January 17th, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: Downed airmen tell their tale

By CNN Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr

What to do when your plane crashes over Libya? According to two U.S. airmen: eject from the aircraft, stay on the run - and call dad.

The U.S. aerial bombing campaign over Libya was just two days old last March when F-15 pilot Maj. Kenneth Harney and Capt. Tyler Stark got their mission - conduct airstrikes against Moammar Gadhafi's forces near Benghazi.

Harney would pilot the F-15 in the front seat. Stark, a weapons system officer on his first combat mission, was in the back.

In exclusive interviews with CNN, for the first time both men told their harrowing story of what happened that night when their plane crashed. They had not been permitted by the Air Force to talk until a months-long investigation was recently completed.

The two sat down with CNN at their home base in Lakenheath, England.

Harney says when he woke up on the morning of March 21, he quickly got over a few anxious feelings about the mission that night.

"There's obviously a little bit of nerves in the back of the stomach - it's kind of like you're going out for that big football or basketball game and you're like, wow, this is it. This is the big leagues and I'm going to be flying in combat tonight."

But once they starting flying from their takeoff base in Aviano, Italy, they quickly got down to business. After dropping their 500 pound bomb, they turned back for Italy. Suddenly the aircraft spun out of control. It was about to become the most tense hours of the entire U.S. mission over Libya.

Harney described what its like to pilot an F-15 out of control.

"Very much like if you were driving you're car down the road and you hit a patch of ice and your car starts spinning. That's exactly what our aircraft at that point was doing."

Stark said his first thought was "This is really happening?"

As the plane kept falling, Harney made the call: "Mayday, mayday, mayday," and both men knew they were about to conduct one of the most risky moves in the U.S. military - ejecting from an out-of-control fighter jet over enemy territory.

Harney remembered reaching for the handle on the ejection seat.

"You were scared to death when you're reaching down and pulling the handles, but at that point you are facing a life-or-death situation, and you're going to do what you need to do to survive. So you reach down, you pull the handles."

As they fell to Earth in their parachutes, the men were separated and landed in different places - both hoping they hadn't landed in the middle of Gadhafi's forces.

"I was scared. There's no doubt in my mind that I was terrified," Harney says.

On the ground, he spent the next three hours on the run, trying to hide and radio his position to U.S. planes overhead. The Marines flew in a rescue team. Harney wanted no mistakes.

"As the Osprey (helicopter) starts to put down, I kind of slow my sprint but I'm running towards it. And I see the Marines jump out off the back. My next instinct is, I don't want them to shoot me. I want to look as non-threatening. So I put my hands up in the air, hoping they don't come at me very hostile at this point.

"At that point I don't care if they put me in cuffs. I don't care if they throw a bag over my head. I know I just want to be on that helicopter, because that is U.S. forces, and I know I'm going to be going home."

Stark wound up in the field, possibly in big trouble. Two vehicles approached his hiding place, shining their lights. He heard a voice speaking in English:"American come out - we are here to help."

Stark had no choice.

"I get up and put my hands up and start walking to the voice," he said. "Once I get there, my impression is, OK you have to assume that they are the bad guys."

Stark was driven to a nearby building, still very much on his guard, not knowing if he had been captured, or if those were friendly rebel forces.

But when he was taken into a room, "There is a half circle of locals and I'm thinking this is going to go one of two ways. Either this is where the beatings are going to start or this is where I am going to get a lot of help. Fortunately I walked into the room and got a round of applause."

There was one last problem, with the stress Stark couldn't remember the number to call in the UK for rescue, so, he called his father, from Libya.

"In the age of cell phones, whose number do you know off the top of your head? Well, your parents. So I called him up, spoke with my dad and said, 'Hey, I need you to make a call for me.'"

Stark was sheltered by the friendly Libyans until an Italian boat came and picked him up.

What when wrong with the F-15 that night?

CNN's Per Nyberg and Jennifer Rizzo contributed to this report.

1. Johne694

I discovered your blog site on google and test a number of of your early posts. Proceed to keep up the excellent operate. I simply extra up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Looking for forward to reading extra from you in a while! dafcgefdeeek

April 28, 2014 at 2:51 am | Reply
  2. Simon Wilby the hear now

Smart mouth mobile has yet to let me down. I have not experienced any dropped calls. Thank goodness for the unlimited texting feature, between me and my kids my texting is endless. The apps are simple and easy to download. I am satisfied with my service, there were no hidden fees or surprises when I got bill. You get exactly what you pay for good service!!!

May 10, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Reply
  3. Naomi

business call . I think, as a young metohr, you have to keep reassessing your priorities. A family is like a delicate mobile. If one person isn't happy, everything gets out of balance and balance is so important! Stop doing everything for your kids! A 2 year old can dress themselves, believe it or not. It may not be the outfit you would have picked, but it will free you up to do something else. Don't underestimate their capabilities. Not only will it free you up, but empower them! And you're right you can't do it all!Best,

March 4, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Reply
  4. AMXS

The real tragedy here is the loss of the plane. A/C 304 was acutally pretty good. Should've ditched 135.

January 20, 2012 at 1:07 am | Reply
  5. Lara

WATCH the Interview with EX-NAVY on Your Tube: PROJECT CAMELOT : BILL WOOD : ABOVE & BEYOND PROJECT LOOKING GLASS
    Exposure of their Evil Project.

January 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Reply
    • Brendan

You are a brain washed piece of shit. you know nothing about America and how we function.

January 19, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Reply
    • Brendan

Oh and btw...your leader...who is now dead...who was killed by his fellow libyans....is a terrorist, he blew up a plane in Scotland full of INNOCENT people...HE KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE IN HIS OWN COUNTRY. YOU ARE BLIND. YOU LIVE IN DARKNESS AND DEAR AND NO I WILL NOT WEEP FOR YOU. wE ARE OUT TO MAKE THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE AND IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE SICK. I TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE DONE MORE IN MY 19 YEARS ON THIS EARTH THAN YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH IN A LIFETIME BECAUSE I SEE THE WORLD FOR HOW IT IS, I DONT LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A FUCKING TERRORIST.GOD BLESS ALL THOSE SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN TRHOUGHOUT THE WORLD WHO FIGHT FOR PEACE

January 20, 2012 at 12:03 am | Reply
      • Brendan

and I apologize for the punctual errors..no i am not a writer for cnn, I am a very tired college student

January 20, 2012 at 12:04 am |
  6. Brendan

whizerd- you are a worthless piece of shit. My brother is a marine and has been to afghanistan once and is going back. he fights so that fuck sticks like you can sit on your ass and beat beat off cause you have nothing better to do. I wish someone would put a bullet in your head you insignifiCUNT little fuck

January 18, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Reply
    • Brendan

God bless all our servicemen for what you do, you are all true american heroes

January 18, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  7. Lara

You are Evil British Scums, you make me and millions of other honest people on earth Sick to the stomach. You are brainwashed and intellectually Raped by your society that you even can't differ White from Black.. You are just a tools in the hands of your Masters to serve their Satanic plans against humanity. As soon as they will not be require your services you will be on a streets like a Dogs (. Read the latest interview with a Fascist Henry Kissinger) he says it all that you are just a puppets to serve the Elite and obey their orders. You are not a hero's as your parents and the media try to call you. You are not even a Humans as you don't posses any intelligence, feelings, emotions, love, compassion and simple common sense,You are just a Killing Machines. Shame on your parents that they fail to teach you real human values. 200000 Civilians including children, babies, women and man were killed by you in Libya. You brought devastation for this Beautiful peaceful country. You was dropping a bombs with Depleted Uranium. Many children are already born with horrific deformities, people are suffering on a daily bases. Do you know how it feels when somebody dropping a bombs on your house and kill your 4 children from the age of 18 month and your wife? And this is not a single case , every family in Libya lost at least two members of the family. Do you know actually who was Gaddafi, what he done for his country, for his people, for African states ,about his fight against the world terrorism.( and before any of you will try to think about Lockerbie Aircraft crush and a killing of a police women and at this matter a 9/11 all of us know that it was an Inside Job to provoke a public hype and justify the attack on Libya which they was planning 5 years in advance). You may say O, No our government can't do it to your own people. YES they CAN and the Big Brother had a Big Plans for You common people, after they will finish with the rest of the World. Millions of Libyans are still crying for their Leader and their spirits are risen higher and higher the more you bomb them the more they want to fight and give their lives for Gaddafi. YOU can't KILL the LOVE for GADDAFI in a HEARTS of their PEOPLE, YOU can't EXTRACT the WORD" FARHER"from the LIPS of the CHILDREN. NATO you LOST! Libyan people NEVER will Except COLONALISM. NO You Know NOTHING and don't want to know because you are a programmed robots. You are sick and demented.
    The END of your Evil Empire is coming CLOSER and CLOSER each day. It's Time to sit back and Pop your Corn, the Parade is about to Start.

January 18, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Reply
    • Fagmuffin

U mad, bro? U jelly of teh west? Trolololol

January 18, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Reply
      • trolololol

she can't haz freedoms?

January 20, 2012 at 8:47 am |
    • John

You are an idiot!

January 18, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Reply
    • Brendan

shut up whore

January 18, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Reply
    • IdontBLAMEpeopleFORmyPROBLEMSlikeLIBERALSdo

Lol we shoulda bombed the fools that taught you English. I'm glad ghadaffi or however you spell the worthless fucks name. He is prolly licking Kim Jong ill from head to toe right now. Those guys were the biggest wastes of breathe

January 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Reply
      • Brendan

She's a terrorist lover anyway

January 19, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
  8. jc

hey

January 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  9. lion

thnx 4 libya rabel 2 save or army

January 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  10. Julia in Chattanooga TN

I am so very very proud of my nephew-in-law Major Ken Harney....he kept his head, was a brave soldier, and did his best to preserve his life and come home safe to his wife and family who loves him so much. Way to go Ken....we are a blessed family to have you!

January 18, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Reply
    • Me

Way to go Miso!

January 18, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Reply
    • Lara

You are Thick Julia, your nephew is a mass Murderer and Coward dropping bombs from his machines and you are a supporter of Human Genocide

January 18, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Reply
      • me

i wish i could get to you people. you and your "kind" sit at home in your safe little house not understanding the fact that there are people out there who would give up everything they have just to take your life, they would give up their family, friends and even their life just to harm an american but thank god there are brave men who will step up and save stupid people like you even if they don't like you...its their job get over yeah it involves killing but have you ever heard the saying freedom isn't free?

January 18, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
      • ken

you are retarded lara. you absolutely know nothing of the facts and just assume. people like you are fools and always will be no matter what you say. shut up

January 18, 2012 at 10:33 pm |
      • Charles

Lara, what are YOUR coordinates?

January 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm |
    • Jen

Yes Julia! Ken is utterly brave. His wife is one of the strongest women I know. This story still makes me proud of him, and others who work alongside him. <3 to them, and thankful every day that they are safe!!

February 5, 2012 at 10:38 am | Reply
      • Juju

Hi someone. Not lrealy. I did not base it on that. I just used it as an example. It's just that most of my friends abroad always tell me that people's first impression of them is like that.But yeah, I feel you especially re your last paragraph. Most of my non-Pinoy friends always tell me that some of their lot find our being-so-proud-yeah-we'll-rub-it-in when it comes to our achievements annoying sometimes, especially on the Web.and the Kurakot part. the sadder part is, you know there's truth in that.Hey, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your comment. It makes me rethink a number of things, actually.

March 3, 2012 at 3:20 am |
      • Jeff E

Juju- I do not recall what you are speaking about-please refresh my memory. Thank you.

March 3, 2012 at 10:18 am |
  11. Steven

I'm just thankfull for a happy ending. Here is to wishing safe return of all our troops one day. Cheers!

January 18, 2012 at 11:26 am | Reply
  12. B-Patriot

Whizerd I hope someone kills you. And I hope that they kick your boyfriends ass just because

January 18, 2012 at 11:25 am | Reply
  13. wallispat

You can't miss this. -casualmingle dot 'c o 'm- is a wonderful place for seeking causal encounters and short term relationship, explore the excitement and your lost passion in your life. You will never regret for dating with sexy beauties/guys in your area. Life is short, have fun.

January 18, 2012 at 10:27 am | Reply
  14. aach35

Personally I think this is a wonderful story with a great ending, unlike the air men that crashed in the Mediterranean ocean when we bombed Tripoli in 1985. Great job and welcome home.

January 18, 2012 at 10:04 am | Reply
    • Lara

SHUT your PIEHALL, all your Dirty deeds was exposed by EX- NAVY Big Fish. Watch on YOUR TUBE : PROJECT CAMELOT : BILL WOOD : ABOVE & BEYOND PROJECT LOOKING GLASS

January 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Reply
      • Zach

Really you source is from youtube? .....oh my god its on you tube!!!!! it has to be true

January 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm |
  15. Bert Russell

Don't CNN reporters know how to use spell check??? Sheesh. Glad these guys got home safe though.

January 18, 2012 at 6:03 am | Reply
  16. ThinkAgain

To FU and DixiesBabe: You call yourself AMERICANS?! You both obviously are green with envy and cannot stand that these AMERICAN men got rescued, and and can now can tell their story. You both have no morals, life, intelligence, nor really need to be alive right now. You have no worth towards society and I hate HATE that our men give up their lives so that your dumb asses can have freedom. Go jump off a cliff and do America a favor. AND what goes around comes around...you will pay for those comments sooner or later

January 18, 2012 at 4:44 am | Reply
    • Sammy

Bravo...for the record, I know and have flown with both of these guys. The ignorance in this blog is astounding, yet not surprising at the same time. There's alot of the story left out of this article...they did their jobs, they used their skills, and got home alive...due to their training and the training and bravery of the Marines who rescued them. There's no hot-dogging in the USAF...period! They were flying over a country where the friendlies and enemy looked exactly the same...at night...

Thise of you who respond negatively and/or tongue-in-cheek, keep your pie holes shut...the only reason you can comment in the first place is because guys like these are sticking their butts on the line to preserve this freedom.

January 18, 2012 at 10:15 am | Reply
      • Steven

+1 and thank you <3

January 18, 2012 at 11:28 am |
      • sielingfan

One of my buddies ejected over Oklahoma, and that was risky enough. The handful of Eagle drivers I'm fortunate to know are some of the best people in the country.

January 18, 2012 at 11:39 am |
      • PHILIP

U DAMN RIGHT SAMMY D LADS DID THEIR JOB GREAT APPLAUSE ALSO FOR THE MARINES WHO CAME TO THEIR RESQUE

January 18, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
  17. FU

Looks like someone flew a little too cocky and got himself into a spin...he'll probably get promoted...

January 18, 2012 at 1:27 am | Reply
  18. bucko

$1M "aero"plane? (must be Brit). Closer to $50M!

January 18, 2012 at 1:25 am | Reply
  19. andy

Wait... He couldn't remember the number for 911 in the UK? And he's a pilot? /facepalm

January 18, 2012 at 12:43 am | Reply
    • kagurazaka77

Obviously calling 911 in Libya will route you right to the RAF...

January 18, 2012 at 1:34 am | Reply
    • Mike

not sure what 911 will get you in Libya but 911 in the UK will get you a dead line, the emergency number in the UK is 999. I think the number to call for a downed pilot in action is probably classified

January 18, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Reply
      • kevthegerman

bahahahahaha!! funny... but wait, i have the downed pilot number 867-5309

January 18, 2012 at 10:29 pm |
  20. Hmmmm

A few grammatical and spelling errors in the story; other than that, that's first time I heard about the Italians rescuing the 2nd crew member. Respects to the Italian boat crew. And I'm starting to think now that the USAF should contemplate a 2-D TVC nozzle for the next-gen F-15SE. Thrust vectoring would have saved that multi-million dollar aircraft and loss of mission in the first place.

January 18, 2012 at 12:42 am | Reply
    • IggyV

You not only DON'T and CAN'T know that, your "throw more money and hi tech at it" solution adds cost, weight, and complexity to a plane famoussince the 70's for its straightforward reliable dogfighting air superiority AS IS. Consider the still and always unreliable/unaffordable F-35... your "ultimate". What far more likely happened here is poor, perhaps hasty munitions loading and sequencing choices with either a hung weapon or out-of-balance wing stores combination after the five hundred pounder(s) dropped making it briefly uncontrollable in roll without immediate precise corrective action. Pickling everything might have saved it but there are political consequences to that in these situations.

January 18, 2012 at 2:03 am | Reply
  21. DixiesBabe

Agreed, Capt. Stark made a dumb and potentially deadly rookie mistake. Regarding the jet, yikes what a lie. 'Battle damage' (giggle) surely you jest. Obama responded correctly during the 'Arab Spring'. He sure pissed off the global military complex. Darn.

January 18, 2012 at 12:28 am | Reply
  22. Fernando1958

I followed this event and many others through twitter, from Libyan people, and it was amazing. They were so happy they got the American first so they could return him to his family. For all that didn't followed the news like me I have to tell you that Libyans are the most amazing people. They fought for their country and their sons and daughters with an amazing courage. They did some amazing things with very little resources.

January 17, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Reply
    • Andy in Phx

Excellent insight – have observed the same from those I have met.

January 18, 2012 at 12:07 am | Reply
  23. sharoom

Glad they got out okay. It's terrifying to know that enemy forces are out looking for you too and that a seemingly friendly search party could be using english to draw you out.

January 17, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Reply
  24. Ramz

I really got carried away reading these comments. They are very interesting and eye opening to how ignorant us Americans are. First I realize a majority of Americans are Christian. I am not religious, but the ideas on the Islamic religion that some people have are quite the opposite of what it is. It is a very peaceful religion, but it is more strict than Christianity. A Christian could commit a sin without consequences, but a Muslim cant because their religion enforces the rules more unlike Christianity. Now lets move on to the idea of fighting wars that do not effect the U.S gives us freedom. I respect soldiers, marines, airmen, and seaman but they still have the flaw of believing that they are helping America. These are my thoughts I really just wanted to post them to see if some people will believe that they are reasonable.

January 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Reply
    • Popps

Ramz + Whizerd Be thankfull we have people like these pilots. Because of them your not speaking Russian or Chinese right now. If we were defenseless do you really believe we could be an independant nation? Not trying to insult you.

January 17, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Reply
      • Lee

Neither of them said we had to be defenseless, I certainly would not advocate that, but, we had no right to be in Libya. This was ouside intrusion into a civil war. I'm simply tired of us getting involved in every little conflict in the world. We've done that far too much in the past and it has cost us dearly, it's time we stopped.

January 17, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
      • Earnán

Lee probably wishes the French had had the same "we should min our own business" attitude during the American war of independence. After all, they were just sticking their noses into a British "civil war" when they sent weapons and troops to aid the American patriots.

January 18, 2012 at 4:08 am |
    • Clay

Yeah, I'll take three hail Mary's over getting my hand chopped off, or stoned to death any day. And you may want to look into the correlation between American interests, security, and our freedoms. There is more to protecting our way of life than manning a foxhole on a beach in California.

January 17, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Reply
      • Jim

the problem, Clay, is that those three hail Mary's allow you to commit the grossest of autrocities, rape, murder, genocide, and then say "forgive me Jesus" and get a free pass. Then do it again. Ask Forgiveness. Get it. Rinse and Repeat. It creates a political capability, supported by religion, to do whatever is politically (or personally) expedient and use religion as a club on others while you use it like Newt Gincgrich as a way to cover up past sins by claiming to have "found Jesus"

January 18, 2012 at 12:13 am |
      • Earnán

Jim, that's one of the most absurd conclusion-leaps I've seen on the internet.

I suggest you try a little experiment: walk in the front door of the National Cathedral in DC and shout "Jesus is a fake! There is no God!" and see what happens.

Then try the same at the Great Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

But your nauseating moral equivalency nonsense will never be put to any real test. Your cowardice will restrict your actions to those you're sure you will survive with no risk: badmouthing your betters on the 'net.

January 18, 2012 at 4:12 am |
    • Dan

If you think Islam is a peaceful religion then clearly you've never read a single page of the Koran. They espouse death to ALL who believe in anything BUT Islam. Wake up!!

January 18, 2012 at 1:26 am | Reply
      • Rob

Dan,

Hate to burst yer bubble but:

2 Chronicles 15:12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;
        13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman

Bible has just as much hate and discontent as the quran does..

January 18, 2012 at 2:08 am |
      • Earnán

When fundy Christians or Orthodox Jews start flying airliners into office buildings or setting off truck bombs in shopping malls, then your silly attempt at moral equivalence will be worth taking seriously.

The vast majority of religiously-motivated terrorist acts around the world-today and for decades in the past-are being comitted by Muslims.

January 18, 2012 at 4:15 am |
      • Buzzer

Hey Rob, hate to burst your bubble...do some research and get EDUCATED on what the Old Testament is, why its included in the Bible, what Christ has done concerning the Law and with his actions and what the New Testament says about the Law. When you are smart on this subject, you'll see why except for the fallable misinterpretations of a select FEW, Christianity does not preach violence. Drop the quotes from the Old Testament just to say "see, Christians are just a violent"...this tactic is old and not even close to being creditable. Good luck in your studies.

January 18, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
      • US Citizen

Rob,

That verse was taken way out of context. Try again.

January 18, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
      • kevthegerman

but the bible does say that about death to all non-believers, taken out of context or not.. it also describe incest as being good. killing of the philistines, for the "holy land" more like holy crap. and rape, murder, and other assorted "non-violent" acts too right? or am i taking all those things out of context as well?

January 18, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
      • Buzzer

kev- read what I just posted above your comment...maybe you'll understand, maybe you won't.

January 18, 2012 at 11:39 pm |
    • fj

come on ramz, have you ever read the quran? i doubt it. before you call me a racist redneck, i will tell you i am a college educated american who has read the quran. most of the book is good and teaches muslims to act like decent human beings. however there are a few passages that tell muslims to kill non-believers and infidels. this is where the problem with islam lies. you can call it a religion of peace all you want, but mohammed made a few mistakes when crafting the quran. the extremists have taken those few violent passages and taken it to heart; combine that with the dream of 72 virgins in paradise, and we have a big problem on our hands.

January 18, 2012 at 1:32 am | Reply
    • IronV

Oh it's peaceful allright. They blow up pilgrims, funeral mourners, wedding celebrants, policemen... the people most responsible for killing muslims in the middle east are... other muslims. Very peaceful.

January 18, 2012 at 1:42 am | Reply
    • IggyV

ALL organized religions are lying, corrupt, self-serving power and money vacuums/generators. Why in the 21st century we not only allow but encourage and subsidize such hate-mongering anti-science misogynist BS is simply depressing. American fundamentalist christians who burned witches in Salem and lynched kneegrows in Mississippi are far worse than your average raggyhead who just wants his land to not be occupied by infidels= YOU !! I am a veteran sick of losing good men solving religious squabbles for others from Kosovo to Beirut and Baghdad. Next stops: Damascus and Isfahan. And sick of paying extra property tax on my home so some mail order minister's crystal cathedral cash register gets by free. Stop the SCAM !!

January 18, 2012 at 2:17 am | Reply
      • Buzzer

Since this article was concering Libya, what INFIDELS were occupying Libya? This was an INTERNAL POLITICAL fight. This incident had NOTHING to do with religion. Veteran? Did you receive an in-country intel brief on this conflict, or were you sleeping in the back of the room?

January 18, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • Earnán

Spare us the "peaceful" Islam BS and your condescending remarks about "ignorant Americans."

The ignorance on display here is your own: from the beginning Islam has been a militant religion, spread at the point of the sword. And it continues to be spread by violence today, in places like Nigeria, Sudan, Afghanistan and Kashmir.

You have the freedom to shout your ignorance and cowardice to the world only because better people than you-American soldiers-sacrificed their lives on your behalf.

January 18, 2012 at 4:05 am | Reply
    • Jedijunk

God gave us "free will" which allows one to believe or not. Giving consequences to sinning kind of negates that. If you remove the possibility for sinning where does that leave faith?
      If we were able to put a micro chip in your head that kept you from sinning wolud this make you a better Christian? Or would having to TRY and make the right decisions under difficult circumstances and possibly failing, causing one to repent and asking for mercy from your Lord, be the better way to build ones character and spiritual health.

January 18, 2012 at 11:33 am | Reply
    • Buzzer

Christians CANNOT commit a sin and CONTINUE without repentence without consequences from God and God ALONE. They WILL be judged when their physical body passed from this earth. If you're saying that people in the name of Islam enforce punishment of sins while on this earth, they are completely stepping over the line taking God's authority and giving it to themselves which is NOT THEIR JOB. You can't change someone's heart and attitude by just telling them what to do and not do through the threat of violent punishment. You can flog them, lock them up, cut off their hands but what value is that to God if their heart is still sinning, religious leaders may feel better about themselves that they are successfully "enforcing" God's "will" but they are fooling themselves big time. BTW, if you want to define sin, and murder is one of them, then all the murder that is being committed by "so-called" Muslims doesn't seem to be being enforced to ANY great degree. No disrespect, and trying to help you out, but you pointing out ignorance about others is really not creditable with you own concerning Christianity.

January 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Reply
  25. AJ

If we were at war with a more technological country, calling dad on a cell phone would be traceable.... but im glad they're okay.

January 17, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Reply
  26. Kathy K

What I would like to know is....what did his DAD think when he got the call??? Imagine it. Maybe CNN could interview Dad next. If Dad didn't have a heart attack and die on the spot. ("Dad, it's me, I just crashed in Libya and not sure who these guys are who say they are going to help me.")

January 17, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Reply
  27. Deryk Houston

When I look at these pilots all I can think about is how many innocent people they have murdered. They have no idea and don;t even fathom the hell they have created on the ground. All they can think about is the thrill. Disgusting really. Killing people at a distance is so easy.

January 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Reply
    • FL Guy

Dude, get a clue

January 17, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Reply
    • RKT210

Please stop wasting oxygen on my planet.

January 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Reply
    • Undertaker

Maybe you should go live in Iran.You have no concept of freedom or helping people get freedom.
      God bless the USA and our military. Oh also you are a jackass

January 17, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Reply
    • Army Proud

People who make comments like this about our service men and women are the ones that disgust me. Anyone who thinks that those who have dedicated their lives to protecting and defending our country and the liberty and freedom of people around the world should be classified as cold-hearted murderers are ignorant. You spit on the sacrifices my family makes as my husband serves in the Middle East. The fact that what you think he and his fellow service members are doing is so reprehensible demonstrates your ignorance about their goals and missions over there. It also shows that you have not ever had the courage to serve your nation, nor have you lived anywhere other than the US, where your freedom to make such hateful remarks is defended every single day by those "murderers." They are stronger and braver than you will ever be.

January 17, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Reply
      • andy

Tell that to the guys pissing on dead Taliban.

January 18, 2012 at 12:45 am |
      • Army Proud

So, Andy, you are judging our 1.4 million active duty service members based on the actions of four idiots? Brilliant. I can tell you're a real critical thinker.

January 18, 2012 at 1:21 am |
      • Earnán

The Taliban kill people for such "crimes" as playing music, refusing to veil their women or teaching their daughters to read.

The Taliban set off car bombs in markets crowded with women and children.

The Taliban bomb schools and murder schoolteachers for daring to teach children anything other than the quran.

The Taliban throw acid in the faces of little girls for the "crime" of going to school.

Pissing on the Taliban, live or dead, is better treatment than they deserve.

January 18, 2012 at 4:19 am |
      • Justin

Andy,

I will take a STEAMY SHIT on you! What do you think of that pussy?

January 18, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
    • SkyFrog

Killing people at a distance is so easy.

It is.

A former Sniper

January 17, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Reply
      • MP

where In call of duty?

January 17, 2012 at 11:01 pm |
      • Justin

A "former sniper" would never say that it was easy to take another individuals life. Grow up and put down the PS3 or 360 controller.

January 18, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
    • Iranacockuptheirass

Apparently you signed up for dumb ass class and winded up on the wrong side of the room! They would love to get a hold of homos like you. Go play in the mud, dont wash and change your name to Isostupi and get the hell over where you need to be.

January 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Reply
      • IggyV

Another hate filled, mindless religious fanatic heard from. YES... we all need to be eternally respectful and grateful to our military... the men, the women, the homosexuals, all of them. I appreciate the compliments when I travel in uniform stateside just as I appreciate the duty to defend my country. I just wish we would, as Ron Paul says I think, pick our wars more carefully, be sent to fight only by other veterans now politicians who truly understand the cost, and for chrissake don't get caught up in religious squabbles or let the holy bullshytter pederast priests and taxdodging mercedes-driving ministers here sing battle hymns to make it all so glorious and make themselves seem important. They aren't. It isn't. It is sometimes necessary for our survival... just not lately. Still, I serve...

January 18, 2012 at 2:27 am |
    • Rivie

You are welcome for the freedoms and rights you so eagerly enjoy due to my and thousands before and surely thousands after, that serve and have served in our country’s military to guarantee them. I would love to see you even attempt to post let alone speak in any number of countries other than ours, and see what you are guaranteed then. God bless The United States Of America!

January 17, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Reply
    • Greg

This is why we need laws to prevent you from reproducing!

January 17, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Reply
    • Bob Knippel

Yes, how totally true. Ghadafi and his loyal followers are innocent as babies, as pure as the driven snow. I bet those murderous American pilots shoot fuzzy kittens for sport, too. Amazing how much intellect can come out of one brain cell.

January 18, 2012 at 12:01 am | Reply
      • Bob Knippel

As a footnote, I am proud to have served in the U.S military, defending your right to express whatever putrid notion your brain cell conjures up.

January 18, 2012 at 12:09 am |
      • Bob Knippel

I just can't leave this one alone. I had an uncle who was a navigator on a B-29 during World War II. Another in the Pacific on a destroyer. Another shot in Korea. Another retired Army after being on the ground in both Korea and Viet Nam. 2 more in Viet Nam, both Army and retired Air Force. Another in Army artillery. 1 in Special Forces. Another in the Air Force. 1 an Engineer in the Army. 2 cousins in the Air Force, and myself in the Navy. You can be brain dead thanks to other people who sacrificed more than you ever had. Some places wouldn't tolerate people like you.

January 18, 2012 at 12:32 am |
    • Navy Momma

Deryk ~ What the hell do you know about how these pilots feel? My son flies for the US Navy. I can tell you that I raised my son to be a compasionate person. Also he has a great deal of loyality to his country. He wantd to enlist after 9 11 however he was only 16 at the time. We encouraged him to go to college and become an officer so that he could fulfill his dream of flying for the Navy & to protect people like you that judge without having a clue. It is also obvious that you have never stood up and swore to defend your country against all enemies both foreign or domestic. So stop running your mouth on something that you do not have a clue about. Oh yeah by the way you can thank my son and all the others in the Army, Air Force, Marines and the Navy for being able to spout such stupidity.

January 18, 2012 at 12:08 am | Reply
    • Dan

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. It makes me sick to MY stomach that you don't support the soldier/pilot. Wake up, pal.

January 18, 2012 at 1:29 am | Reply
    • IronV

And when I read your post, I only think about your astounding, collossal ignorance. How in the heck do you balance your checkbook and tie your shoelaces?

January 18, 2012 at 1:43 am | Reply
    • Justin

Derek and Whizerd,

It is obvious that neither of you know what it is like to serve your country. "Killing from a distance is easy" are you serious? Maybe on MW3 or some other console game. Taking a life is something that will stick with you for the rest of your life. It doesnt matter if you took one or a thousand. For the innocent individuals that lost their lives in the twin towers, pentagon, and flight 93, I only hope that will continue to kill the Taliban, Al-Qaida, and Sammy the Donkey Fucker, for years to come. Leave religion out of it. 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 40mm, and .50 Cal do not pray or have feelings. They have only one objective, hit the intended target and cause as much damage possible. To you both, message me back. I will give you my address and phone number so we can catch up. I am no longer in uniform so it would be a pleasure to beat both of your asses to within an inch of death. Die slow

January 18, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Reply
      • Lara

" To serve your country". Your country don't have any enemies and never had, only the one which was artificially created for you. So are serving to Rothschilds and Rockefeller and the likes, certainly NOT for "your" country as this country does not belongs to you, you are just a Slave to serve the Elites. You are even don't have any slightest idea about conspiracies "your" Elites had on their Agenda. When all of you will find out about it the half of you probably will get mental breakdown. Make a notice: I am saying " Had" in a past as their game is nearly OVER. WAKE UP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!

January 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
    • Deuce (P)

Deryk, since you're thinking about it so much, how many innocent people have they murdered? Please give me an idea of the hell they've created on the ground so I can fathom it. How do you know about said thrill, have you experienced it? How many lives have you taken, up close or from a distance?
      This is one of those subjects that requires experience for credibility...it is disappointingly obvious that you have none in this area and have absolutely no concept of the courage, integrity, and mental fortitude that are required to push that pickle button or pull that trigger when lives are at stake.

January 18, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Reply
      • -N-

Amen

January 19, 2012 at 1:54 am |
  28. WOT

When will we feed and not weed the earth. On this ball, war will always be about something that belongs to another!

January 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  29. Adam

If you want to learn about Islam do not read a story on CNN or some news or Internet. Most website are fake. Let me explain equality in inheritance. Yes men get 2/3 and women get 1/3. However, the man must spend money on his mother or father that lives and any sisters. Even if the sister and mother get 1/3. The sister's money is her and she do not have to spend it on anyone but herself. If her husband borrows it, and does not return it, it will be a weight of pain around his neck, as heavy as the earth on the day of judegment, unless he returns the money before death or his wife forgives him for the money before he dies. That is Islam. It honors the woman far more than you read on CNN. The man is the head of the household, and the woman is the queen of the household. Yes there are abusive Islamic governments and men, but that is NOT islam. Trust me. I am not telling you to win your love. I am telling you this to win the love God. To tell the words as He sent them honestly to you.

January 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Reply
    • Hahahahahahahahahaha

No really!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha

January 17, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Reply
    • Undertaker

Jesus is the truth,the life and the way to heaven.Not Islam.

January 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Reply
      • Mstar23

While I too believe in Jesus, I also believe in the letter and spirit of our constitution. Thanks for the information regarding Islam.

January 18, 2012 at 12:27 am |
      • Otmane

Thank you Adam for giving some explanations about Islam. Most non Muslims know Islam just from the media and other ignorant people. Yes as he said they are governments misrepresent Islam. But I ask everyone please take time to learn about
        a religion before you start judging, and I am 100% sure if you search Islam, you will change your mind. PEACE

January 18, 2012 at 12:38 am |
    • MichelleS

I believe the religion of Islam should be perceived separate from current Middle East affairs. When I think of Islam as a religion, I think of Muhammed Ali, and I think if others did as well, this would help all people trying to meld their fears, preconceived notions and patriotism with something they unfortunately equate with terrorists. Its really two separate issues-Jim Jones and Jim Baker and David Koresh claimed Christianity but certainy dont represent it for the American people. ...."just sayin..."

January 18, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Reply
  30. Bill

Called his father?! Has the NFL fined him yet?

January 17, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Reply
  31. Greg

Ha, I thought the meant he was called a dad because he boned a Libyan girl while he was hiding out.

January 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Reply
  32. Whizerd

DISTRACTION.
    Plain and simple....and most of the commenters have fallen for yet another joke...a bad joke that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    BAAAAAAAAAAA! << Maybe you understand THAT better??!!

January 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Reply
    • Fooki

All hail the child rapist Muhammed – may he suck on a thousand camel penises before he is sent to hell for being a false prophet. And before you say that is a distraction he did after all, according to the QueerAnn (yes your book is false too) take a bride of six years of age and have a child with her at nine years of age... That makes him a Child Rapist. You can contact me if you wish at DirectorofMuhammedPictureMuseum.com – your pictures of Muhammed are welcome no matter what – we even have him reconstructed out of feces so be sure to visit the site.

January 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Reply
      • Iranacockuptheirass

Fooki you have passed the test

January 17, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
      • MichelleS

It would take a serious and honest religious scholar and theologian to respond, but in the interim, maybe you should realize that perhaps certain parts of all holy books are metaphors? Hmm? I dont know other countries laws, so I wont say what the age of consent is deemed officially in every middle eastern country. I do know a lot of underage abuse goes on, but so does same the whole entire world over. Lets clarify the issues.

January 18, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
      • Jeff E

Fooki is insane-None of what this Slandering Idiot says is true- There is nothing in Quran that says Muhammad (p.b.a.h.) married any child of Any age. He married a woman of 19 After she lived with his family as a Chast younger girl of about 12,but until she came of age it was simply a Chast engagement entered into Willingly by her father and herself. Who's marriage now days would not have been Much better if we had not strayed from fathers and mothers having their suggestions listened to?

February 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
      • Mohamed

shawtyheartsmakeup1 on November 7, 2011 to be hesont i have never been asked this question but for you i'll answer, well my favourite food has got to be chineese noodles and the soup just the best

March 3, 2012 at 4:40 am |
      • Jeff Evenson

Whoever you are-too afraid to leave your real name-but it is Not-Mohamed-Of that I am pretty sure. Aisha NEVER HAD A Child. I have published to every one on earth how to find "Fooki"- and this person using the name" Mohamad." I just told everyone in your cities Mosques your Real Names and Addresses. If you are going to speak like a fool-answer to it- and "ArchiedeBunker" also,a bit harder to finaly find him-but we did. -.What if you heard someone say-"may the Jesus you worship suck a thousand .."well you know what you said. I know that Issa, (as Jesus called himself) would say to you or Anyone who stated Worshipping Him as God- Instead of Following his Advice and worshiping "my Father in Heaven who sent me" as Issa said. This is WHY Muhammad was sent-as the SEAL- The Last Of- The Messengers until the next Big Bang-or big Shrink- Because of people that are worshiping him-after He Made it Clear-only GOD. And Jesus-Issa- Did Not Author the book of Revelation, or more accurately the NIGHTMARE- someone had- and wrote !!

March 3, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  33. ChicagoRich

I am glad that they are OK and made it back home in one piece. For us to live secure in our homes men such as these and those that serviced and supplied their mission have to go into harms way.

January 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Reply

HAVE to?????
      WOW! What an idiotic, brainwashed assumption.

January 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Reply
    • inferon23

i agree with you and do you live in Hobaken?

January 17, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Reply
  34. Yuliq

Leave religion out of the conversation... If God (if he existed) had anything to do with it, either they would have been caught, and strung up or they would not have had a problem in the first place...

January 17, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Reply
    • Jean

Who are you to tell me how to interpret God's obvious intervention in this event. Since God is alive and well, it's appropriate to give Him credit for "a job well done."

January 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Reply
      • Polo

God's obvious intentions? Pul-eeze.

January 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
      • Whizerd

So you think that it's ok for the US Govt. to play God????
        Really???
        Shoot yourself now..be done with it......(God told me to tell you that BTW.lol)
        What a disgrace you are. And I bet you call yourself a Christian too. Typical.

January 17, 2012 at 8:40 pm |
      • desert voice (troubledgoodangel or Nathanael or Bohdan or Voiceinthedesert)

Always give credit to the Merciful God! He is not our Father for nothing! These two young men were very lucky because He was watching! He sees everything from above. God knew how bad apple was Qadhafi. These men appealed to Him for help, and got response! They were saved by their heavenly Father!,

January 18, 2012 at 11:51 am |
    • Undertaker

you got proof God is fake?Or does your father lucifer tell you he is?

January 17, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Reply
  35. ArchieDeBunker

To the person who calls himself "YourAreMadMySimpleFriend:"

What is it about describing Islam truthfully that you disagree with? Sharia law contains no hint of any kind of freedom for individuals, and no real justice. Women who are raped are imprisoned for THEIR crimes (see recent headlines) and anyone in any of those countries that have been conquered by Islam who speaks a word against Islam can be killed without consequence to the murderer. People (mostly women) who commit the relatively tame sin of adultery can be killed by stoning or other inhuman methods – it's in the news all the time. And you say my picture of Islam is nonsensical? Get a clue, Mister! The propagandic description of Islam as a religion of peace is just like Hitler's descriptions of himself as a humanitarion. I fyou write back, would you mind letting us know when the last time a country allowed any of these crimes against humanity and bragged that Christianity sanctioned it? (Hint: It was in the Dark Ages – thus demonstrating that Islam is stuck in a time about 1400 years ago and has made no progress at all toward humanizing itself.)

January 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Reply
    • Jack Choi

@ArchieDeBunker Did someone say dark ages:
      It was in the 1930s and 1940s that Hitler was killing Jews ( though in a twisted irony they are now killing and depriving Palestinians of their the rights in the name of "protecting their homeland". Heck f, forget about the palestinians. They are mistreating the arabs that live in Israel.) Oh and did I mention that Catholic Church fully supported Hitler's act.

During the 1990s the christian Serbs were killing (more like massacred Muslim Bosniaks in the name of religion). So yea, it wasn't the dark ages.
      Source: History books. I hope you read one.

January 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Reply
      • Menos

What a load of nonsense and revisionist lies. Hitler systematically hunted down and killed Catholics in droves. Catholics were second only to the Jewish people in terms of total number murdered by the Nazis. I'm not here to engage in a religious debate pro or con regarding Catholicism itself, but it turns my stomach to read such ignorance and willful blindness to historical facts of record.

January 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm |
      • ME

Who said the Serbs killed in the name of religion? You think they were trying to covert the Muslims?

January 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
    • Adam

Where do your information on Islam? CNN and nutty brain. Islam is about peace and equality for everyone. I am not defending Islam to get your love. The he**LL with your nutty soul. I am defending God words. Islam is about peace and anyone killing a single think created by God, the Koran says God will place his anger on him to eternity. And God will never forgive you for this and this also if you replace God words with ugly words like yours. Do not rewrite Islam (God words) because of story that come out of Iran, CNN, or your ugly head.

January 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Reply
      • Iranacockuptheirass

Crap. Crap, crap,crap. The koran says its ok to sex little girls....wrong wrong wrong. When you die you will not get 10 virgins you sick F***.

January 17, 2012 at 10:48 pm |
      • Earnán

Islam sure needed to kill a lot of people to "peacefully" spread itself to north Africa, the Levant, Turkey, Persia and India.

Just as today Islam relies on killing those who refuse to convert in Iraq, Sudan, Nigeria, Kashmir...

January 18, 2012 at 4:23 am |
    • saj1090

Why don't you actually learn something about Islam before you go spouting ignorance again? Couple of things here, coming from a Christian American who studied abroad in Lebanon for a year. First of all, Islam is a peaceful religion in practice. The Qur'an promotes peace and tolerance among Christians, Jews, and Muslims. The "violent" part of Islam is a verse from the Hadiith that extremists twist to suit their political agendas. Also, you previously were whining about "how Islam is stuck centuries in the past", or along those lines, and "show you an example of a Christian nation" killing people for being different religions. You said it hadn't happened since the Middle Ages. Wrong again. Southern Sudan – Christians killing Muslims. Age of Exploration – Christians completely wiping out populations. 30 Years War – All of Europe wasted decades killing other Christians because they had slight differences in ideology. Seriously, take your head out of your butt and learn some facts, rather than being a fear-mongering rhetorician.

January 17, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Reply
      • Earnán

A good "dhimmi" has been heard from.

Right down to spouting the Islamist party line in return for being left with its dhimmi head still attached to its dhimmi body.

So the problem in Darfur isn't militant Islamists from the north trying to convert or enslave those in the south who aren't Muslims? No, it's "Christian attacking Muslims"...

Just like Iraqi Yazidis have "attacked" peaceful Muslim trucks loaded with peaceful Muslim explosives... Those violent Yazidis, throwing their body parts all over their villages in order to oppress the right of peaceful Muslim high explosives to explode.

January 18, 2012 at 4:28 am |
      • desert voice (troubledgoodangel or Nathanael or Bohdan or Voiceinthedesert)

Let's start a new page between us! let it begin with this post! let all Christians and all Moslemse pledge peace and brotherhood in their hearts! The differences between religions should not divide us. For ultimately, our minds and hearts were created and programmed to the one Truth of God!

January 18, 2012 at 11:58 am |
      • desert voice (troubledgoodangel or Nathanael or Bohdan or Voiceinthedesert)

Let's start a new page between us! Let it begin with this post! Let all Christians and all Moslems pledge peace and brotherhood in their hearts! The differences between religions should not divide us. For ultimately, our minds and hearts were created and programmed to the one Truth of God! Let forget the nuances in our religious Books. What matters is that, from now on, Christians and Moslems be brothers in Jesus Christ, who is reveerd by both of their religions! I am certain that Prophet Muhammad wouldn't object, for no prophet can object to Peace!

January 18, 2012 at 12:06 pm |
  36. Change

Great story and kudos to our brave men and women in uniform but its sad that we can't do the same in Syria. If only President Obama could have gotten some bi-partisan support from the rightwing teabags in congress, we could have intervene in Syria a long time ago and bring a hault to the outrageous killings in that country. But I could only hear the GOPbags and the likes of Dennis Kunich calling for the impeachment of our President. And perhaps if Russia or China were about to invade us, I guess these scu*mba*gs in congress would just sit back and let it happen too. Only in Fuc*king America!

January 17, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Reply
    • blind

There is no way that Obama would have the guts to take on Syria. Now he cuts the military and you think he would get involved in that one? One must live in a dream like state.

January 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Reply
      • Yuliq

It always amazing how some halfwit always has to make a remark about Obama and a totally unrelated topic. Go back to your hole – troll.

January 17, 2012 at 7:44 pm |
      • Hojo

Wrong. Obama is willing to take on Iran and you think Syria would be a problem for him? Nuts. The reason why NATO is not over Syria is the Russians, Read the freaking news.

January 17, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
    • Jonathan

Why in the world is it any of our business what Syrians or Lybians or Iraqis or Iranians are doing? It's their own country. Their own land. Their own people. Who are we to say that 10,000 miles away what they're doing is effecting our national security? Fact is America cannot afford to "fix" every country it deems needs fixing.

January 17, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Reply
      • David M

Good thing we didn't take that attitude with Hitler. Or the Japanese. Or the Russians. Or a number of other despots.

January 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm |
      • Iranacockuptheirass

Jonathan, we walk away and they grow bigger, getting more dangerous, closer to US, kidnapping your wife and kids killing you and having a field day in the name of AlA!!! No Way! Gotta take em out buddy. Got to!

January 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
      • Bob Knippel

All true, nevertheless, many people are not in any kind of position to really help themselves. When the government guns you down for dissent, it isn't easy to change things.

January 18, 2012 at 12:54 am |
      • RagMcmuffin

Really Johnathan? They are a friggin Continent of terrorists. Leave them alone now and they will eventually be here. They are war dogs. You cant talk to them, you cant reason with them. If you dont join them they kill you. In essence they are trying to get to your family, my family and the rest of the world. THEY HAVE TO BE STOPPED IDIOT!!

January 18, 2012 at 8:31 am |
    • hez316

No way. Had little to do with Teaparty and much to do w/Russia and Chinese veto any action against Syria.

January 17, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Reply
    • Whizerd

To think that we need to be there in the first place makes you, and all the others that think that way, brainwashed idiots.

January 17, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Reply
    • Undertaker

Genuis,Obama could attack syria for up to 180 days before asking congress for permision.

January 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Reply
  37. Dragon

Maj Harney, Capt Stark, you guys are kick ass and it is a pleasure working with you! We were so glad to see you back at the "Heath" safe and sound! Your story will never be forgotten! Thanks for sharing your story! See ya back on the flightline! :)

January 17, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Reply
    • Meathook

Glad they made it home, I was the conversion team chief bringing in the F-15E to RAF Lakenheath back in the early 1990’s, I am so proud these guys who made it home safe, well done HEATH, I miss and love ya – Go Lakenheath – God Bless and please disregard the assclowns who post negative comments, they are mere sheep of the world who are lost causes themselves

January 18, 2012 at 9:48 am | Reply
    • Lara

Te end of your Criminal establishment are COMING NEARRE. That's what I am GLAD ABOUT.
      GOD Bless and AMEN.

January 18, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Reply
  38. patrick a.

too bad they weren,t caught and have their heads chopped off..
    Bunch of filthy Thieves ,murderers.

January 17, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Reply
    • bajsbk

you SIR CAN $UCK MY BIG AMERICAN B@LLS, we KICKED YOUR @SS

January 17, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Reply
      • Whizerd

For absolutely NO reason.

January 17, 2012 at 7:48 pm |
      • ChicagoRich

Not for no reason. We took sides against a tyrant in their civil war. That tyrant had murdered American's in the past as well as many of his own countrymen. Justice was served on him by his own countrymen, may they live in peace from this point onward.

January 17, 2012 at 8:13 pm |
      • Whizerd

You mean like the tyrant that you are condoning??? That tyrant? Or better yet, the one before him...named BUSH.
        You're useless, other than target practice. You're way of thinking will kill you and your family...slowly..painfully. Moreover, that way of thinking is a direct threat on me and my family...which I will vehemently fight for...and I wont be fighting someplace I don't need to be...so it can change NOTHING.
        What the military personell did over there did NOTHING for the freedoms of Americans....nothing.
        Stay asleep.
        In case that don't make sense to you..let me add BAAAAAAAAAA, so you get the full meaning.

January 17, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
      • ChicagoRich

There is probably no point in debating with you Whizerd, but I will try to explain:

First off, the definitions of a tyrant I am using:
        1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
        2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
        3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.

Our president is elected, and has many restrictions imposed upon him by our Constitution. I don't find anything overly harsh or cruel that any of our recent Presidents have done. Our President and other elected officials are accountable to those of us who are citizens of the U.S. and elect them. This is much different than what I know of the former ruler in Lybia. The differences are stark.

Where you are at things may be different. Maybe you don't get to elect your leaders. Maybe you do not like the country you live in, or your lot in life.

I vote in elections here and of course I would join with many here who like these two brave pilots would defend our country and our way of life should the need arise. I might not be as skilled as them or of as much utility, but I would do my part with a resolve that would not fail. The bombing of Pan Am 103 and the murder of U.S. service men in a disco tech in Germany by a tyrant would be enough causus belli to justify our action even after such a span of time.

January 18, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
    • dieshard

How about sucking on a tailpipe assswadd????

January 17, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Reply
    • KillPat

You ignorant POS. Cut your own damn head off.

January 17, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Reply
    • Justin Hendrix

Too bad you are not living in the house next door to me. I would walk over there, kick your door in, and rip your lips off! Oh yeah, and bang your wife in her crusty corn hole after I cut your legs off! Welcome to America you fucking piece of shit donkey fucker lover.

January 17, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Reply
    • Justin

Better yet.....I only wish we could have killed more before we left Iraq. I would go to Afghanistan right now if they would let me. Screw religion....all you motherfuckers die slow, my M4 makes sure all your kids don't grow. You motherfuckers cant be us or see us.

January 17, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Reply
    • Undertaker

You are an assclown and a nutsack.

January 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Reply
    • Meathook

Patrick, your a sick son of a bitch, you would not have the balls to say that to anybody in unofirm in person, you freaking assclown, pussy aren't you.

January 18, 2012 at 9:49 am | Reply
  39. ArchieDeBunker

I'm glad these two guys got back home safe. I'm also glad that our country is not predominantly made up of dopes like those who do not support our military men. Each of you deserves to spend at least 10 years in one of those countries where you are not allowed to have opinions.

All that being said, the "Arab Spring" as it is euphamistically called, is turning in to an absolute disaster as the days roll by. The demonic "religon" known as "Islam" is going to take over in every one of those countries where people fought for democracy and freedom. There is NO freedom where Islam rules – you either bend to the wishes of the idiot muslims or you die. Women are treated like pigs and men are not allowed to speak with reason for fear of being beheaded as a "heritic." Islam's god, Allah, is actually Satan, and their only idea of justice involves putting people to death for non-crimes while allowing men to rape and demean women without consequence. In effect, the "Arab Spring" marks the beginning of the end for any hope of world peace, and assures that there will one day be an all-out war between Islam and freedom-loving people everywhere. That war will be called "Armageddon", will be fought in "The Holy Land" and will result in the deaths of hundreds of millions of civilians and military people. The war will be one by the intervention of Jesus Christ – after which there will be 1000 years of peace when men will "beat their swords into plow shares." However, Satan will not yet be defeated, and at the end of the 1000 years of peace he will rise again, to be finally sent to Hell – where he will suffer in the flames forever – as will all those who never acknowledged Jesus Christ during their lifetimes. Count on it.

January 17, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Reply
    • YouAreMadMySImpleFriend

Sorry – keep taking the medications – the picture of Islam vs Christianity you paint in that comment either paints a picture of you as a dangerous mad man, or as Christianity as a 'religion' (to use your punctuation) of mad men. Neither is pretty.

If you represent Christianity then it is as bad or worse than the nonsensical version of Islam you describe.... and by the way has nothing to do with the moving and heroic story above!!

January 17, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Reply
    • farquar

You have issues that can't be fixed.

January 17, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Reply
    • Jamie

Thanks for helping the terrorists with their recruitment drive. Anyone who lumps over a billion Muslims together is a simpleton who sorely needs an education.

Well done to Major Harney and Captain Stark – glad both of you are safe (and um...nice dimples :) ).

Good luck to the Libyans who fought the good fight and work to build their country.

January 17, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Reply
      • Whizerd

LOL..they didn't hardly lift a finger for their country.... NATO and various Govt's that didn't belong there did. All for money..not one ounce of it was for freedom.

January 17, 2012 at 9:00 pm |
      • Angela Birch

It was the Libyans who fought and dies, slogged their way across the country. Yes NATO and France. assisted the Libyans as they fought for the right to be able to decide how their country is run but make no mistake it was the Libyans who died, fought and scrrficed. Yes the Daffy apologists think Daffy should have had the right to continue murdering not only Libyans but Americans, British, French and Italians. hey thought he should have been free to pocket Libya's oil money as if it was his own and partially use it to fun terrorism, the bit he wasn't hiding away in bank accounts available only to him and his family.

January 17, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
  40. splasher6

Investigators believe one of the flight maneuvers threw the plane off balance for a variety of technical reasons that the two-man crew could not have anticipated. BS

January 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Reply
    • Rod C. Venger

lol. They stalled it.

January 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Reply
      • Angela Birch

Good t know that you can establish the cause of an airplane crash without even seeing the wreckage. Usually lesser investigators have to see the plane, look at instrument readings and discuss it with the pilot.

January 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm |
  41. Mat

Operator Error

January 17, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Reply
    • Dragon

No, it was mechanical, not operator error.

January 17, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Reply
      • Thomas E. Shafovaloff

I hate it when the investigation report made public assumes no one could understand what variety of techical failures coulld cause loss of control of an attack aircraft designed to deliver 500 pound bombs. So lets speculate...fuel transfer procedure or system allowed asymetric balances upon asymetric release of two 500 pound bombs at night, during essintially insturment flight in the process of what most would consider an aerobatic maneuver??? Checklist design deficiency????? Well, it wouldn't seem to be unusual if this was the case to have made public such an ambiguous explanation... but why make any of that public anyway....so just shut up with the explanation....it only assists the next enemy.

January 17, 2012 at 11:36 pm |
  42. John

Nice story! Great job soldiers!

January 17, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Reply
    • Marcus

Airman and Marines... no soldiers.

January 17, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Reply
      • Nhards

TheIthomasscully on September 11, 2011 I kinda wanna backhand you aqusre across the face. You just give off that kinda vibe

March 5, 2012 at 1:26 am |
  43. Change

So what's the end game in Iraq? Well, nine years, an inflated deficit and a whole lot of dead American soldiers and Iraqi civilians as we speak. And what's the end game in Afghanistan? Well, still fighting and dying eleven years later. And whats's the end game in Libya? Well, an eight month war with a completed mission and no American or NATO casualties. I tell ya, that President Obama is sure the greatest President in US history.

January 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Reply
    • John

Well, try some Patriotism once fella, maybe it will be nice for a change instead of your cynical comments!

January 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Reply
    • hater

Obama didn't start those wars you idiot. And Mcain would of made it WAY worse. He wanted to bomb and kill. Typical american. Travel the world you one track mind. People hate you, because of the stupid things that pour out your freedom mouth. Where I grew up, you my not friend would not last as the man you are now. Daddy don't protect you out of the states. I wish Obama was president of my country. Silly spoiled americans. Not much longer:)

January 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Reply
      • Whizerd

If you want him..come and get him..save us the trouble. You can have the baggage that comes with it too.

January 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
      • Earnán

Most Americans wish Obama was president of your country too.

He should be available in about a year, if you're willing to pay the shipping?

January 18, 2012 at 4:32 am |
  44. stephendouglas

One minor but important point in this story regarding Capt. Stark. When the bad guys are out looking for you, one of the things they will do is tell you to come out from hiding, that they will take good care of you, etc. So, you don't move a muscle. You do not blink. You make them find you, and until they physically have a hand on you, assume they do not see you.

Capt. Stark was very, very lucky.

January 17, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Reply
  45. Ron562318123

"What when wrong with the F-15 that night?" Forget that. What went wrong with the copy desk?

January 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Reply

What went wrong?
      The useless, needless, selfish 'war'. Thats what.

January 17, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Reply
      • Dash

Whizerd...I have never seen someone make so many comments on one article. Instead of wasting your time here go and do something productive instead of criticizing every single comment and contradicting yourself one comment after another.

January 17, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  46. ليبيا بلاد القدافي

الله ومعمر وليبيا وبس

January 17, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Reply
    • Jim in Georgia

I hope that was good...

January 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Reply
      • Greg

Nope, he said Lybia's Gadaffi country....

January 17, 2012 at 6:46 pm |
      • Translator

"God, Libya and Muammar" translated

January 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm |
    • Bill Duke

He is roasting in Hell now.

January 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Reply
      • farquar

Not so sure about being in hell, but at least he is D E A D

January 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm |
      • Teresa

torijchan on August 30, 2011 a autfere that i really like about myself are my eyes and lips, i find that they really define my face and the two autferes i like to play up the most!

March 4, 2012 at 11:05 pm |
  47. Carl, Secaucus, NJ

It's nice to know that foreigners are still sometimes glad to see American servicemen. It reminds me of the French Resistance helping our downed pilots during WWII.

January 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  48. Realist

The "international" bankers thank you for your service.
    P.S.
    There will be no bonus in your paycheck.

January 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Reply
    • Whizerd

Got that right on the money!!!
      ~nod~

January 17, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Reply
  49. Yugo

I am not sure who has more brass – F-15 pilots or professional bull riders – either way, I'd be throwing up all over myself.

January 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Reply
    • farquar

Having worked with many fighter pilots I would go with fighter pilots.
      There is a certain insanity in a good way that gives them a special edge.

I worked forward Air Control, the airborne controllers were in trouble all the time for over stressing the air frame of the 02 bird dog spotter planes. As a ROMAD I did scare the crap out of a couple of them until they gained confidence in my driving skills on the ground.

January 17, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Reply
  50. BrofromtheO

One person is complaining about a spelling error. One person is complaining about the propaganda. Another is complaining about the aircraft being referred to as a helicopter. At least they survived. One pilot had an awesome callsign and the other called the only person he could think of for help to get rescued. If all else fails, it was a great story. Something awesome to tell the grandkids.

January 17, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Reply
  51. peacemakers are winning

and children all over the earth ... right on guys god bless you.

January 17, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Reply
  52. peacemakers are winning

awsome job guys ... glad to see you made it on with the peacemakers revelution the true winners... the true reality... and all you citzens who put them down should join the winning side of the revolution ... peace on earth good will toward man women and

January 17, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Reply
  53. sickntired

"What when wrong with the F-15 that night?

Investigators believe one of the flight maneuvers threw the plane off balance for a variety of technical reasons that the two-man crew could not have anticipated."......huh??

January 17, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Reply
    • Galoot

I have always suspected that the jet failed due to battle damage from the pot shots taken at our guys' jet by unorganized rebels with itchy trigger fingers.

The US government doesn't want any bad publicity and so issues a mealy mouth press release.

January 17, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Reply
    • Leaf on the Wind

And then again, Galoot, it's quite possible that they have no freakin' clue.

January 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Reply
  54. Captain Haddock

Liberals don'r want to talk about civilian deaths in Libya in our NATO missions.

January 17, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Reply
    • Mark C

Morons want to pass flatulence on the Internet.

January 17, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Reply
    • Kevin

Sure we do. We may favor President Obama over the ultra right wing conservatives, but that doesn't mean we all supported this war.

January 17, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Reply
  55. Captain Haddock

How many civilians were killed in these "Humanitarian" missions? As it stands a lot of the tribes and groups are fighting amongst themselves and also abusing Gaddaffi supporters in Misrata. ah if only their oil was not that light and sweet to the West. Yes ask ourselves how many Libyan civilians and Iraqi civilians were killed in our "precision strikes". The liberal pathetic mainstream pro Obama media will never tell us the truth about civilian casualties in Libya or Afghanistan.

January 17, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Reply
    • Mark C

Shove a sock in it, you gaseous imbecile. It was a civil war, which we did not start. Civilians were certainly going to die. Gadhafi had certainly killed enough of them over the years.

January 17, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Reply
      • Whizerd

Well then idiot...if it was a civil war, maybe we should have stayed the hell out of it huh?

January 17, 2012 at 8:06 pm |
    • DJ

If you want to show the world you are a mindless sheep, just bash a political party. Both parties are exactly the same. They cater to morons like you to get elected and then forget all about you.

January 17, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Reply
    • Leaf on the Wind

I have to go with Mark and DJ on this, Captain. You're a tool for the GOP. You repeat whatever fright-wing propaganda they've been spouting about a given issue, never bothering to actually think for yourself. If you did manage to rub a couple of brain cells together, you'd realize that innocent civilians ALWAYS get killed in armed conflict. It has absolutely nothing to do with left-vs-right American politics.

January 17, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Reply
    • Angela Birch

1 no one will ever know in either Afghanistan, Libya or Iraq. In civil wars like Libya people die on both sides from varius reasons. They were dying before Nato and France got involved and they died while they were involved. In Afghanistan there was a civil war befor the US and Nato got involved and there is still one. No one knows how many people died and due to what cause. You irrational desire to know the unknowable is just that irrational.

January 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Reply
  56. loaba

You can read about urinating enlisted men or hero-officers who managed to lose a million-dollar aeroplane. Rock on, CNN.

January 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Reply
    • capricious

lol

January 17, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Reply
  57. professorredhed

@Ipploit: "CNN, please hire reports who have a clue or at least decent editors"

When you correct another person's writing, it is best to proofread your own writing before hitting "submit."

January 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Reply
  58. booo

Who cares if these war-mongers lived - all of these miltary guys are just murdering war-mongers. They should all be deported.

January 17, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Reply
    • Flyboy7588

Hey booo, you're a dick head.

January 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Reply
      • warezwolf

Hey FlyBoy, confirmed boo is a dickhead at 12:00 ^ , someone puleeeze light 'em up.....

January 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
    • WTF

You are a MORON.

January 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Reply
    • AFRet05

booo – you really need to get a grip! I know, I'm feeding the "trolls" in this case.

January 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Reply
    • Yaker

A$$h0ie

January 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Reply
    • Dude

Booo-

I'll feed the trolls too. My cadre won't believe I'm stepping down to this level, but fuck you.

January 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Reply
    • bill

you are an idiot. do the world a favor and die you insignificant bug.

January 17, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Reply
    • stephendouglas

booo....go back in the corner and stay there until you have something intelligent to say.

Go on – get.

Don't come back out without permission.

January 17, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Reply
    • Dragon

Boo... I am willing to bet that you are about 25, went to that sad school called Berkely and have no job. Call us war mongers all you want to show your ignorance. But just remember that if not for us "war mongers" you would not have the freedoms you do! I bet you would be the first one to scream for us to save your ass if we were being attacked! But I promise you would be the last one I would save!!! Get a clue moron!

January 17, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Reply
      • farquar

Well said and it needed saying even if the ignorant one doesn't understand.

Thanks,

MSGT USAF Retired.

January 17, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
      • Whizerd

LMFAO..you mean the 'freedoms' that they are taking away from us, and are all-but non existent anymore? Those freedoms? The ones they are using all THIS war bullshit to distract from? THOSE freedoms??
        You're an idiot sheep. Go put yourself in an 'Enrichment camp' now, to save us true Americans the trouble for doing it for you. BAAAAAAAAA!
        Any troops that take the next deployment orders will watch their friends and family in this country die. They will watch this happening from a computer screen while being 6000 miles away..by the very 'people' that are sending them over there to fight a useless 'war'..or whatever they want to call it these days.
        Disgusting that there are still so many asleep. Whats even more disgusting is that honest people are gonna have to make some bloodshed on their homeland against these idiots that didn't have to die, but prefer to participate in exterminating their own.
        You are not ready for whats coming. But as of right now, I have no empathy for you...you've been warned for decades now....we tried to say please in non-violent ways..now its time for FORCE. And if you are still asleep, you will be counted as the enemy. Period.
        Wake the hell up!

January 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
      • Meathook

Nic eone, often times pussies like the assclown you replied too live in safety because they know the computer keeps them from getting their collective ass kicked, I applaud your reply.

Retired USAF – screw the assclowns who dont or wont understand why the US engages when it is called

January 18, 2012 at 9:53 am |
      • Lara

All your country Institutions created by Dark Criminal Elite's CONTROL and ENSLAVE you. Meeeeee SHIP !

January 18, 2012 at 7:31 pm |
    • USMCBeth

You're welcome for the freedom to sit on your fat ass and let us do the work.

January 17, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Reply
      • Whizerd

Yep..thanks for helping the bankers and the elite for us.
        I envy your courageousness, but not your reasoning.
        You're asleep. But if it's any consolation, it's not completely your fault..you were brainwashed into it from a very young age, and were programmed to not think for yourself when it came to human value.
        NONE of what any soldier did over there recently had ANYTHING to do with American freedoms..NOTHING.
        Sleep well. Sheep.

January 17, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
      • Meathook

Whizerd

You are a real fucjen idiot huh, talk much shit ending with a bullshit comment of Blessed be to all – well FUCK You Spud, I got your blessed hanging between my legs asswipe

January 18, 2012 at 9:54 am |
    • capricious

I didn't know anyone other than Americans were able to comment on this. If you are one, deport yourself to wherever your ancestors came from. Blind Bastard.

January 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Reply
  59. Sunflower

Great story. Glad it ended well.

January 17, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Reply
    • JIm

Except for the recipients of that bomb. Someday we wont keep killing each other.

January 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Reply
  60. Chris

Where do you see a call sign?

January 17, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Reply
  61. AmericanProud

You guys are awesome – we are truly proud of your service and are grateful that both of you made it though that ordeal.

January 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Reply
    • Lara

and what a shame that i didn't meet them their , it would be my pleasure to put a bullet into their heads for what they done to a Libyans.

January 18, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Reply
  62. Ipploit

CNN, please hire reports who have a clue or at least decent editors. The Osprey is not a "helicopter" it is a tilt rotor airplane, there is a significant difference.

January 17, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Reply
    • Kaypro

You beat me to it with your comment. Blows my mind too how a "Pentagon reporterr" would not know the difference between a helicopter and an Osprey.

January 17, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Reply
    • Leaf on the Wind

The least they could have done was look it up on wikipedia . . . that is, if they get to it before midnight.

January 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Reply

GOOD ONE! ^5

January 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
  63. T-ro

Awesome little piece of propaganda,,, kudos to the writer!!!

January 17, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Reply
  64. Bill Hockstedler

Great story. YOu do however have a typo on the next to last sentence, you wrote "What when wrong with the F-15 that night?" You meant to say What went wrong.

January 17, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Reply
    • Kaypro

You call her on that and let her off the hook on not having a clue on what an Osprey is?

January 17, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Reply
      • warezwolf

ROFL-
        she could have also done this:
        Investigators believe one of the flight maneuvers threw the plane off balance for a variety of technical reasons that the two-man crew could not have anticipated.( someone will answer for the lack of preparedness and technical knowledge since it was not conveyed to the pilots, right?)

January 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm |
  65. dewed

Just reminding everyone of Maj Harney's callsign. "Meso."

Say it a few times, you'll figure it out. It's a good one.

January 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Reply
    • Val

@dewed. Where do u see a call sign ?

January 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Reply
      • dewed

Just know it from when the story first came out last year.

January 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
    • Val

Too funny! Well he's a hero in my book!

January 17, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  66. Ryan

Did anyone review this article for errors before it was published?

January 17, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Reply
    • Brian

Ryan, CNN does not use fact checkers or spell checkers. Hang around the site and you will find this is fairly routine.

January 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Reply
      • Whizerd

Don't be too hard on them...they are only doing what they were told to do....thats why they recruit the people that are known to not think for themselves.

January 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm |