Video purports to show Marines urinating on corpses
An image captured on You Tube shows what appear to be U.S. Marines urinating on bodies
January 11th, 2012

Video purports to show Marines urinating on corpses

By CNN Wire Staff

A number of websites including TMZ and YouTube posted a video Wednesday showing four men dressed in U.S. Marine Corps combat gear urinating on the apparently dead bodies of three men sprawled on the ground in front of them.

One of the men says, "Have a great day, buddy." A voice asks, "You got it on the video?" to which another voice responds, "Yeah." Another jokes, "Golden, like a shower."

It was not clear who shot or posted the 39-second video, who the people pictured in it were or where it was shot.

"We recently became aware of an inappropriate video on a public website that appears to involve members of our military," ISAF spokesman Col. Gary Kolb said from Kabul, Afghanistan. "We will not speculate on the details but will take all necessary actions to determine the facts."

He said an investigation was under way but would not comment on the video's authenticity. The faces of the bodies are not identifiable.

"While we have not yet verified the origin or authenticity of this video, the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps," said U.S.M.C. Media Officer Kendra Hardesty. "This matter will be fully investigated and those responsible will be held accountable for their actions. We are in the process of verifying what unit these Marines are with right now and as soon as we have more information, we will let you know."

"Regardless of the circumstances or who is in the video, this is egregious , disgusting behavior," said DOD spokesman Capt. John Kirby. "It's hideous. It turned my stomach."

CNN's Barbara Starr contributed to this story.

Filed under: Marines • Military
  1. centre d'appel formation

salut je suis une étudiante de la england j'ai trop aimer ton site et les colorations bien sur l'article la site . Véritablement je vous remercie pour l'dirigeant de ce internet site http://bpomanagers.com

November 14, 2013 at 4:29 am | Reply
  2. Dark Souls (Prepare to Die Edition)

It’s hard to come by experienced people about this topic, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

August 19, 2012 at 3:06 am | Reply
  3. Rick

They video tape cutting our heads off, drag our bodies through the streets and torture us.
    So what if they get piss.

January 15, 2012 at 11:14 am | Reply
    • Matt

Simply unjustified behavior. Someone has a lot of explaining to do to save their hide. Sure they treat us like crap over there, and they deserve to be treated like the trash they are. But under no circumstance should we ever stoop to their level. These Marines must remember they not only represent themselves but that flag they wear on their arm too. If you find a enemy put a bullet in his head, check him for intel, respect the corpse, and move on. Anything else is unnessacary.

January 17, 2012 at 12:47 am | Reply
      • Matt

Also since we live in a society so interlocked with religion. What would Jesus think of pissing on a dead body. What would Jesus think of any of you supporting this action. Kill the target, them respect the dead body. Never stoop to their level, we are better than that.

January 17, 2012 at 12:49 am |
  4. dee

I am a middle-aged woman from a small town with a grown son who went to college and has a good job. The point being I have no experience or knowledge of the military. Therefore, I do not know how I would behave 86,400 seconds of every day if my life were in danger, not knowing when I go to bed if I'll wake up. I cannot imagine the atrosities these gentlemen have seen or what the circumstances were that led to this albeit poor behavior. These gentlemen's lives will never be the same. When they come home, I'm sure they will have their own physical and psychological problems to deal with. What I find completely and utterly repulsive is the fact that our country could even entertain the idea of holding these men criminally responsible. They go over and risk THEIR lives for THIS country, and that's how we repay them. Now THAT is the real disgrace!!

January 13, 2012 at 10:24 am | Reply
    • Zee

Have you ever heard anything about "Code of Conduct"? Under no circumstances this behavior is acceptable.

January 13, 2012 at 10:43 am | Reply
      • dee

I have heard of it. Have you ever heard of not judging someone until you walk a mile in their shoes? I think in the face of everything these men face or see on a continuous basis, they might not be thinking completely clearly and could possibly make a bad decision. But again, I don't know because I've never dealt with anything remotely close to what they go through, so I'm not going to judge what they did.

January 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
      • Skypac

So, this was actually filmed in camp Pendleton. It was made to exacerbate anti-American sentiment in the middle east to keep open the theater of ops ongoing. Watch all your politicians reactions and how they contain the fallout, but look at who is actually heavily invested in General Dynamics, Sikorsky, ect. Welcome to your "real" economy....war. If you stop manufacturing, what does it rely on? Wake up people, this type of propaganda is needed if your about to enter a new theater of operations. If you think it's crazy, well, I thought the 2012 NDAA is a little crazy, but oh well. Connect the dots.

January 14, 2012 at 4:50 am |
      • Skypac

I completely retract my comment. I apologize if I offended any readers by this thoughtless comment.

January 14, 2012 at 5:04 am |
    • psoleary

I agree, well said. I did a tour of duty with the Marines years ago and although I never saw any action the training to kill the enemy was etched in my mind. It was certainly in poor taste to tape the incident, but legal action??? C'mon, there dead enemy bodies. Maybe relatives of 9/11 or some other terrorist BS. Maybe not but still the enemy! Our taxes at work, what a waste of money but I guess the politicians and Generals need something to do.

January 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Reply
  5. Halloran

OK, so it wasn't exactly polite, and the real lesson here is don't film anything if you can't
    keep control of it. Unfortunate all around. But, in the words of Nit Romney, " this ain't bean bag "
    and shit does definitely happen. However, to try and bust these guys for this relatively juvenile act
    is like giving out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. Suck it up and move on. Semper Fi

January 13, 2012 at 10:21 am | Reply
    • Buzzer

You're right it was a juvenile act. Criminal? HELL NO. Disciplined? With extreme PREJUDICE. Do what it takes to ENSURE they get it through their heads that their actions did NOTHING but put other Marines and service men/women in USELESS danger...and if that doesn't "register" then they have NO PLACE in down range conducting operations.

January 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Reply
    • Matt

Im sure Jesus would have approved of this act (sarcasm). Only a scum bag would piss on another human being after taking his life. Enemy or not, show respect for the dead.

January 17, 2012 at 12:51 am | Reply
  6. ReincarnatedSoldier

I've been killing, raping, and burning since the beginning of time.
    I take scalps, I dance on graves, I shit on your dead children.
    What do you expect when you are too important to do your own dirty work?

January 13, 2012 at 10:19 am | Reply
    • Matt

I bet your a believer in the Workings of Jesus Christ as well

January 17, 2012 at 12:52 am | Reply
  7. Bill

I was the first kid on my block to piss in a mosque. I was during prayer time and I filled the shoes up with piss. Happy I didnt get caught because thoses muzzy POS would then have to pay. Most of us real Americans hate these people. We have been fighting them all my life and fighting them is more like the hate we had against the japs than the mutual respect we had for the germans. Guns up!
    I am also happy to see that these Marines are remaining hydrated and using the head from a secure position.

January 13, 2012 at 10:06 am | Reply
  8. Morgan White

Good thing they didn't burn them and hang them from a bridge like was done to our troops. I say our men and women have been through hell let them be.

January 13, 2012 at 9:30 am | Reply
    • robroy

remember M.W. those hanging from the bridge weren't soldiers,they were contractors those boys were their for the almighty dollar.those boys signed up for the almighty F##@'N paycheck.i don't remember someone enlisting into the marines as the big F##@'N paycheck as part of the key to it's core of values.

January 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Reply
      • ranger 830

Watch your mouth Scott Halveston was a close friend and brother in arms! He was a true patriot who shed blood on behalf of an ungreatful country and total bags of shit like you limpdick!!!! Scott halveston was a former navy seal who served his country proudly! Scott was lead into an ambush by the Iraqi police and killed beaten and hung from that bridge. Contractors are not what you uneducated shit bags think! Get a clue before you spout off your mouth!!!!!!!! Prob best for you to stay hidden behind your computer all nice and safe! Because if i could find you it would not be pretty!

January 14, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
      • robroy

so ranger 830,just exactly give myself and the rest of the uneducated world the clear definition on what a well paid contractor is.the finances that those 4 contractors were hauling in could have employed a platoon of marines,which would have brought alot more firepower to the situation Hey ranger 830,sorry for your loss but your tax payers have got another trillon dollars shoved up their ass because of one of the greatest misspent operations in your countries history.

January 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
  9. LTC VIETNAM FRED USMC

yOU FIGHT AND WATCH YOUR FRIENDS WHO ARE CLOSER TO YOU THAN YOUR MOTHER DIE AND ARE WOUNDED AND WATCH WHAT THE ENEMY DOEST TO THEM. HERE IS TO OUR GUTLESS LEADER. THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE #2 ON THE USELESS SCUMBAG RAGHEADS

January 13, 2012 at 12:19 am | Reply
    • Buzzer

LTC in the USMC? You as a CO would have done the same knowing the consequences of your actions would put your men and other servicemen in harms way? FOR NO DAMN GOOD REASON? You're full of sh!t, lack the "big picture", "judgement" and the more I think of it, a complete scumbag veteran who is a discrace to the USMC. These Marines should have let their actions speak for themselves...the actions they took when their rounds did their job by eliminating the threat...they should have LET GOD SORT THEM OUT AND LET IT BE. Now fellow Marines are put in USELESS danger by their foolish actions to include the moron who video taped it.

January 13, 2012 at 12:33 am | Reply
    • thorny

you probably weren't even a marine, but you definitely were not a lieutenant colonel.

January 13, 2012 at 8:20 am | Reply
  10. william musson

another deplorable example of American exceptionalism

January 12, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Reply
    • jackssmirkingrevenge

You bet your @ss that this is a fine example. When you have experienced one minute of being in that environment you will drop your whiney well fed attitude and begin to understand that the garbage you are fighting against is the garbage that keeps you from going home. HOME to your warm bed. HOME to your family and friends. HOME to a cold beer and a slice of ham that reminds you what you are fighting for. Wait, I'm sorry, I forgot, you are already there. You are HOME whining about what fighting men do. HOME in your safe bed with your safe family and safe friends. HOME, not worrying about whether you will live or die tomorrow because the American service man is fighting to uphold your HOME. I would rather these men urinate on the face of your family and friends than desecrate the bodies of men that fight to preserve their own ideals. Better they desecrate your life than the more honorable life of a Taliban fighter.

January 13, 2012 at 8:20 am | Reply
      • robroy

yeh,that's right you simple moronic idiot,while we're all home snuggled in our beds,simple yes boy's who played too many war games are acting like a bunch of animals,no let me correct that and apologize to the animal kingdom,there's been no documented case of an animal pissing on it's prey,no these are even lower than the animals we slaughter everyday.piss on our families, you must have strained too hard while on the shitter ,gave yourself a braincramp,while staring at your uncle sam wallpaper and wiping your ass with your stars and stripes toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 15, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
  11. dilberth

Well, this vindicates my recent activities regarding the desecration I engaged in. At the time, I didn't see anything wrong with what I did, although I was ordered off the cemetery property because it appeared that I was dancing on the graves of dead soldiers.

January 12, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Reply
    • mipolitic

i take it you are talking about your dance on usa military graves, may i susgest if you do not like it here you can leave , you do have the freedom to leave, because usa troops protect those freedoms that you enjoy.

January 13, 2012 at 1:00 am | Reply
      • Insanityofwar

What this shows is the insanity of both sides – THERE CAN NEVER BE ANY WINNERS IF THIS KEEPS GOING ON !!!

January 13, 2012 at 4:49 am |
      • ME

....and many of those same soldiers return to this country disturbed and damaged beyond repair, psychologically and physically. God Bless America.

January 13, 2012 at 7:52 am |
      • thorny

how very american of you...

should everyone who disagrees with you leave the country?

you would make a very good republican...

January 13, 2012 at 8:21 am |
  12. alaskan1st

Could these marines possibly come up with a better way to recruit more terrorists than that? Look how many Americans signed up after the pics of Americans hanging from the bridge, or being drug through the streets............While pis sing on dead taliban, they also pis sed on American values.

January 12, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Reply
    • Emperor Norton

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Every time one of our soldiers acts like a fool, it has effects well beyond what they intend. This is a war where every time we act gracious and intelligent and deny the enemy a propaganda victory, we win a bit more.

January 13, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Reply
  13. Meanest-Dog-In-The Compound

"If" they violated any of the military rules of "decorum", then an (undocumented) oral counselling would serve as punishment for someone who is trying to kill you (i.e. coming in late for work). Hooorah for Marines! War is Hell and does not belong to the the "Etiquette and Rules" I consider the Administration Officials to criticize "boots on the ground" as giving comfort to the enemy. To win this "WAR" depends on the ability to demoralize your enemy to the extent he/she loses the will to fight! If your don't believe this, plan for a 1,000 year war. Unfortunately, there was not a pig carcuss nearby whereby they could have wrapped the taliban corpses in and let them hang as an example for 30 days befor setting them afire.

January 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Reply
  14. bob morrison

I am not terribly disturbed with this at all. This is not a "war" in the usual sense It is a form of "military" action against a group of people whom the United States government has deemed a "foe" and we are sending in young Americans, who volunteered for the United States Marines into a belligerent situation where they can lose their lives in a conflict that they know nothing about, other than that their government tells them to, "shoot to kill".

January 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Reply
    • BrownCow

"They did not do anything morally wrong than to simply "piss" on the men they killed. they did not torture anyone or desecrate bodies. They simply pissed on them! I would have done the same thing!"

... forgetting, of course & conveniently, that the USA committed a literal holocaust in Falluja and even after leaving, left so much radio active and chemicals polluting the people and the land that doctors have advised the people never to have any more children due to the likelihood they would be deformed with genetic defects ... all because four filthy, greedy contractors were killed and mutilated.

January 13, 2012 at 2:39 am | Reply
  15. RECON MARINE

PISS ON THEM!!!
    The U.S. expects ours troops to fight civilized but the rest of the world doesn't.
    There is nothing civilized about fighting a war.
    And the drive-by-media and ragheads everywhere try to exploit our fine military.
    Marines are the ONLY branch of service that understands what it takes to win a war.
    And I agree with others, they should be given medals. At least they didn't burn their bodies in EFFIGY like those that hate this country do.

January 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Reply
    • Buzzer

Alright Marine, did it ever cross you mind that by their actions that this will make the job harder on us in theater? That their short sighted actions may very well bring more insurgents out to attempt to kill fellow servicemen and women to include me? Explain how their actions will help "win" the war in Afghanistan you dumb ass? Are you even a Marine and what rank are you? You feel their actions are "responsible" or are you just going to say F@uck it...they got what they deserved? I'll bet you you've never been in command of more than a handful of Marines because you can't seem to see past the "revenge" aspect of fighting a war....you're narrow view of war is PATHETIC and JUVENILE. BTW, drop the arrogant attitude that only Marines know how to "conduct" a war...not in once instance has any one service EVER "won" a major conflict without close coordination with the other...go back to you barracks and wait for you next deployment, do what you're told and leave the important decisions to those who have a "clue" about knowing that certain actions have consequences down the road and have the discernment and responsible mindset to make command decisions.

January 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Reply
      • thorny

of course that didn't cross his mind. he's probably not even really a marine.

January 13, 2012 at 8:23 am |
    • t s reddy

transparency is the only way to stop the institutional savage.Had it not the American marines,White House would be giving the lectures on how to treat the enemy soldiers

January 13, 2012 at 1:12 am | Reply
    • ranger 830

Only the marines understand huh? Thats a bold statement son! Guess your the only ones operating in the shit huh? I must have just been over there twiddling my thumbs!

January 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Reply
  16. ME

Cannot believe the numbers of idiotic, pathological, antisocial, sociopathic posters here condoning and even celebrating such actions. It;s no wonder so many soldiers return home with mental problems.

January 12, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Reply
    • kaka

Most of those idiots are living in their moms basement in some little hick town and never seen a foreigner in their entire life.. what do you expect..ignorance is bliss..

January 12, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Reply
  17. Ferhat

If the enemy commits atrocities or behaves in a horrible way, that does not excuse or give us the option to do the same. If we start behaving like them, than we are no different.

January 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Reply
  18. john george

hell give em a medal! moslem murder, bomb, rape guys and girls, murder everything, start crap every chance they get and your worried about a pissing contest? i say again give em a dam medal! moslem are the lowest life scumbags on this planet and iran, with nukes, will start ww3! how stupid is our government? they, yes they brought the stinking low class scumbag moslem to our country! now how many americans want them scumbag murdering trash here? thank panneta! now you idiot give our guys a dam medal! john george columbus ohio

January 12, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Reply
  19. Vet

Its great how we're the ones being criticized what they do Is alright but not us go fight a war see
    if you can hold your feelings 24-7 instead of piss maybe they should of pour acid on their face as they do to
    kids just trying to go to school I say good for them their animals, and as for for our Leaders STFU you can t get
    along amongst yourselves much less at war

January 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Reply
  20. Jack the Referee

I am speechless and sorry that American soldiers would resort to such behavior and worse to mock the dead in such a way. Sadly, in wartime it seems that these things happen and they happen in all parts of the world by many soldiers and mercenaries. In many cases ever worse behavior occurs by warring factions. Just another scenario whereby innocent people will probably now be targeted for these abuses. This is not what the American soldier stands for and to the bozo who recorded the actions and didn't try to stop them from this act you too are heinous.

January 12, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Reply
  21. MilVet

Strange to see such outdated equipment (vests) on those marines.

IF this is real: This is not an issue of religion. This is an issue of human dignity and honor. What those men did was disgusting and deplorable. Those are sick men and they need to first face court martial, have their names released, prosecuted under the rules of the Geneva convention and then be given psychiatric help.

War does not excuse them from shaming their country, their units and their families. Given the sensitive nature of their mission (peace keeping), they knew the implications of their actions. It makes me sad and disgusted but I can only imagine how it makes their fellow marines and the Marine Corp as a whole feel. These are simply disgraceful acts and these marines should be prosecuted to the full extend of the international law

January 12, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Reply
  22. Beth Clemensen

Take another look at the Taliban beheading Daniel Pearlman, or any number of other peaceful journalists. Take another look at the news reports of the 'religious police' beating women for laughing in public. Take another look at Taliban videos in Pakistan, especially the 13 year old boy calmly cutting off the head of a man (took him 45 minutes and the guy was alive through most of it).
    What the Marines did was rude. I really can't criticize them anymore strongly than that.
    Still, we are better than the Taliban, far better, and our soldiers should remember that.
    Daniel Pearlman, Daniel Pearlman, a sweet intelligent man who also wrote childrens books.

January 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Reply
  23. K.B. Grafaz

The Few. The Proud. The Marines.

January 12, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Reply
  24. Appalled

Typical idiot Americans. It shocks me the number of people on here that support this kind of behaviour. If those were American soldiers on the ground, what would be said then? What if it was one of your own family members? I don't doubt that this is far from the worst thing that's happened over there, on either side, but to film it and post it online? Are they that stupid? How many American soldiers will die just because of this? Why would anyone want to give the extremists and terrorists something like this to fuel the fire? And, to top it all off, all of the people posting on here celebrating it?
    No wonder you Americans are hated everywhere but in your own backyard.

January 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Reply
    • taternogin

We do this kind of stuff. Never mind we killed these savages dead. I was the first kid on my block to piss in a mosque, too bad we didnt burn it down.

January 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Reply
      • ME

Antisocial piece of s h i t.

January 12, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
      • kaka

I doubt it very much you did that when people were around you piece of shit coward..that doesn't make u a man u dumb fuck..

January 12, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
    • Vin Carrillo

To all you moochers, appreciate the grief our military personnel go through every day – sent to the armpits of the Universe to be police officers with no formal training – or go do the job yourself.

I do love our politicians though, jumping on the band-wagon in an instant but taking for friggin ever to provide our troops care and resources when they get stateside.

And for Karzai – dude please get back in bed with that fat boy from China and shut your weak pie hole.

January 12, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Reply
  25. big ed

I'm being facetious of course – I don't think any normal beings condone desecrating a dead body.

January 12, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Reply
  26. big ed

I think what everyone here is trying to say is that we should simply tell the rest of the world that it is ok to urinate on our American soldiers dead bodies – problem solved! This is all part of war.

January 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Reply
    • Getoveryourself

Al Qaeda and Taliban already desecrate our dead service members (military). They never needed an excuse. It's sanctimonious and hypocritical for them to condemn this act. No one is going to join the Taliban over this desecration by our US Marines that would not have done so already but they will certainly use this action as an excuse because of all the media attention.

January 13, 2012 at 10:49 am | Reply
  27. biased1

Yea right, CNN. You want us to get angry over some grunts for bad behavior meanwhile our "honorable" leaders piss $2 billion/week (our money) on this war of occupation. Don't mention the fact that our leaders think torture is OK and tens of thousands of civilian casualties isn't a problem. The media is just the propaganda arm of the government. Have we become a nation of sheep?

January 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Reply
    • william musson

yes, we have become a nation of sheep......over weight sheep, for that matter and it has been that way for decades....

January 12, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Reply
  28. William Stewart

"Purports"... Hell yeah..
    NO, actually it was made in Israel, using real Massod personnel, and it was lemon juice.. Honest..!!

January 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  29. William

Muslims say God plans better than people... Maybe the Taliban killing fields are so extensive, you can't take a piss anywhere without hitting a dead Taliban body. ..They litter the ground like grains of sand on a beach.

Those soldiers now have a $200k+ per year job working for Black Water.

January 12, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Reply
  30. germerich

Sempre Fi! !!! Way to go!! Give em all medals!!
    USNR retired

January 12, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Reply
    • Buzzer

15 years acitve duty USAF, and you're and idiot...glad you're retired, because if you would have been under my command and carried it out you would have been dishonorably discharged.

January 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Reply
      • germerich

It would have been worth it!

January 12, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
      • Buzzer

And you would just exude pride for doing so correct? And I bet that everyone in your unit and community would have thought so highly of you correct? Retired USN Reserves correct? Good to know that with your piece of crap moral standards that you weren't anywhere near the "tip of the spear" concerning U.S. Military power projection.

January 12, 2012 at 8:55 pm |
      • blah

6 years usmc and counting... AND you, USAF, were "anywhere near the tip of the spear of us military power projection?" Zoomie D-Bag this doesnt give them anymore reason to kill our marines than they already have. Get real this is war, however i feel I'm better than that, but some don't and if thats what relieves your stress after that same muj killed your brother then rock on devil.

You do realize that the CHAIRforce is just the token left wing arm of the US military, only there because we needed to include you liberal hippies and the only way you would join was to be guarenteed a desk job.

January 12, 2012 at 9:18 pm |
      • Vet

Give it a rest buzzer your barking up the wrong tree obviously
        you ain't been shit enough to bad cameras aren't around to show you desk
        desk jockeys the real war
        BTW 22 years Ret 75th Rangers , do unto them as they do unto my brother

January 12, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
  31. Hal

After what the Taliban has done to not only our men, but to THEIR woman and children, I consider what the marines did as of no matter of importance. I think defecation would have been more appropriate.

And if American dare get angry at this marine stunt, need I remind them of 9/11 again? Well done marines.

January 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Reply
  32. Doc

I have to agree that the behavior is shockingly bad for Marines. As a Marine, I am in no way condoning the behavior of these men. I do have to wonder though about the reason behind someone posting this. Shock value? Probably. As the conscience of the world, our soldiers are held to a much higher standard than our enemies. It is perfectly acceptable to behead our soldiers and hang them from a bridge, but not for our soldiers to act in such an obnoxious manner. I have to in part agree with some of the other posts that say our soldiers are not being prepared for the stresses of combat, but in large part, it is because our society has become such that things like this are no longer considered rude by many. For a Marine to act in such a manner, they are letting down countless others, and tarnishing the reputation of the Marine Corps. For those of you sitting in your comfortable homes, who have never served in the military though, you have no right to judge unless you have been there.

January 12, 2012 at 9:29 am | Reply
    • Irfan Haqqee

Doc,

You are taking about beheading of contractors (not marines).Think for a second. If some army invade your country on a false premise that your country has WMD (which ironically your country has) how would you treat them mindful of the fact In your country every citizen has the right to bear Arms? Would guarantee that every citizen would behave in a a civil manner? You are comparing your marines morality with a rag tag army of fighters who are going ballistic over the ruining of their country.

January 12, 2012 at 9:50 am | Reply
    • Vet

You can drop a 1000 lbs bomb on this trash but don’t piss on them that being mean. We will never win a war till we remember its not clean and neat to kill the enemy. And the men who do the killing forever change they aren't the average walk down the street wussy American male.

January 12, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
      • ranger 830

RLTW. Brother how copy over........

January 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm |
    • ranger 830

Hey doc I have to agree with ya If you have not been there done that and got the teeshirt! You should not comment on whats right or wrong! The average American civilian has no earthly idea what its like! They have not knelt in some dusty field or street with their fingers in some young mans chest or guts while he screams for his mother!!!!!! To them its all MW3!!!!! I am a former Ranger 68/W 1/75th Semper Fi Devil Doc. BTW. One of those contractors who was beaten burned and hung for that bridge was a buddy of mine. He was from my home town and rival high school. He was one hell of an athelete a former seal and an all around awesome guy! His name was scott halveston. R.I.P. Scotty Hooyah and you will not be frorgotten! God speed doc! Remember their is a fine line between bravery and stupidity !

January 12, 2012 at 11:50 am | Reply
      • Sanchanim

I have to agree with Ranger. If you haven't been there and experienced the crap that is war, then you have no right to comment.
        I don't excuse the behavior but honestly I can see their point of view. Watching people get blown apart, having to pick up what is left of them, watching those that get captured be torn apart burned etc is not pretty. You never forget.
        The smell of decomp is something that will stay with you forever.
        Don't come in here and make it political because it isn't. This is visceral in every sense and it has to do with the environment our troops are dealing with every day.

January 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • ReasonableGuy

" It is perfectly acceptable to behead our soldiers and hang them from a bridge ..."
      Acceptable to whom? Not to anyone in the U.S. Not to most people in the world. Acceptable to those who have let their minds and souls be corrupted, yes, but not to anyone else.

January 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Reply
    • blah

AND..... need i remind that just serving doesn't mean you've "been there." Doing 3 years in the air national guard does in no way give you the right to speak as if you rate an opinion on this matter.

Well said DOC.

As I said before, I for one wouldn't take part becuase I feel im better than that, however what would you do if that muj had just wounded or killed a brother marine??? Changes things doesn't it???

January 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Reply
  33. mipolitic

there is people standing in this video are not officially a part of the usa military if any of them are. a couple of guys in this vid stands out like sailor in a tank. do not take this the wrong way { the usa has the most diverse military in the world and there is 4 white guys here, no harm intended i am white to ) i find that odd. if in fact these guys are american two of these at the very least are not troops. i thought they use drones. and i am not convinced these are american and would like the voice with buddy comment to be polished and that will give clue. but hey sherlock could be wrong

January 12, 2012 at 8:42 am | Reply
  34. michaelfury

January 12, 2012 at 7:32 am | Reply
  35. mipolitic

nothing in these pics confirms that these guys are american , snipers with shiney faces , no close up of dudes on the ground, lots of questions ,.. why the recording. something stinks.

January 12, 2012 at 7:02 am | Reply
    • Appalled

If you read some of the updated articles at least 2 of the Marines have been identified, so far.

January 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Reply
  36. mipolitic

well , these guys are not part of a usa sniper unit ! helments ,weapons, and white shiney faces and wrong garb. is not part of sniper unit, and pros would never walk up to dispatched targets. why are these guys id american , nothing i see confirms them to be usa troops. these guys are looking around to their right. no shadow from guy taking video along with no comments. guys taking videos are always talking. no one backs away. no close up of dudes on the ground. i hope this is all crap but if it is real these guys will get help while they do time. taping this is weird with faces clear to see.

January 12, 2012 at 6:53 am | Reply
  37. who's surprised?

al Queda/Taliban just got 100 more recruits thanks to that video. "Good work" guys...

January 12, 2012 at 2:47 am | Reply
    • blah

"Allah" already told them to fight us. But THIS is what you think will push them over the edge? Those who were going to fight us will do so regardless, those who weren't actually support this treatment of the Terrorists. BUT then again had you been there EVER in your life you would know that.

January 12, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Reply
  38. mamoud

I hope that I never see any of those soldires qaounf my tent becauwe if I do I will take them out and puiss all over them. How can they do this to my brothers? How? Are wqe all not equal under Allah? So please srtupid ASmerrican troops. Do not puiss on mer or you wuill regret it. By the powerr of me, Mamoud, I hereby tell you all to watch out.

January 12, 2012 at 1:56 am | Reply
  39. Jeff

I hope that's how the washed Bin Laden before dumping him in the ocean.

January 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Reply
    • William Stewart

My thoughts too, Jeff.. Now if we could just doctor the photo to get the blacks out of there, we could put in the faces of 'Good Ol' Boys' like you..

January 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  40. Jeff

It's easy for everyone to sit on their couch and comment about how this behavior is disgusting, but if these guys had been shooting at you and now you had them right there in front of you dead, you would probably do the same thing.

January 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Reply
    • Christian 3/2 India Company 06-2010

This is absolutey appauling and for the chain of command not acting responsibly, the rules have become simple and the chain of command shows leniency due to the changing times, Marines don't do shit like that at least not the ones i knew that were there when i was discharged, sad thing is people are proud of this, this just shows that we're no better than anyone else, troubled and changing times no more garbage like this. for the ones that really did want to make the lifes change mos's were closed, family traditions nearly destroyed, instead you let garbage and scum into the ranks, every decent person i know at that unit is probably going apeshit. The Marines of 3/2's past would be stickin the boot str8 so far up somebodies ass and somebody goin down for that shit, Discipline and Honor went str8 out the window on this one

January 12, 2012 at 1:43 am | Reply
    • William Stewart

Jeff, only if they had killed my wife, like those marines DID in order to kill those talibans......

January 12, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Reply
    • kaka

You are an idiot.

January 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Reply
  41. El Duderino (if you're not into the whole brevity thing)

When did war become so politically correct? If these corpses were insurgents, I would suggest that you do whatever you want with the bodies; j#rk off on them, put birthday hats on them and set them in chairs, blow them up, or go to the top of a building and yell, "I can't take life anymore" and then throw them off to make it look like a suicide for fun. It's not like there's any entertainment in that god forsaken sh%thole. I'm glad I left the military.

January 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Reply
    • Buzzer

15 years active duty USAF, and if you would have displayed this behavior, you would have not been allowed to "leave" the military, you would have had the door hit your ass on the way out. Based on your comment, you left the military because the whole "honor" and "integrity" thing seems be just too hard for you to either grasp or work for.

January 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Reply
      • blah

Theres just no end to your soap box is there buzzer? You did your time BEHIND A DESK, who are you to act like you know whats ok and whats not? You were never in the position to get shot at, blown up, beheaded, or tortured, you can't honestly speak about how you would act in that situation, though I can tell you how you would act, you wouldn't be able to piss on them because you would have already drained your blatter in your pants long before these Marines saved your sorry @ss and commenced "desicrating" the already DEAD bodies. Again i ask, it was ok to put tungstan core 5.56 rounds into their skulls but not ok to take a leak on them afterwords? To understand this you must first understand the "warrior culture" these Marines are raised in. This is mearly the final expression of "we are better than you."

January 12, 2012 at 9:37 pm |
      • Buzzer

blah- 6 months in Afghanistan post 9/11 coordinating with the 101st Airborne and SOCOM...Objective Remington, the Whale's Back, Tora Bora and Anaconda ring a bell? Hope to hell you've read about these operations...heavily involved in doing everything to the best of my ability to give soliders and Marines the cover they needed when they called for it...and I took great pride in doing what I could to keep these scumbags off our soldiers/Marines backs so that they could see Allah sooner...go talk to a senior USMC CO about if the Air Force's A-10s, F-16GGs and B1s were just there "for show". Your recount of the "warrior mentality" also involves this thing called honor and the ability to make the right command desision involves looking past your own selfish "payback" and look and the consequences of your actions for the well-being of you fellow Marines. 6 years in the USMC? Stay in, because you've got alot of "growing up" to do.

January 13, 2012 at 1:11 am |
  42. Ed

So the dead corpses are good, but urinating on the corpses is shocking misconduct? It is Youtube, TMZ, CNN, and the rest that should be ashamed. What's the purpose of reporting it? Youtube won't post bare breasts, but shot corpses and urination is good stuff?

Give those Marines ice cream and instruct them to keep well hydrated, or get them out of that situation.

January 11, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Reply
    • El Duderino (if you're not into the whole brevity thing)

Well said Ed.

January 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Reply
    • robroy

so ED,just exactly who should show them?maybe your major news networks at suppertime. no ED they wouldn't show them because they've been told not to show them and many other cases of your call of duty boys in scenes comparable to what was done by the waffen ss and japanese royal marines in ww2.watch "A DARK SIDE OF AL DOURA" ON PULSE TV AND MAVERICK MEDIA put this and many other stories of animalism on prime time an sooner or later the public will start scratching their heads and wondering what the hell is going on over there.there's always 2 sides to a story and history is always written by the victor.

January 12, 2012 at 12:15 am | Reply
  43. Jeff Morrison

When did war become respectable?

January 11, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Reply
  44. Jeff Morrison

It's the freaking Marine Corps! Don't you think a few enemy soldiers were urinated on in WWII? Ears were cut off in Vietnam... It's a war zone. Get over it.

January 11, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Reply
  45. Capt. Conners

When the WAR and the CAUSE become DISHONORABLE, so do the SOLDIERS!

January 11, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Reply
    • Sanchanim

I think a large part of the issue is that many soldiers haven't been taught to deal with war. Regardless of the views of the the war or conflict itself if the soldiers haven't been instructed how to deal with it this is what happens. I am by no means defending the military or the soldiers involved. I am simply making and observation.
      If you know my screen name you know where I served. It is hard not to wind up acting like animals, and they need to be able to rely on each other to maintain themselves. This obviously didn't happen.

January 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  46. Sanchanim

Not part of the core values no, but if those guys were shooting at them a few minutes before I can almost at least empathize with their rude behavior. The guys are amped up on adrenalin and they are saying the F@#KER tried to kill me!!! It does not excuse the result, but I can at least see it from both perspectives.

January 11, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Reply
    • Huntmaster

What they ought to do, is hack their heads off, stick them on a post and feed the corpses to the bomb dogs.

January 12, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Reply