December 9th, 2011

From military base to ghost town

As the military heads to the exits, the U.S. is leaving behind the remnants of its eight year war.  Martin Savidge went to what was once a major U.S. base in southern Iraq, Camp Adder, which is now fading away.

Post by:
Filed under: Iraq • Military
  1. sgtbrooks_googleIT

School is also being taken away from the military......something is brewing.....and it smells as my kids say....do-do!

December 12, 2011 at 5:10 am | Reply
  2. Luis

Hello readers, I'm a recently returned soldier just wrapping up my first G.I.i bill semester of school. If you could please spare 45 seconds and fill out the survey I created below regarding gays in the military, I would appreciate it. God bless..

December 11, 2011 at 4:03 am | Reply
  3. Jose

YOU are supposed to pay for your children's education.

December 11, 2011 at 2:01 am | Reply
    • Curtis

Oh yeah? When you pay your taxes look closely at where your money goes. I know I'm paying for someone's schooling.

December 12, 2011 at 12:52 am | Reply
  4. studdmuffins

Oh James...tsk, tsk. Wouldn't our children have to make it through the diluted high school curriculum first. Even with it's inane focus on diversity, the renaming of history to social studies, revamped English to Language Arts and climate change driven science courses our kids have a hard time making it through the lower grade schools. College? Keep burning the money because most kids aren't ready for college.

And I almost forgot...It's not foreign language anymore, it's now called world language. Sadly we are being driven by the PC crowd into obscurity.

December 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  5. James

So this is what a big hole in the ground where they burnt all the money for our children's college education looks like. It is not impressive, I want a refund!

December 10, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Reply