died in Iraq or Afghanifuk, and yet they made it home safely, how can you not get that????????

July 21, 2012 at 5:02 am | Reply
    • Tg3211

Someone sounds jealous someone is getting more attention.

July 21, 2012 at 7:48 am | Reply
    • Mark

The military is a large part of the community in Aurora, so to those of us in the local area, it IS news. Even though CNN is an international news network, some of their articles will apply more to the local area than the wide area. If you don't care, don't read the article, it isn't hard to click somewhere else.

July 21, 2012 at 8:21 am | Reply
    • Steve

The military is singled out because:
      1. The irony of the story.
      2. Most if not all are from different parts of the country which means someone affected may be someone you know whether you are from Alaska or Florida.

Of course, if you have an anti-military bias, which you and some of the other responders obviously do, then none of this matters.

July 21, 2012 at 8:22 am | Reply
    • AAG

Wow, people are ignorant. KIlling military personnel AUTOMATICALLY makes this is a FEDERAL crime.

This isn't just a Colorado case anymore and will be tried in the FEDERAL courts (first), not just state court.

July 21, 2012 at 8:52 am | Reply
  50. jswagkobe24

Thats crazy does it get to the point wer u have to use metal detectors

July 21, 2012 at 3:27 am | Reply
  51. joseph hinson

My heart goes out to every one and may we find peace threw our lord in this crisis

July 21, 2012 at 3:24 am | Reply
  52. Rhonda

Why does the media refer to a soldier as a "troop"????? A troop is many soldiers. Please please get it straight!

And I am so sorrowful about the loss of life. God please bless every family member who is grieving and mourning....

July 21, 2012 at 2:59 am | Reply
    • Michelle

Rhonda – "troops" is also a collective term used to mean military personnel (or law enforcement personnel) and the term is used by the media because it's used by the military. So when you see something like "troops among the victims" read that as military personnel among the victims. Get it now?

July 21, 2012 at 4:19 am | Reply
    • Arileypate

"Troop" refers to a member of the armed services, and is a general term used to describe all services. "Soldier" refers specifically to a member of the Army, just as Airman refers to a member of the Air Force and Sailor refers to a member of the navy. Calling a marine, sailor, or airman a "soldier" wouldn't be correct.

July 21, 2012 at 4:26 am | Reply
    • rhondajo3

Read the dictionary description...

July 21, 2012 at 4:57 am | Reply
  53. Jackie

my heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families. Its tragic . Although insurance agencies are dropping psychotic meds and services and now this is happening ;( . Not alot of ppl know where to find help. Obviously this man has been planning this for quite some time. Hes sick minded

July 21, 2012 at 2:18 am | Reply
  54. Bobby Dias

Why were there real blood and death guys there watching pretend blood and death? Or did somebody make up that there were troops watching the movie? Many people are making money on our servicemen that are ordered to stay quiet even when somebody lies about them. Example- Obama said that there is no more fighting by the US in Iraq and Afghanistan but our troops die there still.

July 21, 2012 at 2:16 am | Reply
    • Flakko

Bobby, you are insane. Please get help.

July 21, 2012 at 2:36 am | Reply
    • rhondajo3

Are you drunk?

July 21, 2012 at 3:13 am | Reply
    • aly

That's cause he wants everyone to vote for him I am a wife and see people deploying every day and at least 25 people during a month over there

July 21, 2012 at 6:05 am | Reply
    • armyguy559

Actually there isnt anymore troops in Iraq. Only Afghanistan. President never said that the fighting in Afghanistan has ended. He pledged 12 years more of support with troops being removed in 2014.

July 21, 2012 at 8:29 am | Reply
  55. escher7

Kind of ironic that servicemen who probably served in the Middle East get shot in the U.S. But based on what I see on these forums we probably have as man extremists as Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

July 21, 2012 at 1:14 am | Reply
    • escher7

"many" (get an edit function CNN, you have it on other forums)

July 21, 2012 at 1:15 am | Reply
      • hmmmm

OWS, which it is looking like this guy is a member of, is extremely anti military. pretty sure he would be happiest if the theater had been filled to the brim with vets... and republicans who earn more than 6 figures.

July 21, 2012 at 1:25 am |
  56. brown

hehe!

This is simply an unmasked reflection of the current state of human civility ...sit back and enjoy the bloodbath.

July 21, 2012 at 12:50 am | Reply
  57. insurance

no one needs a AR-15 unless we say so

July 20, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Reply
  58. insurance

get people who need help the right kind of help making sure meds perscribed are meds taken

July 20, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Reply
  59. insurance

buy your health care insurance through the new exchanges test everyone one a year

July 20, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Reply
  60. StanCalif

I would really like to hear Romney explain how all those severely injured will pay for their medical bills! Explain this! I am sure the medical bills will bankrupt many families. Who will pay for this?

July 20, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Reply
    • nokat

Better ask Obama, he's too busy printing dollar bills and passing out medicaid cards to the illegals.

July 21, 2012 at 3:36 am | Reply
    • abcxyz

My thoughts are the movie theater will end up paying for the injured/killed. Prayers to the victims and their families.

July 21, 2012 at 5:21 am | Reply
      • StanCalif

The way our "system" works today is that this incident will make a huge amount of money for the lawyers! Many lawsuits will be filed and this will drag on for years! The lawyers will make money from this, everyone else will suffer. The medical bills will be denied by the theater's insurance company. The families who suffered in this will be suffering (financially and mentally) for many years to come!

July 21, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • Tg3211

Clearly we should go with the liberal policy and spend money we don't have and pass the bill to the next generation.

July 21, 2012 at 7:51 am | Reply
      • cdp

Clearly some ppl seem to think that everyone isn't responsible for their medical bills. Lots of these same ppl go w/out health insurance but when they get sick they run to emergency rooms and never pay the bill..Everyone gets sick..You should be required to have health care.. Don't like it? TO BAD

July 21, 2012 at 8:36 am |
  61. Sick of Saeed

you would think CNN would turn saeed in to some government agency so he could be put under surveillance. It’s CNN civil responsible to have this nut arrested or put in the nut house.

July 20, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Reply
  62. PhilG

WE NEED TO -–AGAIN-–OUTLAW GUN MAGAZINES THAT HOLD OVER TEN ROUNDS.

July 20, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Reply
    • Sid

Cat's out of the bag on that one. If the criminals can be armed with 15-30 rounds per load, I want to be able to respond with similar force.

July 20, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Reply
      • retphxfire

This is a sincere question. Do you really think that you could have responded to his attack without causing your own casualties? Do you really think that anyone could use a safe and controlled response in a situation where someone is armed with a rapid fire, large capacity clip weapon? Do we all start carrying offensive weapons?

July 20, 2012 at 10:13 pm |
      • Robyn

Especially in a situation like this one, where the gunman was covered almost head-to-toe in bullet-resistant materials, so that the number of shots you'd need to fire to *stop* him would likely increase–thereby increasing your chances of hitting an innocent person in the chaos. I don't fully understand the details of how he was apprehended, but there've been no indications that he was treated for gunshot wounds; he was simply overpowered, I think?

I don't deny that there might be isolated situations in which having armed person on hand improves the math, but it simply seems like another person firing back, in this scenario, would have been disastrous. The statistics back this up as being generally true (you're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder, etc.)

I'd love to see better gun training and mental and emotional competency tests. I don't want to take away any regular, sane person's gun. But I'd really like crazy people to not have them.

July 20, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
    • Trevor

PhilG- Even if you limited the rounds, a person that is intent on a "mass" killing is going to adjust to carry out just as much damage. That person will simply have multiple guns on their person, chambered. There was another article on CNN saying the same thing...

July 21, 2012 at 1:39 am | Reply
    • Oz

Yes, because it takes so long to reload? Doubtful.

July 21, 2012 at 1:52 am | Reply
  63. tandb

where was the ATF DHS FBI DOD CONGRESS the SUPREME COURT NRA ISRAEL the olyimpic dancing horse & trainer–watching the movie–taking notes

July 20, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Reply
  64. David Moore

My thoughts and prayers go to all the people who were killed or injured in the shooting. A tragedy.

July 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Reply
  65. GOPisGreedOverPeople

The GOP solution: Double the military budget.

July 20, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Reply
    • RetiredVet

What does your reply have to do with the GOP or the military budget? Nothing! Innocent people were killed or injured by a lone gunman sick in the head. The GOP and the military budget have nothing to do with this senseless tragety.

July 20, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Reply
      • retphxfire

The GOP has been 'purchased' by the NRA. If we had more common sense regulations, including closing gun show and private dealer loopholes, as well as psychiatric testing for anyone not in the military or LEO that wants to purchase offensive weapons. The facts on NRA lobbying and contributions to the GOP support the belief they have purchases votes, check it out.

July 20, 2012 at 10:16 pm |
      • Sick of Saeed

retphxfire, Why should military or LEO personnel be exempt from psychiatric testing?

July 20, 2012 at 10:21 pm |
      • Trevor

RetiredVet: You ask a simple question about a post not-related to the article and get another person that STILL goes off topic...I'm sorry for people wasting you time.

July 21, 2012 at 1:42 am |
      • TC

@ retphxfire
        The NRA has reported more and more contributions to Democrats in recent elections - from $236,330 in 2008 to $373,500 in 2010. The NRA contributes to both sides genius.

As for the tons of comments about not allowing AK47s, I believe they said he had an AR-15 (Civilian equivilent to an M16) not an AK47. Please know what you are talking about before posting comments.

July 22, 2012 at 7:07 am |
    • Porcelain Bus Driver

While not a particular fan of the GOP or military budget, your remark is truly asinine.

July 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Reply
      • Beadlesaz

Ditto

July 20, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
    • Earnest T Bass

what a dweeb.

July 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Reply
    • dion

Hes justa troll

July 20, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Reply
  66. Brian from Murfreesboro

One would think you could go to a movie and not worry about being shot at. These injured service members are trained to fight our nations wars, but when they are home where they should be able to relax the worst possible scenerio happens. This is a sad day for us all.

July 20, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Reply
  67. saeed

what a great thing has happened someone should also take a flame thrower to a british kindergarten burn the filth down someone should also poison the water that the kids drink in britain with rat poison.

July 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Reply
    • saeedTheTowelHead

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddy?

July 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Reply
    • Enduring Life

I think you need an extremely hostile visitation.

July 20, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Reply
    • dion

You have not taken your meds

July 20, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Reply
    • Asmo

Flouride is close enough to rat poison to dumb down the population.

July 21, 2012 at 12:43 am | Reply
      • Flakko

Rats can't process fluoride, people can. So: for rats fluoride = poison, for humans fluoride = a helpful tool to prevent cavities. Conspiracy theories done now?

July 21, 2012 at 2:42 am |
      • New World Order

Flakko is obviously a Fluoride head. Only fluoride heads defend poisoning of our water supply.

Wake up this whole shooting was staged and is a psyop. How does an unemployed student afford 20k in guns and materials to pull this off?

Shadow government designed to take away the 2nd amendment just like fast and furious.

July 21, 2012 at 5:18 am |
    • Oz

Get back to your little boys pedarast....

July 21, 2012 at 1:55 am | Reply
    • shalom

This guys real name is not saeed, its ari or yitzakh

July 21, 2012 at 5:26 am | Reply