July 9th, 2012

Syrian launches war games during revolt

New and alarming developments in the middle east.
Get this: Syria's leader actually blames the United States for undermining peace efforts in his country. Bashar Al-Assad accuses the U.S. of supporting "terrorists" - that's his word - who are fighting to overthrow him.
Not only that, the syrians are conducting war games right now.

Filed under: Assad • Iran • Syria
  1. lance

america focus on the economy and unemployment, national debt stop trying to police the world.

July 11, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Reply
  2. biggybig

a t l e a s t h e I s p u l l I n g h I s h e a d o u t o f p u T I n s b a c k s I d e n o o f f e n s e t o p U t I n h e y p u T I n n I c e s h I p s a r e y o u p l a n n I n g o n s I n k I n g s o m e c a r g o b o a t s b y m I s t a k e o r a r e y o u g o I n g t o l e t a s s a D s c r e w I t a l l u p f I r s t

July 10, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Reply
  3. biggybig

July 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Reply
  4. pugsly

ALL ISLAM////go hide in your caves because we are coming for you all.

July 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  5. oldpatriot

What a load of garbage. Is there a quote from a government official in the Syrian regime in this article, what is the source of the information here, who is saying their are starting up war games ?

July 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Reply
  6. krolus

These people have hated the U.S. for as long as I,myself,can remember.The way I see it let them fight it out and wait to see what rises from the ashes.Arming certain factions?Well thats not very strategic.But then again I,myself, am not or will not be part of the circle of pwer that rules the world,including syria!No one is free we all eat and wear and talk about what ever the powers to be want.Choices you say no they make the choices we just chose which one!

July 10, 2012 at 9:51 am | Reply
  7. War Games

Are they playing Call Of Duty?

July 10, 2012 at 9:09 am | Reply
  8. duckforcover

We are making enemies faster than we can kill them.

July 10, 2012 at 8:26 am | Reply
  9. Cyrus

Fear mongering rejected.

CNN, have some shame.

July 10, 2012 at 12:30 am | Reply
  10. revelations 13:7

one nations' 'freedom-fighter' is another nations' 'terrorist'... so, if russia or china started arming OCCUPY groups and helping them overthrow the US government, you wouldn't happen to think that there would be any ulterior motive to that, right?... every country that was 'liberated' during the arab spring were all turned into little puppet states for the US and the rest of the west; none of them have flourished into a people's-choice republic or some such thing

July 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Reply
    • oldpatriot

It is also worthy to note that every country involved in the Arab spring was on a regime change hit list in the Pentagon, the whole mess is a made up pack of lies to justify more war in the world. of course the leaders of these various countries are american toadies with puppet dictatorships masquerading as democracies. Assad like many before him have claimed innocence and American covert military action against them – I guess every leader in the world comes up with the same excuse for their actions!

The truth is heresy in the empire of lies!

July 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Reply
  11. Brett

Oh PLEASE, if we wanted Syria gone they would be a friggin parking lot for a McDonalds by tomorrow!

July 9, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Reply
  12. Pepe

If the US is trully arming Syrian """rebels """, it IS undermining peace efforts

July 9, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Reply