U.S. sees increased Iran involvement in Syria
An image grab taken from a video uploaded on YouTube on March 1, 2012 shows a Syrian army tank rolling through a street in Dumeir
March 5th, 2012

U.S. sees increased Iran involvement in Syria

By Barbara Starr

The United States sees increasing involvement by and military aid from Iran in the attacks against opposition to the Syrian regime, according to several Obama administration officials.

They believe Iran wants to do whatever it can to ensure the survival of the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, one of Tehran's closest allies.

"The aid from Iran is absolutely on the rise and is of very real concern," a U.S. official told CNN. "Tehran has supplied equipment, weapons and technical assistance - notably computer monitoring tools - to help suppress unrest."

This includes providing equipment to monitor communications of opposition groups. Iranian officials have continued to travel to Damascus to deliver the aid, the official said.

"Iran's relationship with Syria is deep, and the motivations for maintaining those ties are solid and pragmatic. For one, Iran does not want to see AQI (al Qaeda in Iraq) gain a foothold in Syria, the official told CNN.

A second U.S. official told CNN the assistance includes money and training, as well as weapons and riot gear.

Neither of the officials would be identified due to the sensitive nature of the intelligence information.

Syria's military has been reduced only slightly by defections to the opposition, U.S. official say. The latest U.S assessment is that as many as 10,000 Syrian troops may have defected, but that is only a fraction of Syria's more than 600,000-man active duty and reserve force.

1. pipe à fumer

Currently in the world of celebration and enjoyment the Hookahs include come to be very well known. Anywhere your self shift on your own can view a parlor of Bongs. Still they are not basically used for feeding on enjoyment in just some spots Smoking cigarettes Pipes are as well utilized towards deliver a specific wholesome and comprehensively match back again.
    pipe à fumer http://tobaccopiperestore.com

September 23, 2014 at 8:31 am | Reply
  2. 手機行動電源

Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you are using? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! 手機行動電源 http://www.powerbankland.com

June 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Reply
  3. antiayatoolah

hey vinay just watch what happens when we put a carrier group in the strait and obama decides we want the oil. i guess we will find out who the superpower is fairly soon.

March 9, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Reply
  4. antiayatoolah

lmao is that like some kinda third world tank in that pictutre?

March 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Reply
  5. Sayan Majumdar

Entangled among fierce debates and “mud-slinging” the bloggers have failed to notice that the above photograph is not of a tank as stated but of a Mechanised Infantry Combat Vehicle (MICV) of Russian BMP series.

Sayan.

March 8, 2012 at 7:04 am | Reply
  6. American Teenager

and GW, if you would read my other posts about Israel this is what I've been saying "Israel FUCK OFF!" I'm paraphrasing of course but that's my basic point. NEVER call me a Zionist!

March 6, 2012 at 10:21 am | Reply
  7. American Teenager

GW, I am an American. Born in Denton, Texas 6/8/93 I live in Richardson, TX if you want to visit me. I am joining the US Navy Reserve out of college and have no qualms about fighting and dying for this country do not test me.

March 6, 2012 at 10:15 am | Reply
    • Buzzer

Going into the Naval Reserves,? "don't test me"? Nineteen? Approaching time to change your username, past time to grow up, stop with the profanity and endless juvenile engagements with other "kids" on this forum. Time to be an "adult". If you're going to the Reserves via ROTC or OTS, hopefully the DIs will "expedite" your "maturity". If you continue to exhibit this juvenile attitude as a junior officer, I'll GUARANTEE YOU that other active duty O-3s or 4s like myself will be happy to take Lts like you behind closed doors and "educate" you on what professionalism and being an officer really encompasses. Best of luck in your "transformation" from unemloyed kid to professional officer.

March 6, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  8. American Teenager

I think I'm done here, play nice az, Vinay stay stupid

March 6, 2012 at 8:30 am | Reply
  9. American Teenager

@ Vinay, you realize the Euros can turn to Canada right? There are some large oil fields there as well. And our advanced weapons are borderline magic, have you ever seen what they can do en masse? Didn't think so, Iran and its missiles will be as shortlived as a battery if war starts, and Russia and China can't and won't do anything because they have too much to lose and nothing to gain in return.

March 6, 2012 at 8:26 am | Reply
    • George Washington

am teen you're a joke.

you're no american.

it's so easy to see you're a dog-face zionist bitach!

March 6, 2012 at 9:46 am | Reply
      • Clinton

Hey person labelling themselves "George Washington" – Do you think the Real George Washington would support any of your crazy ideas? Go get a life, quit hating on Israel because you're too stupid to have a productive life that matters. in other words... get a job meth head.

March 6, 2012 at 11:33 am |
      • anti_zionist

Is that you again clinton...

Don't worry, this fag pretends to be a soldier

March 6, 2012 at 9:46 pm |
  10. John

get ready to rock n roll. Should take out 2 birds (Iran and Syria) with one big stone.

March 6, 2012 at 8:04 am | Reply
  11. lladavnoj

Look if we get involved and say help the activist u know russia and china are gonna help the regime and we know iran already is syria a lost cause

March 6, 2012 at 7:35 am | Reply
  12. mr g

I lived for a year in Israel and I can tell you those jews really know how to parrrrteeeee. And those Heeb Babes! Oy vey they are hotter than a babies bottom. Shalom!

March 6, 2012 at 3:51 am | Reply
    • Ho Hunter

Yeah, and big titty pp-suking zionists women are the easiest to get to drop their linen. Heck, the average zionist woman has 3 abortions every 5 years and they pay nothing for it. Dumb American Christian groups support and pay for the abortions with no questions asked. They do it because if you give all to israel their god will give back to you.

it's the best con-job going on.

March 6, 2012 at 9:51 am | Reply
  13. mr g

Juvenile retort??

March 6, 2012 at 3:37 am | Reply
    • mamoud

Y don U shut the fuck up? Stoopid G

March 6, 2012 at 3:47 am | Reply
  14. mr g

can you spell anything right besides anti-zionist?

March 6, 2012 at 3:33 am | Reply
    • Ho Hunter

i can spell dirty evil zionist pp-sucking racists from khazarland.

March 6, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
  15. Tiny

After reading most of these exchanges – I hope we humans discover and make contact with intellegent alien life. Maybe then we can finally figure out that no matter where your from, what your culture, what your sex or religion might be, we are just earthlings – and then maybe, just maybe, all this crap that we do to each other, all the finger pointing, all the bitching, and all the killing will finally become a past evolutionary step that we as a species needed to go through to advance ourselfs to a higher level of true enlightnment and a time of peace will fall upon the planet. . Ok, so I had a flashback to the 60's – what's wrong with that? Careful now, I could have a senior moment next. Although I wish I had a crystal ball (my bald head is as close as I come to that), I am torn as to what is the best option. But I do remember this – all mothers love their children. I choose the best way to keep these loses to the smallest possible while hoping to insure freedom for those who want it.

March 6, 2012 at 12:42 am | Reply
    • anti_zionist

We must cater to our OWN before we even consider others problems...

People are dying, and being oppressed here, in the US of A

March 6, 2012 at 1:18 am | Reply
  16. why we fight

war is always going to be inevitable just the way it is.death is inevitable just the way that is.population control thats the reality here.so you can comment all you want.argue all you want.be afraid all you want.it just sounds to me that alot of you are afraid of death.accept you higher power as a cristian god is mine jesus is my savior.so live your life and take the fruits it gives you.ask your higher power to forgive you of all sin.you can run to the hills but one day you will die its inevitable.

March 5, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

You disgust good, logical people.

Go rape some young boys, I hear its the fad amoung Christian's these days....

People are stronger than your fairy tale.

March 6, 2012 at 1:28 am | Reply
      • antiayatoolah

do you mean those 1950 silkworm missles from china? oh yeah man good stuff kinda like the scud but less accurate. you dumb fucks dont realize china makes the cheapest shit in the world. but you feel free to use that chinese shit to try shooting our planes down 3 days after they are gone. dumb sheep keeper

March 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm |
  17. mj

Read "the ezekiel option" by joel rosenburg. very interesting book!

March 5, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Reply
  18. John

Iran is not in Syria.

March 5, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Reply
    • Ryan

Thats an odd thing to say since two of Irans warships are docked at Syria

March 6, 2012 at 7:20 am | Reply
  19. American Teenager

az, His stats are correct but his conclusion however is flawed. That incident was a misinterpertation of the ROE's and a case of an itchy trigger finger combined with the fact a brief engagement between Iran and the US had just taken place. The "root of terror" argument is one of ancient origins, before the US existed. Terror is simply a strategy used by organizations and nations alike. Terror has been a tactic that's been in us since wars were fought. There really is no clear cut root of terror. But there are terrorists, and there's a difference between what the US has done compared to what Al Quaeda, the Taliban, the Mossad, the Hesbollah, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards and the other drug cartels do. That doesn't make it right and I'm not saying we haven't commited acts of terror intentionally the fact is we have, the bombings of Germany and Japan being most prevelant. But we try not to, but accidents do happen

March 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

Modern terror is anything but ancient.

By definition.

March 6, 2012 at 1:02 am | Reply
  20. suibne

Naaaaaaah......gowaaaaaan. Ya think? Naaaaah. Iran? Syria? Naaaaaaaaah. Why do you guys always feign a kind of indifferent stupidity when it comes to abetting the enemy? Oh yeah....you are socialists. I forgot.

March 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Reply
  21. American Teenager

az, I was combatting Jannani's claim about America being the root of terror.

March 5, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Reply
  22. TheLastIndependent

Wait, Iran is in Syria. Protract the war, protract the war. Don’t bother trying to airstrike their nuclear program; force them to fork up cash into ugly, bitter, long slug fest. That’ll make them tuck their tail between their legs.

March 5, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Reply
  23. John

I will always find it funny when people think the US cannot afford another war. Even funnier is when people think the US Military lost in Iraq. Let me set everything straight. The traditional army vs army war in Iraq was over in a few weeks. The Iraqis never stood a chance. What costs a crap load of money and was extremely difficult was rebuilding and winning the hearts and minds of the people. The US loves to do that, so it can have a hand in future politics within the new government. If the US really wanted to, and it can definitly afford to, is completely destroy Iran's military, bomb em back to the stone age as the saying goes. Its very true and wont cost nearly as much as putting boots on the ground and trying to make everything alright.

March 5, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Reply

Your a fool.

Educate yourself.

March 5, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Reply
      • Ryan

John is correct.

Educate yourself

March 6, 2012 at 7:22 am |
    • antiayatoolah

bomb them till that shithole looks like something out of a prehistoric nightmare!!!!

March 9, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Reply
  24. American Teenager

Jannani, 9/11 need I say more?

March 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Reply

9 11 was carried out by SAUDI'S!!!! this is common knowledge

March 5, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Reply
  25. American Teenager

az, I agree. But what would you suggest? This is a very volatile situation and the security of the region is at stake.

March 5, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

The security of the WORLD, not the region. Israel must be choked unto submission.

March 5, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Reply
    • radgast

why would you do anything to Israel, they are where they are rightfully suppose to be, A little knowledge in history could prove to help you better understand the status of todays world and the current country maps since world war 1.

March 5, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Reply
      • anti_zionist

You need the lesson you idiot.

Why the fukk do the Jews deserve PALASTINE, because EUROPE took out some hate on them....

You fail.

March 6, 2012 at 1:05 am |
  26. Jannani

Iran Air Flight 655 was a civilian jet airliner shot down by U.S. missiles on July 3, 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War. The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2-203 operated by Iran Air, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf on its usual flight path when it was destroyed by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes (CG-49), killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard,[1] ranking it twelfth among the deadliest disasters in aviation history.
    America is the root of all terror.

March 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Reply
    • antiayatoolah

yep and if you werent so fuckn stupid maybe you would stop talking up your shithole country and find somewhere to move before we start blowing it up

March 9, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Reply
  27. American Teenager

@NSA, ??? I never said anything to you at all. Unless I insulted your beliefs or something. If I did too bad.

March 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Reply
  28. American Teenager

az why are we arguing over something we agree on?

March 5, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

If you agree with a peaceful deconstruction of Israel, and the securing of its illegal nuclear weapons, then we are indeed comrades.

March 5, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Reply
  29. American Teenager

No, Israel is good as a potential staging point for military operations. I never said Israel was good for the "people." As I said Israel is a loose cannon and should be treated as such, although they have the potential for good.

March 5, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

They are useless. Several, far better, staging areas are readily available.

They endanger Americans with their illegal actions, and are basically a shiitpot for bankers.

Fukk em.

March 5, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Reply
  30. American Teenager

az listen, you have reason to not like Israel, in fact I don't like 'em much either. All they've brought the US is trouble. But they have their usesand we really don't have a really good military ally in that region. But if they insist on their erratic behavior something bad will happen and unnecessary blood will be spilt fo no just cause.

March 5, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

What a foul summation....

Ignorant fool. Read a book on geo-political theory before you speak in such a manner.

Israel is good for blood money billionaires, not the American people.

March 5, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  31. American Teenager

Actually AZ I'm not lying, I'm trying to find a publisher right now for my book, "The New GI Generation" It details a prelude to a world war by examining the current political climate and predicts the outcome, initiation, and strategy of the potential combatants. I examined every potential contingency from proxy to nuclear exchange. I detail the war on every continent it takes place on and I pretty accurately predicted what would happen. I asked several college professors and retired military members. I'll send you a copy.

March 5, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Reply
    • NSA5552

Send me your analogy American teenager..azmf12@hotmail.com

March 5, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

Believe this....you HAVEN'T studied all possibilities...

It's happening now.

Too late.

March 5, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  32. American Teenager

@ anti-zionist, I probably know more than you do about a potential WW3 scenario. Try me, if you dare, I'm writing a book about that exact topic.

March 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Reply

You don't.

And your a liar.

March 5, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Reply
      • antiayatoolah

but its always fun when the countries are third world shitholes that we get to test all our new stuff on. plus bombs help the economy, we dont need soldiers in iran, just sustained massive airstrikes, and we need to use enough bombs so the factories can start building more bombs..... bombs+economy=fucked iranians

March 9, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
  33. Mark G.

When the US colonies went to war with England, France was there to help. The British used German mercenaries. England came to the defense of Poland in WW2.Nations helping other nations in warfare is nothing new. But it is too bad that we are so dependent on middle east oil. Otherwise, we could stay out of the fray.It is too bad that the Canadian oilsands pipeline was put on hold.

March 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Reply
  34. BeeOOOBee

Syria has ugliest looking tanks.

March 5, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Reply
  35. American Teenager

@ Vinay, what world do you live in? The US needing India's support? War in Europe? If you predict that kind of crap I wonder if you have forseen the day when pigs fly. Wake up and smell the stupidity.

March 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  36. George Patton

Being surrounded by enemies on all sides, Syria will need all the help that it can get!

March 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Reply
  37. American Teenager

I'm not hating on anyone in India but your country could do little about interfering with the US because of the threat of Pakistan right next door.

March 5, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Reply
  38. BigTex

More zionist lies here. No more wars for Israel! America First!

March 5, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Reply
    • RR

uh....OK, Tex.

March 5, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Reply
    • EatYouAlive

OK, BigIranian.

March 5, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Reply
  39. DEAN

hmm..ooh boy...pls is there any sign of prove that, this is true? was this realy discovered by US government officials or a media globe peace threat......

March 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Reply
    • EatYouAlive

Ummm... there probably is lots of proof of it, yes.

March 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  40. American Teenager

To all of you people saying that America is falling, think again. We were ten times as bad economically and had hardly a military in the Great Depression. Look what happened, now adays we are far more powerful and we have the most powerful military there ever will exist, so tell me what would happen to an India and China that depends very heavily on the US for its crappy goods. In case you haven't noticed we own the industries in your countries and we can just as easily take them away. Remember that before saying we're weak. The US has been through worse.

March 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Reply
  41. kafantaris

Watching a brutal regime kill scores of people day after day with impunity that it may stay in power makes accomplices of us all. History will be unkind.
    McCain is right. We have sat this one out too long.
    The time to act is now. And we may already be too late.

March 5, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Reply
    • Uncle Sammy

Nope, let the Arabs police their own. The clown in the white house is cutting our military by 500B, so just 1 war at a time when our national security is involved. But feel free to head over there yourself to help out.

March 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Reply
      • Buzzer

There is only one reason we would get involved and its unfortunately an American economic interest, and that's oil. Instability in the M.E. has global economic implications. Even if the U.S. becomes energy independent tomorrow, the other countries around the world don't have the capability at present and don't have the military as an option to stablize the region. A full blown warfare in an area in which the Europeans and Asia get the majority of their oil would cause the global economy to implode.

March 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
      • mikeTG

You're absolutely right, let those Arabs kill each other. Those Arabs should have a taste of their own medicine (suicide bombers, IEDs, traitors killing their own comrades).

With one war finished and other winding down it is necessary to cut military spending. It has happened after any major battle and to any nation involved. Any clown in the white house had to make that decision. Perhaps 500b is too much or it could be right on the borderline.

March 6, 2012 at 7:13 am |
  42. daniel

first of all...iran has long been supplying syria with weapons including scud missiles ,rockets,.not only syria has emence stockpiles of chemical and biological nerve agents to add to these weapons..and syria is not iraq...asaad is a ruthless dictator that has no respect for human life..and it is only a matter of time now before a full scale ww3 begins...there will be a u.s led intervention in syria as well as air strikes on irans nuclear ambitions with help of nato as well as isreal and some arab states.

March 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Reply
    • Matt

dead on, unfortunately

March 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Reply

Your quite putrid.....

Israel is the root cause of this bullshi t.

Time for them to let in IAEA....

March 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Reply
    • Buzzer

Daniel-
      When you say WW3, what countries are going to get involved? I'll bet you right now the Russians and the Chinese as some have suggested, are not going to come down on Syria's or Iran's side and commit the full weight of their military directly (actually putting troops in these countries or deploying aircraft to counterstrike) against the U.S. or even Israel for that matter. Maybe they'll covertly provide them technical expertise on their existing weapons systems and MAY ship in SAMs (doubtful). In fact, not even regional players would side with Iran if Israel conducted airstrikes on Iran, hell Saudi would welcome it and would probably give over flight rights or just "look the other way" and claim ignorance.

Anti Zionist- Drop the "Israel is responsible for everything", your type never cite specific examples and you know damn good an well that in this case the "unrest" in Syria has NOTHING to do with Israel. Go tell the opposition forces that they are doing a great job of doing Israel's bidding to de-stabilize a regime hostile to Israel...strange that the WORLD that your type claims hates Israel so much has NEVER mentioned Israel as contributing factor to the conflict in Syria. Go tell the women and children dying in Homs right now that they're being good little "puppets" for Israel...you're paranoid and PATHETIC.

March 5, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Reply

Buzzer blow me.

I don't have enough room to list the myraid reasons that would justify a healthy hate of the zionist state, to any informed human.

They do my job for me...

History repeats, don't forget..

March 5, 2012 at 8:49 pm |
      • Buzzer

You just lost all creditability when you resorted to juvenile retorts telling of a inmature teenager..."cock", "blow me", "fag"...Most likely not a day past 18 or you're homophobe...one of the two, only these two type of people use this type of language.

My comment on this subject here was SPECIFICALLY on Syria...you can't seem to "keep on point", which means you don't counter in a focused manner, can't state anything factual on the subject, and "cop out" by stating you don't have enough "space" to list even ONE thing Israel is responsible for in the...now read this SLOWLY and concentrate... PRESENT CONFLICT IN SYRIA ... result? You lose.

Secondly, an even more EGREGIOUS STATEMENT by you is equating my statement on Iraq and civilian casualties by stating that I "favor" Israel...you do realize the word "Israel" wasn't even in the post by "Jannani" that I was refuting...much less my own statement? Are you high on something, or can you not control you emotions and debate an articulate manner?

You not going to be "engaged" any longer...when you resort to personal attacks/juvenile language you lose the argument.

I'll wait for the childish insults and unfocused retorts...I and the vast majority of folks here will just laugh, not take you seriously and move on...

March 6, 2012 at 12:39 am |

Not really...

It's what ninetey percent of people think when they read your zionist posts....do your actually the odd man out.

Fag....

March 6, 2012 at 1:08 am |
  43. Jannani

America is the root of all terror. America has invaded sixty countries since world war 2. In 1953, America overthrow Iran's democratic government and installed a brutal dictator. During Iran-Iraq war, America supported Saddam, which killed over million Iranian people. In 2003, America invaded Iraq and killed 1,000,000+ Iraqi people and displaced 4,000,000+ Iraqi people.
    Now America is a failed state with huge debt. Its debt will be 24 trillion dollar by 2015.

March 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Reply
    • albert

And yet America is the only superpower in the world. Go figure...

March 5, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Reply
      • Vinay

What superpower ? If it was a superpower it should have had Iran in its pockets by now. I am from India, living in India and we know America cannot succeed if it dosent have India's support. Europe is a gone case. In fact I see wars within Europe in the next ten years. US could have been a superpower if it had not squandered its money bigtime. Any war with Iran will not only overthrow the President of the US, it will change the entire democratic system of the country's government. I am not saying anything fancy here, we are living in a real world.

March 5, 2012 at 6:33 pm |
      • ScottIndy

Vinay – I just returned from India and I agree that as the world's largest democracy, it is instrumental that our nations work together. Indian people were some of the nicest I've ever met.

March 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
      • Rob

@Vinay
        No matter how much debt the US has or how you feel about it, the US military has the ability to extinguish all life on this planet at least several times over. Yes... The US remains a superpower. I don't support our government in everything that it does, but don't get it twisted. please...

March 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm |
      • EatYouAlive

Wars within Europe in 10 years.... what utter tripe and nonsense.

March 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm |
      • Vinay

Rob, find it hard to believe Europe will be in turmoil ? If the war happens, just wait and see, ME oil will reduce to a trickle, ( insurance companies will not continue to underwrite) because Iran will become a country full of terrorists and no matter how much high tech weapons US or anyone has (remember Iraq) targeting ships at Hormuz will be a daily affair. The world will naturally turn to Russia, the second biggest oil reserves on earth. Russia. This country will double or triple price of natural gas it exports to Europe, who depend 80% on Russian gas. Not that Russia loves Iran. It will be a calculated commercial decision. There will be a tremendous pressure on Europe if this happens. The riots that you see today within countries will extend to inter countries. Just wait and see. And the "superpower" America will watch helplessly.

March 6, 2012 at 5:54 am |
    • M.

What country are you in? Just so we can add it to the list as #61. Hey, what's another country of blind whiners huh?

March 5, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Reply
    • Darloup

And yet, you went to all that trouble to learn English. And yet, people from all over the world want to immigrate to this "failed state." How many want to immigrate to your country, Jannani?

March 5, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Reply
    • Buzzer

Jannai- Drop the whole "America killed over 1M+" innocent Iraqi civilians. Anyone who is halfway informed with the FACTS knows that insurgents with IEDs are responsible for the VAST majority of civilian deaths in Iraq. Go to any human rights website that reports on Iraqi civilian deaths and you'll be "enlightened".

March 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Reply
      • anti_zionist

How about you go suck a Jew cokk on a different forum.

People have to be paid to tolerate Israel...

Your pathetic.

And foolish, to choose Israel aparteid over democracy.

It'll get ya on the way back..

March 5, 2012 at 8:52 pm |
    • antiayatoolah

failed state huh? bet we have 24billion worth of bombs to drop on your ass

March 9, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Reply
  44. American soldiers?

@Ranger830...Learn to spell

March 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Reply
  45. Ranger830

Does anyone remember the two Iranian ships that passed through the Suez canal last week? Im sure they were only carrying humanitarian supplies right ? The Iranians are such a loving,helping ,caring regime! LOL!

March 5, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Reply
    • antiayatoolah

you mean the two dingys that were going to try to blockade a carrier group?

March 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Reply
  46. political prisoner

Why bother commenting.our government wont listen to us...Iran has a free hand to do what they want and we all know it

March 5, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  47. charlie avila

If the usa and its allies get militarilly envolved in siria or iran, it will trigger the 3rd worls conflagration!...the armaggedon. The usa is not capable of fighting one more war. We have already being downgradad by s& p, and will be degrading again this year or the next. Besides, no nation in human history has been able to control the world. We are tired of wars and of our politician leadres. The usa is breaking up like a puzzles and its national debt is sick!....

March 5, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Reply
    • Darw1n

Ok, Joe Stradamus

March 5, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Reply
    • Bull

It will not. No country poses any viable military threat to the US/NATO .
      Any Iranian pissed off throwing his hands in the air during Friday prayers chanting "death to America" , knows the largest groundforce in the world[Iran has it, no question] are sitting ducks no matter how deep they hide.
      Let the Sunnis free Syria.
      Have mercy on your Christian brothers. Sunnis are notorious haters of Christians. Syria can be a Muslim world leader tolerant of all simultaneously along with a majority say.
      Israel , back down . Iran won't attack you. Too many people are against the Iranian regime.

March 5, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Reply
      • Vinay

"The technology is superior. Of war with Iran comes, the world will see all the US' new capabilities that have been secret for 20 years."

Yeah, you guys will be begging on the streets of India and China, because your country will spend whatever remaining is left there for you on Iran. If Iraq and Afgan could call a 5 trillion hole, Iran is a much bigger country with much better defense than the other two. By the way how much hole is Iraq and Afgan is still causing in your pockets ?

March 5, 2012 at 6:46 pm |

your ill informed.

Irans silkworm cruise missles could destroy major oil resources and deny shipping lanes to invading forces. They also have an advanced, intergrated air defense system.

THE LIBYANS even got one of our f 15s, with an old AA gun.....

Learn.

March 5, 2012 at 7:58 pm |
      • EatYouAlive

ROFL. at anti zionist. Those silkworms were effective a long time ago. counter measures will wipe them off the map in the hurry. iran will happily shoot off its own face if it tries.

biased hating schmuck.

March 5, 2012 at 8:36 pm |

Eatyoualive...

Sounds like somthing an Israeli would do....

March 5, 2012 at 8:54 pm |
  48. nibiro

Isreal will not attack iran to afriad?
    Tiësto feat. Tegan & Sara – Feel It In My Bones (HD Version)

Century VIII, Quatrain 77

Naval battle night will be overcome,
    Fire in the ships to the West ruin:
    New trick, the great ship colored,
    Anger to the vanquished, and victory in a drizzle.

March 5, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Reply
  49. DAN

Do unto others as you would have them do onto you.

March 5, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Reply
  50. Bill

This is pure nonsense...some has-been war "hero" now is falling for the old sob story about women and kids getting hurt in Syria. They themselves couldn't care less but they use this to lure us into the fray knowing we as Judeo-Christians have a problem with that! This would turn out to be an endless battleground with Iran supplying Syria and all their civilians in the middle of the fray. Let the other peaceloving Muslim nations step in and solve this so no "infidels" like us will have to get screwed again and lose men and money over a futile effort. These people cherish bickering and violenbce and life is cheap as the saying goes. We surely have learned by now that intervention and efforts at democratization are hopeless. They will have to come into the 21st century and the community of civilized countries on their own power...someday, maybe.

March 5, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Reply
  51. American Teenager

Does anyone know if Israel has said anything about Iran helping Syria? I would imagine they've increased their readiness on their border.

March 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Reply
    • martin

this is the first i have heard of Iran helping Syria. Now, this i can see being a problem. I think if that happens the US may get more involved.

March 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Reply
      • Brian32

Weeks ago on the RT is clearly stated that Iran sent as many as 15,000 special forces to help end tensions in Syria. So, no it is no secret Iran is helping at all. Iranian special forces have also told news outlets that they have armed Alqaeda as well.

March 5, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
      • Ranger830

@ MARTIN FYI Iran has been helping Syria forever! Where you been man! Through Syria Iran funds, arms and trains Hamas and Hezzbolah to wage jihad on Isreal.As of 2007 my last Deployment to Iraq,We were running ops searching for suspected IED. factories and coming across armor piercing shaped charges of Iranian origin (fact). We beleave through sources that i cannot mention that these were smuggled across the boarder from ? Wait for it! Thats right Syria! The world is an evil,dirty nasty place my friend! Only the dirtiest and nastiest wins! RLTW......

March 5, 2012 at 5:13 pm |

Hush child...

You know nothing of the situation.

Israel controls our military.

Israel controls our money.

But not for long...

March 5, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Reply
      • EatYouAlive

Hush anti zionist, your mud hut needs patching,

LOOK BEHIND YOU!!

March 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm |

I'm right tho...
        Ur just a fag on on forum....

March 5, 2012 at 8:45 pm |
  52. yup

The world takes but the Anerican people get nothing.

March 5, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  53. American Teenager

Hmm... what to do what to do. Before anyone makes a decision double check the intel and reevaluate the options.

March 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Reply
    • anti_zionist

Only a fool would need time to reach the RIGHT desicion....

Dump Israel.

March 5, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Reply
      • EatYouAlive

Dump Iran.

March 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
      • anti_zionist

We don't pay 2 billion a year to Iran..

And know your primitive cerebrum isn't so stupid...

Say thanks...or ull build settlements on your property...

March 5, 2012 at 8:56 pm |
  54. dion

There is NO point to get involved and help other countries who want to KILL YOU! Gingrich just said that we should send in jets to suppress Syrian air forces right now. What a joke. I'd like to see him go over there if hes so commited. America can no longer fight all that is given. WE have already fought two wars which have pretty much depleted our funds. Send food to North Korea as well? Americans are a giving people but Americans are homeless, unemployed and starving. I am sure we can use our monies more in the tune to helping our own people before others.

March 5, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Reply